Become a Patron!

Wismec Luxotic Q's?

chuckcabbage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Tempted to buy this kit as a newbie to RDA / Squonking as it looks simple enough.

One question I cannot fins an answer to via YouTube videos, online manual, etc is... how do you change the VW / power that you are inputting? Is it automatically adjusted according to resistance read?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tempted to buy this kit as a newbie to RDA / Squonking as it looks simple enough.

One question I cannot fins an answer to via YouTube videos, online manual, etc is... how do you change the VW / power that you are inputting? Is it automatically adjusted according to resistance read?
Yea your watts it pulls is relative to the ohms. I believe it's like a mech just has a switch wired in it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

You can't change the wattage it outputs battery voltage and wattage is dependent on the coils that you choose.

It's like a mechanical with built in safety features similar to pico Squeeze.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

chuckcabbage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yea your watts it pulls is relative to the ohms. I believe it's like a mech just has a switch wired in it.

Great stuff. Thanks. It was the only question I couldn't find an answer to. Much appreciated.

chuckcabbage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Last Q on this. I have 4 mods, 3 with batteries one inbuilt. Planning on buying the Luxotic tomorrow. No USB on the kit so will a battery assigned to the Luxotic be ok to charge in a separate mod rather than buy a designated charger?

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Last Q on this. I have 4 mods, 3 with batteries one inbuilt. Planning on buying the Luxotic tomorrow. No USB on the kit so will a battery assigned to the Luxotic be ok to charge in a separate mod rather than buy a designated charger?
It's not recommended but I do it. What mod are you charging in?

chuckcabbage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's not recommended but I do it. What mod are you charging in?

I would be charging in either a Vaporesso Revenger, Wismec Gen 3 RX or Asmodus Colossall. I don't mind buying a charger but... money!

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I would be charging in either a Vaporesso Revenger, Wismec Gen 3 RX or Asmodus Colossall. I don't mind buying a charger but... money!
Temporarily charging them inside a mod is fine but if you get on with your luxotic I would highly recommend picking up a dedicated dual bay charger given how cheap they are now. Personally I would not compromise on safety for the sake of a few $

chuckcabbage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Temporarily charging them inside a mod is fine but if you get on with your luxotic I would highly recommend picking up a dedicated dual bay charger given how cheap they are now. Personally I would not compromise on safety for the sake of a few $

Good advice. Will pick up a charger with the kit too. Cheers.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mid is unregulated up to 80 watts.... it is protected with circuitry to only supply a max of 80 watts depending on ohm and battery voltage.... it may also be limited to minimum and maximum ohm to fire....

Recharging.... since most battery venting episodes occur when charging. .. it is advised by most manufacturers and user to use a stand alone charger.. the charge system is there to offer convenience. . Not as a primary charging method.

You need a charger to prevent a bad battery from ruining your mods... also to limit damage to the USB port if it double as a data update port.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors