Become a Patron!

Wires breaking at the chuck

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hello fellow vapers, is their anyone out there that can tell me why my wires for my builds keep breaking at the chuck of the drill never happened much before I use spro swivels and still this happens any tips?

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hmm, I use that as a sign my wire is twisted enough

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello fellow vapers, is their anyone out there that can tell me why my wires for my builds keep breaking at the chuck of the drill never happened much before I use spro swivels and still this happens any tips?
Too much tension

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
There is either too much pull tension, too much tension while the wrap is being claptoned and twisting the wire excessively or the swivels are binding..could be a mixture of all three...

You shouldnt hold the wrap wire too much, a slight pinch on the spool or wire will give enough tension needed.
Your just Claptoning so you dont need the wire perfectly straight, just enough to have the wire at level...try not pulling on the drill too much.
Wash your swivels and blow them dry, grab some Royal Purple from walmart or some Graphite Lube....use sparingly in them

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There is either too much pull tension, too much tension while the wrap is being claptoned and twisting the wire excessively or the swivels are binding..could be a mixture of all three...

You shouldnt hold the wrap wire too much, a slight pinch on the spool or wire will give enough tension needed.
Your just Claptoning so you dont need the wire perfectly straight, just enough to have the wire at level...try not pulling on the drill too much.
Wash your swivels and blow them dry, grab some Royal Purple from walmart or some Graphite Lube....use sparingly in them
Thank you I'm heavy handed for sure probably pulling too hard, will do on the swivels

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This happened to me when I didn't have the drill chuck level with the swivels. Fixed that and no more breaking.

VU Sponsors