Wire -- Quality -- Sources

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by PhantomOp, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Jriley

Jriley Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    It is well spooled wire but really That's just human nature man,
    Spend money on advertising/promoting and it pays off in the end because your selling the same thing for a higher price.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. Papa Gleb

Papa Gleb New Member

Blog Posts:
    I thought it was just the hype/name but couldnt find any evidence of it. Thanks for the info.

3. raymo2u

raymo2u VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    He was one of the first "vape wire" companies and he set his own price. Its one of the cleanest composition wires of Kanthal and Nichrome80. If you find it that expensive than I would suggest using Kidneypuncher, PureAtomist, or Coilsociety wire...they are very similar between them all and the pricing varies

Jriley likes this.
  4. Papa Gleb

Papa Gleb New Member

Blog Posts:
    Another point I was thinking about. Not to mention all of the OGs are using his wire which all helps the image. Dont get me wrong bless the man for his success. I just wanted to know is his wire prices nearly double because of hype or because it truly is superior wire but I have learned that its not so I will be buying accordingly.

To add to the thread, I have personally been always using Kbee for SS and Ni80. Wire very clean, prices are superb but the spooling... well I cant say its perfect but its nothing to complain about either I feel. I felt no kinks in the wire but when building with thinner wire I would often hear the wire catch against itself. Hopefully I am making sense but to sum up I have had zero issues with this wire.

I also have several spools of Masters of Clouds Ni80 24, 26, 28 which appear to be well spooled and wire is also clean. My only down side again if you can call it a downside is that their actual plastic spool only has 1 small hole to hold the wire and it does a poor job at that. Unless you have a spool tamer, this may be a problem.

I have been building for a few months now but being a lock picker (hobby) and a handy man, building comes naturally to me. I have already arranged several deals with my local shops placing orders with me and with that in mind I wanted to make sure I am using the best wire I can afford to make a valuable profit for my time. So thank you very much for this thread as it saved me tons of time.

5. raymo2u

raymo2u VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Search "Resistance Heating Wire" on ebay and you will find items under the seller "Kingorchid". View his other items. His wire is Sandvik just like Kidneypuncher but he only carries Nichrome and Kanthal D (only seller besides Temco that has Kanthal D also) and the wire is high quality, VERY inexpensive(as cheap as Kbee), and is the best spooled wire Ive used yet. I use it for my more intricate build because the spooling and quality of the wire there arent any issues that Im faced to deal with and that makes it go much more smoothly.

You can pick up 1000ft Spool of 38g, 40g, or 46g Kanthal D or Nichrome (40g) from him for $8, 100ft 28g Nichrome for $3, and he ships in minutes after purchase every time.
    This wire lasts a LONG time also, the Kanthal D will last almost a year with every day use and regular cleaning...alot of the people that have bought coils from me on the forum can attest to that.

Give it a try, you will see...I wish he had SS wire and .3 Ribbon and I seriously wouldnt shop anywhere else...

scarecrowjenkins and Jriley like this.
  6. Papa Gleb

Papa Gleb New Member

Blog Posts:
    Ill check him out right now. Big thanks for the info.

raymo2u likes this.
  7. Bordh777

Bordh777 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I'm puzzled by the order please please answer my question

I both this
    Crazy wire fused clapton
    Spoools

Is the wire quality high? And compare them with excellent companies

8. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Hard to understand what you're asking. Did you order crazy wire fused clapton or is Crazy Wire the brand name of the wire and it's a spool of fused clapton?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

9. Bordh777

Bordh777 New Member

Blog Posts:
    I mean i have wire
    Crazy Wire Company (UK)

I is this wire or coils form this sorue
    High quality?

10. KingPin!

KingPin! Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    They are ok, the wire isn’t always the cleanest though especially the kanthal...I use them a lot as they are relatively inexpensive, but that Clapton wire will get the job done for you

Best place I’ve bought wire from in UK is from stealthvape but you don’t get as much for the price and you’re limited by stock most of the time.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017 at 7:17 PM
  11. Bordh777

Bordh777 New Member

Blog Posts:
    yea i ihave n80 f c spool
    Wire crezy
    This wire only can be ok one condition 2-3 day and change
    He not get all blue colore in dry hits
    I hope its ok because the flavor lower in my rta serpent smm
    I have make single coil 6 wrps 0.37 ohms
    35- 40 watts - cotton becon

12. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
  13. KingPin!

KingPin! Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Agree with this ^^ crazy wire don’t always spool well either had a really bad ribbon spool from them

Been lucky with the thin gauge wire spools so far though

14. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    My Crazy Wire 36g and 38g Nichrome80 spools all had several kinks in the wire. In addition, I had to use a small piece of masking tape to secure the wire each time before I let the wire naturally untwist itself by letting the spool dangle underneath my table or else it would just tangle itself up right away so it was absolute horror TBH.