Become a Patron!

wismec 200w vs smok alien

endarfluf

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I was looking at mods for the most power/biggest clouds, and i originally thought I'd get the smok alien, but someone said the Wismec 200W was the best. Im getting it with the tfv8 cloud beast. thoughts?

fuseryder

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow you are really digging deep here, these are two very popular mods but in terms of function I would vote the alien as it's smaller and will match that TFV8 better but the RX 2\3 would be my next choice because of versatility.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wismec has cheap pin connections and (just) ok build quality .I have the 200s and looking to get rid of it.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

SteveZ

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have the 2/3 and my alien arrives today.

Problem with the wismec is the 510 has a short travel so long pin atomizers don't screw down all the way. Only one I have a problem with is my boreas but a plastic washer fixes that problem. On the other hand it was priced right, it has a good board and the build quality on mine was very good for the price. Plus 3 batteries gives it longer vape time between charges and makes it completely safe to go to 200 watts - though I never do this - with decent batteries. I should admit that I couldn't find my 2 battery cover for the thing so I've been using it exclusively in 3 battery mode.

Got the Alien because it seems to have a good board and the form factor makes it very pocket friendly. The downside is that 2 battery mods have shorter vape time and you have to be careful with high wattage vaping. Somewhere between 130 and 165 watts you start to draw 20 amps from the batteries depending on how much charge they have left.

I vape between 80 and 110 watts so I expect to continue to be happy with the 2/3 and anticipate being happy with the alien once it arrives. If you are trying to pick between the two then these are the tradeoffs as I see them. If you plan on pushing the wattage limit them I'd go with the RX 2/3 or RX200S and make sure to use good quality batteries like the 25Rs or LGs.

Nancy_Bout

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Both are great!
I have the RX and the beast' love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The pin problem is well known.

As for the build quality you can see in the picture how the paint is coming off. Next to the mod is the silicone case I've always used with the mod. So I'm guessing the mod gets hot and the paint is chipping off (the case might also be responsible as it may help retain heat). My other mods do not have paint problems; despite the use of silicone cases with them.

Lastly you can see the gap around the battery door is pronounced.
46ca9b37521cbb787c5f49b3ee8ae277.jpg

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

VU Sponsors