Wire -- Quality -- Sources

Discussion in 'Coil Building' started by PhantomOp, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Crazy Wire is still good for tying up tomato plants. Forget Americans... you really should try Kanthal A1 from here, Nichrome80 from here, SS316L from here, Belgium knows what's best for you. :cheers:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  2. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I always forget members here are from all over the world. Not like a friends list in Facebook.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  3. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg Yarrr, me booty VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Isn't it AWESOME?!

Wtmke1 likes this.
  4. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    I think if they're from England or in that region voice activation should be an option. I could listen to the accent all day.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  5. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    Nah. That part's called Scotland.

Wtmke1 likes this.
  6. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    is there an option on the site to wack it in English?

Winkelwagon ...:D I’m calling a shopping trolley that from now on!

Pegleg Meg, Carambrda and inspects like this.
  7. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    It translates itself after you've had 10 beers. ;)

Here's the official Wireworks website.
    http://wireworks.eu

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Pegleg Meg, KingPin! and Pastorfuzz like this.
  8. KingPin!

KingPin! In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^ Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    :giggle: :cheers:

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  9. Pegleg Meg

Pegleg Meg Yarrr, me booty VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Kbeewholesale : Order placed last Thursday during business hours, shipping label created today

Master of Clouds Wholesale: Order placed morning of Tuesday July 10th, and it'll be in my mailbox Today.

:vapemail:

Wtmke1 and KingPin! like this.
  10. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Have you tried the Jacobs wire yet?

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  11. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    I have not, but I plan to when I have the funds

I know Jacob's is not Expensive by any means, but I was stuck on bulk and cheap recently with only having $10 or $20 at a time and needing wire pronto

CrazyChef v2.0 likes this.
  12. BoostedTrini

BoostedTrini Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Best 36g and 38g Nichrome I've had bar none. I'm so glad I took your recommendation on them.

CrazyChef v2.0 and Pegleg Meg like this.
  13. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Yup! I've never had anything less than exceptional wire from them.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  14. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    I have 600ft of 316L 0.3 ribbon from Kbee - IT COMES OFF THE SPOOL STRAIGHT!!!!

LOOK AT IT, STRAIGHT OFF THE SPOOL!!!!

IMG_20180807_125107~2.jpg

15. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    Damn that's straight

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  16. WPMac

WPMac New Member Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Just realized I Posted here and said I
    Just realized I Posted here and said I would check back in. Well I still order from Crazywire. After another few thousand feet, and more good hard time with this wire, I've come to the conclusion that it's just inconsistent. Ive got like 1500'ish feet, over 3 spools, of ribbon from them that comes perfectly straight off the spool. And then I've got 1 spool that gets caught up and kinks every few feet. The wire quality itself is actually really decent. It lasts as long as the few spools of lightning I've tried, when taken care of. And after shopping around a bit, you just can't beat the price. 200m/660ft of Ni80 36g is 5.69 euro (6.60 usd). 500' at lightningvapes is 14 usd. under /12 the price of the cheapest "Name brand". And shipping apparently isn't as bad as I stated before. It's a flat 8.50. Which if your only ordering a couple of spools is pretty steep. But becomes less noticeable when you get thousands of feet at a time. All in all I think it's worth it for the price! :D

KingPin! and Pegleg Meg like this.
  17. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Master of clouds wholesale has n80 36g, 1,250 for $11 (or 625ft for $5.50, free shipping)

If you get the 250ft spools - thats the only downside if you'd call it that - spools max out at 250ft

KingPin! likes this.
  18. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    Well that's pretty nifty! I'll have to check it out and see if the quality is any good.

KingPin! and Pegleg Meg like this.
  19. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

All my spools have been great, same for 36g SS and 36g kanthal from them

KingPin! and WPMac like this.
  20. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    Crazy Wire 36g Ni80 wasn't that cheap after I factored in all the antidepressants to live with the wire's unstoppable tendency to tangle itself up due to there being the craziest amount of twist in the wire, the various kinks in the wire, and the occasional bump that felt similar to a knot in the wire.

Pegleg Meg and KingPin! like this.
  21. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    I get hit and miss from crazy wire also their spooling process is shite

St.Roostifer and Pegleg Meg like this.
  22. r055co

r055co VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    I've had very good luck with their 317L SS, I have around 40 or 50 spools of it and have been through at least 10. Now their Kanthal I'm not impressed at all.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer and Pegleg Meg like this.
  23. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    SS316L and Nichrome 36 and 38g is fine haven’t had any issues there but their kanthal like you said is not all that great especially ribbon wire ...sometimes it’s weaved over and under makes stacking really hard for consistency

But it’s cheap as you like and still manage to get builds out of it all ok

WPMac, St.Roostifer and Pegleg Meg like this.
  24. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    I bought a 30,000 ft spool of Kanthal (brand) 40g today :oops: from Kingorchid on ebay (no, he doesnt have another 30k spool right now, cause I bought it lol)

Any guesses on price?

KingPin! and Wtmke1 like this.
  25. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Go on?

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  26. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    30,000 ft for $125 :eek:

It would only be about $330 from kingorchid if you bought 1k at a time, super good prices from him

raymo2u and KingPin! like this.
  27. KingPin!

Blog Posts:
    Wow ...mind you you’re gonna need industrial spool tamers for that bad boy :giggle:

raymo2u and Pegleg Meg like this.
  28. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    I got that big spool of 46 from him back in Feb, figure if I can respool 46 then 40 wont be any harder lol

PSX_20180910_095003.jpg

WPMac, raymo2u and KingPin! like this.
  29. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    Something's amiss at Kbee... 0.3 kanthal ribbon is coming off the spool straight, too

Attached Files:

KingPin! and WPMac like this.
  30. r055co

Blog Posts:
    Amazing, is it clean? KBee is IMO one of the worst shitwire companies out there. You may save a couple of bucks but not fucking worth it, if you're on a budget get real Sandvik wire from Temco. They're inexpensive, buy it by the pound if you like for huge spools. Other than that I stick with Atomizer Wick and Kidney Puncher for it's not worth the pennies you may save from shitwire like KBee.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  31. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

All the Temco I've gotten has been terrible.

Yes, their (Kbee's) 0.3 kanthal ribbon has always been clean (since my first purchase Feb/March '18) - it's good quality.

I got some 0.3 SS ribbon from Kbee recently and it came off the spool straight

New 0.3 kanthal is also coming off straight - this is a new thing from them. They're doing something right.

I still wouldnt buy any round or high gauge from them though

raymo2u likes this.
  32. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    I have a Kbee staple build in my Engine Nano that's still healthy after 6 months

33. r055co

Blog Posts:
    I use Temco for my practice wire, absolutely loath KBee. I'd rather strip bedspring wire out or strip bailing wire off hay bails than use that shitwire.

Kidney Puncher is the best I've found, well worth the minimal cost. Shame they don't have 317L, I use Atomizer Wick for that. You really can't beat real Sandvik wire ;)

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  34. WPMac

Blog Posts:
    Maybe it's just the .3 worldwide that is having a good day. cause my last round of .3 from crazywire is just exquisite!!

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  35. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:
    KidneyPuncher won't ship to my state (Arkansas) and I'm not gonna email them and ask so I can pay 300% more for wire that I've already sourced from other real Sandvik suppliers.

I'm getting a 30k foot spool of 40g today, Sandvik Kanthal :D This bulk buy cost 1/6th of what it would to buy 1,000 ft at a time from KP

r055co and Wtmke1 like this.
  36. Wtmke1

Blog Posts:
    30k? Damnnnn. I always feel like I'm wasting wire when it goes south. I'd be more apt to build more often if I had that much. Lol

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  37. r055co

Blog Posts:
    Weird, why won't they ship to Arkansas? Also what's your other source of Sandvik? I'd love to have another source.

Pegleg Meg and Lotus Insane like this.
  38. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

That's why I got into 46g staples - got that huge spool and since that's what I had the most of, thats what I practiced with the most :D

Arkansas law bans interstate import of tobacco products; ready to vape nicotine e-liquid got added as a tobacco product; it does not apply to anything besides vapeable e-liquid, but some sellers are extra careful and just don't ship anything to Arkansas.

Kudos to KP for looking into the laws; most e-liquid stores have no clue. Quite unenforceable as a law imo, but anyway...

kingorchid on ebay buys large spools and respools them for resale - not all of his listings are Sandvik, so you have to look carefully - place of manufacture usually tells - Halstahammar, Sweden for Sandvik

1537026082018712874452.jpg

Carambrda, r055co and Wtmke1 like this.
  39. Pegleg Meg

Blog Posts:

After looking, the only wire he has from Sweden is Kanthal D high gauge - his n80 and n60 seems to be made by Driver Harris

r055co likes this.
  40. r055co

Blog Posts:
    Yeah Sandvik has the patent on Kanthal, anyone else who sells under advertising it as Kanthal are also looking for a lawsuit. Sandvik recently have started going after those company's cause most all are not adhering to the quality. Sandvik takes this infringement very seriously due to quality issues.

Pegleg Meg likes this.
  41. MichaelPhillips

MichaelPhillips New Member

Blog Posts:
    How is the wire from Wick-n-Vapes Cotton bacon Comp wrap ? ... Says a unique Nichrome blend with lower nickel content and added properties of kanthal . Providing optimal ramp time long pulls and longer life span....