Become a Patron!

Wismec 510 Issue Fix, Predator 228 and RX 300

Just wanted to share my fix for these Wismec Mods and the failing 510 issue. I have not seen this fix listed elsewhere, not that it has not been shared in other threads, I just have not seen it; hence this thread.

Both my Wismec Predator 228 and RX 300 suffered from the loose 510 connector. The fix was simple,cost me about $15, took an hour or so, plus time for epoxy to cure, and was easier than I expected.

Simply purchase some conductive epoxy that is both heat resistant, non-toxic, and cures with a strong bond. I used this
"Electrically Conductive Epoxy, Silver Adhesive, Room Temperature Cure, Air Dry AA-DUCT 902 , 2.5gm kit" found on Amazon here. It was enough to fix the two and perhaps an additional two mods.

Simply take the Predator apart, remove the 510 sleeve if its not already out, rough up the exterior where you will apply the epoxy with something sharp, you may not even need to, but I did; be careful not to hurt yourself. Then apply the epoxy to the outer surface of the 510 connector and simply slip the 510 back into its place, tap it with a small hammer or other item so it fits flush with the mod as was originally intended. Then wipe off any excess epoxy from the top of the mod, around the 510, and from underneath the 510 inside the mod's frame so the rubber sealing gasket will still sit flush with the bottom of the 510 connector. The little gasket needs a flush surface and any epoxy that drys there, could form an uneven surface if not wiped off. Then wait for it to cure before reassembling the mod.

I hope that makes sense, I used a lot of epoxy and this is why I cleaned excess out from under the 510, from inside the mod, but you may not have to.

With the RX 300, I did not disassemble the mod, I simply out the 510 as far as it would go, with the wire attached, and put the epoxy all around the outer sides of the 510 connector, then put it back in place, tapping it to sit flush with a small hammer, wiped off the excess and waited for it to dry before using. Not that the 510 on the RX 300 is a sealed unit, there is no little rubber gasket, so there is no real concern about excess epoxy under the 510, unless it forms like an icicle or something and touches other components; it would be difficult to do this and should be no problem as long as the amount of epoxy you use is within reason.

In both cases, it works absolutely fantastically, even better than the original. The connector is now super solid, there is a water tight seal around the connector and after 3 months or more of use, I have had absolutely Zero issues.

Attached a closeup photo. The mods are dirty and beat up, but unless you are as close up to the mod as the image, you really cannot see the fact that they were glued. The epoxy is silver color, the grime around the 510 is other dry juice, you can see a bit of silver epoxy around the Predator 510, but not much.

Wismec 510 Fixed.jpg

Just wanted to share the fix, since I have gained so much from the forum as a newer vaper. Better to share late than never in case anyone out there is still having this issue.

Cheers...

Last edited:

VU Sponsors