Become a Patron!

Wismec Bellerophon RTA Help

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just got a Bellerophon and from everything I read and saw online it’s supposed to be an easy build. I’ve reworked this 3 times with no success, I’m wicking it like I would my Dead Rabbit or Creed rta’s and I’m still getting dry hits when I up the wattage, lower temps I’m getting zero flavor. Not sure what I’m doing wrong. Using a .27ohm coil at 60-65w. IMG_9658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Those wicks look very long.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
is it wicked too tight then? I can't really tell from the photo when I blow it up but it looks a bit dry on the right side by the coil. Thats a beefy coil in there, juice needs to flow at the rate of consumption. Something is keeping that from happening. Its going to be in the wicking.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
is it wicked too tight then? I can really tell from the photo when I blow it up but it looks a bit dry on the right side by the coil. Thats a beefy coil in there, juice needs to flow at the rate of consumption. Something is keeping that from happening. Its going to be in the wicking.

Gotcha! I’m going to try using a coil I’ve built, I’m not used to using a single coil that low, I’m usually hanging around .4-5 when I’m using a single coil rda.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Gotcha! I’m going to try using a coil I’ve built, I’m not used to using a single coil that low, I’m usually hanging around .4-5 when I’m using a single coil rda.

You can use that coil, but might want to ease up on the wicking so the liquid can flow through easier. I am assuming you are using cotton which will expand once its saturated and this can create a bottleneck. You basically want enough to keep it from leaking. Try wicking it with just enough to give a little resistance and then thin the tips out real well so it creates the capillary action. I have to rewick my titan in a bit and will show you a pic of what I am talking about.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can use that coil, but might want to ease up on the wicking so the liquid can flow through easier. I am assuming you are using cotton which will expand once its saturated and this can create a bottleneck. You basically want enough to keep it from leaking. Try wicking it with just enough to give a little resistance and then thin the tips out real well so it creates the capillary action. I have to rewick my titan in a bit and will show you a pic of what I am talking about.

Awesome, thanks!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
heyya there icepick. I just got my Bellerophon, $5, unbelievable. and it is a nice looking piece. if it works well I am going to kick myself for not buying more of them.
did you use the coils that came with it ? I am going to be building m,ine in a little bit.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This is what I am talking about on thinning the tips.
Titan.jpg
You notice its almost see through at the end and then builds in density as it gets toward the coil. Im sure someone will have something negative to say about it but I know from doing it regularly it works very well.

Also, dont judge my coils. I am doing a longevity test to see how long these go before they poop in the bunch bowl.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Here is the voltrove. I do the same thing with it, but thin it out heavily from the bottom since the deck is small. If I dont it will bunch up and not wick fast enough for the rate of consumption.

voltrove.jpg

This is how much wicking material is removed from just that small bit of the wick.

Removed.jpg

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
in those pics. you still have to trim them shorter ?

Not really. It gets shaped better but since its thinned out much more, it needs a little more on the deck so it doesn't leak. It wicks very quickly and even as the cotton expands it keeps drawing up the liquid easily.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
heyya there icepick. I just got my Bellerophon, $5, unbelievable. and it is a nice looking piece. if it works well I am going to kick myself for not buying more of them.
did you use the coils that came with it ? I am going to be building m,ine in a little bit.

I’m using the stock coils that came with it. It’s definitely surprising it was only $5!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just tried it.

1st, I am a bit of a tard at wicking. but I got fairly well.

it hits pretty good, easy flow, and I think I could do better wicking it = little long at the ends. its easy to get leaks from assembly.
flavor, not so good.
I used the col that came with it and CB PRIME.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
You might need a touch more wicking if its leaking. It also helps with thin wick tips to use some tweezers after you initially wet it to better position the cotton in and around the juice channels.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You might need a touch more wicking if its leaking. It also helps with thin wick tips to use some tweezers after you initially wet it to better position the cotton in and around the juice channels.

it "was" leaking at the bottom of the bubble. but, it was a little loose. the problem is the way the gasket is.

oh, lube the o-ring at the filler cap !!!

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
View attachment 125946
You notice its almost see through at the end and then builds in density as it gets toward the coil. Im sure someone will have something negative to say about it but I know from doing it regularly it works very well.

Also, dont judge my coils. I am doing a longevity test to see how long these go before they poop in the bunch bowl.

So I used a thinner piece of cotton overall and then thinned an trimmed the tips...now it’s hitting way better! Thanks for the help!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I just tried it.

1st, I am a bit of a tard at wicking. but I got fairly well.

it hits pretty good, easy flow, and I think I could do better wicking it = little long at the ends. its easy to get leaks from assembly.
flavor, not so good.
I used the col that came with it and CB PRIME.

You will get better with it and once you do it enough it will just become second nature and you will eventually get to a point where you can look at the design of a build deck and pretty much tell how it needs to be wicked.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
So I used a thinner piece of cotton overall and then thinned an trimmed the tips...now it’s hitting way better! Thanks for the help!

Great to hear. This thinning method works pretty well for most RTA's and RDA's.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 125946
You notice its almost see through at the end and then builds in density as it gets toward the coil. I'm sure someone will have something negative to say about it...
Not me. That makes perfect sense and it's how I've been doing it too. Especially for rta's. I usually thin the very ends after I've cut the tails to length though.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok. I rewicked it. thinned out the ends. put in straight vg. its hitting pretty darned good. I'm going to dump it and put in some juice and see how the flavor is.

now I have to get to the INTAKE.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I used it last night = beer drink'n. I forgot to empty it :facepalm: = just topped off the top 3/4'ish. so I had to clear out the straight vg. I went outside, why, because this thing was blow'n clouds like a freak'n MoFo ! and I was able to just chain hit it, BAM BAM BAM BAM. it was laughable. I could hit it harder than I am able to hit it.
just for reference, I had my new vandy vape triple T with 3 coils working well also, FANTASTIC !

both for $32 otd, unbelievable. should have bought 2 more of the Bellerophon

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I bought Bellerophon a while back. Aside from aesthetically pleasing, I liked the air flow and it's raised position. Also looked to have a lot of margin when wicking, or rather, hard to flood if wicked loose because of all the room between the deck floor and the AF/bottom of coil.
I've wicked it 3x.
1st - Thinned tails a little and tucked the bottom 1/2 under the coil and the top 1/2 down the wicking slot. Leaked.
2nd - Thinned, cut short and left most of it at the top of the slot - on the deck at the ends of the coil. Leaked.
3rd - In the wicking slot only. Leaked.

I was bummed I couldn't just basically throw some wick in there and be done, so I shelved it.:wait:
I was going to visit it yesterday and didn't.
But am today to get it nailed down because it does have nice AF and great flavor. Looks awesome too imo.
The grubs are too small though. Have to be careful not to use the same force as most when tightening. Not the threads, but the the hex head will start stripping so just snug enough to hold the coil and stop.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I bought Bellerophon a while back. Aside from aesthetically pleasing, I liked the air flow and it's raised position. Also looked to have a lot of margin when wicking, or rather, hard to flood if wicked loose because of all the room between the deck floor and the AF/bottom of coil.
I've wicked it 3x.
1st - Thinned tails a little and tucked the bottom 1/2 under the coil and the top 1/2 down the wicking slot. Leaked.
2nd - Thinned, cut short and left most of it at the top of the slot - on the deck at the ends of the coil. Leaked.
3rd - In the wicking slot only. Leaked.

I was bummed I couldn't just basically throw some wick in there and be done, so I shelved it.:wait:
I was going to visit it yesterday and didn't.
But am today to get it nailed down because it does have nice AF and great flavor. Looks awesome too imo.
The grubs are too small though. Have to be careful not to use the same force as most when tightening. Not the threads, but the the hex head will start stripping so just snug enough to hold the coil and stop.

It took me several tries to get it wicked so I wouldn’t get dry hits, in the process of getting it down I basically learned how to wick all my rta’s properly so it helped in the long run. I one thing I kept saying was if all these reviewers can wick it so easily why can’t I...then I realized I’ve only been doing rebuildables for like 3 months and not 3yrs lol. Good luck on your build today!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years

^THIS^

what I did is raise the coil up to where the bottom of the coil was at the airflow openings. and yes, flooding = your wick would have to be pretty bad. not only that, if it where to start flooding, if your using it, that may be a good thing.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
^THIS^

what I did is raise the coil up to where the bottom of the coil was at the airflow openings. and yes, flooding = your wick would have to be pretty bad. not only that, if it where to start flooding, if your using it, that may be a good thing.

I just rewicked mine and didn’t think about coil position since the flavor is pretty good...not rda good but better than a premade coil flavor. I’m going to try raising the coil up (mine is currently sitting so the coil is right between the airflow slots) when I wick it next, so I’ll try it tomorrow ha ha. Thanks for the tip!

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
hey man. I saw your "go jai haze on it' comment. whats up ?

mine is working pretty well. cept I can't get it to stop leaking. I think this time I wicked it a little thin, but I don't think that's it. I think the bottom gasket is super finicky .

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I just couldn’t get the wicking down, it took way more tries than I’m happy to admit lol.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
so its ok now ? are you trying to hit it hard ?

It’s way better, at first I was half ass hitting it and then I’d take a bigger hit and it’d go dry. Part of my problem was using a lower ohm coil than I’m used to in a totally new setup. Once I switched the coil and applied all the advice I received the vape got better. I did have some trouble with the afc ring too but it wasn’t leaking, damn thing slid off whenever I’d take the rta off my mod.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
so your not using the stock coil anymore ? I am.

yeah, I am hitting it kinda half ass'd. I'm afraid to take a good hit, perhaps this weekend. but I am thinking this thing is not meant to be hit good, just good enough. and right now, that is plenty for how I am mostly vaping. sure wish I could get it to stop leaking.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
so your not using the stock coil anymore ? I am.

yeah, I am hitting it kinda half ass'd. I'm afraid to take a good hit, perhaps this weekend. but I am thinking this thing is not meant to be hit good, just good enough. and right now, that is plenty for how I am mostly vaping. sure wish I could get it to stop leaking.

I just kept the stock coil for later, one got dropped on the floor and came back up with a couple black lab hairs on it so I tossed that one. Where are you getting leaking from?

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I thought you said you started with the stock coil.

anyway. idk where it is leaking from. but it leaks while using it. for now I am using it after lunch at work till I get home. it leaves the top of the mod wet under the tank :cuss2:. right now, its off the mod in a type of stand, its not wet. so idk.

otherwise, I really like it.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I thought you said you started with the stock coil.

anyway. idk where it is leaking from. but it leaks while using it. for now I am using it after lunch at work till I get home. it leaves the top of the mod wet under the tank :cuss2:. right now, its off the mod in a type of stand, its not wet. so idk.

otherwise, I really like it.

I started with a stock coil but I’m used to using .4/5 coils in a single coil setup so I figured I’d try that to see if it helped. The leaking is weird, I had some very slight leakage around the afc but nothing too noticeable.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I may be on to something, concerning mine leaking. just 1 day now, but I am not "topping it off", and it isn't leaking.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I may be on to something, concerning mine leaking. just 1 day now, but I am not "topping it off", and it isn't leaking.

That’s awesome! I shelved mine for the time being.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yeah, I have to be carefull, it can be over hit. but what I do is just take 3 regular hits, then I'm good. all of my tanks are like this, cept for the vandy vape triple.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
update (like you really care, lol).

it kept on leaking.

I FINALLY rewicked it this morning. so far, not leaking a drop.

VU Sponsors