Become a Patron!

Wismec Luxotic Surface Kit

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This kit was sent to me by http://www.wismec.com/. That will not effect my views on this kit.

ONTjFCp.png

nEjKQgY.png

Luxotic Surface Mod
Size: 78*43.5*25.5mm
Weight: 131.8g
Thread type: 510 spring loaded connector
E-liquid bottle capacity: 6.5ml
Cell type: high-rate 18650 cell (discharging current should be above 25A)
Output mode: VW/Bypass/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode
Output wattage: 1-80W
Resistance range: 0.05-3.5ohm
Output voltage range: 0.5-9V

Kestral Rta
Height: 36.7mm
Diameter: 24mm
Weight: 34.6g
E-liquid capacity: 2ml

Mod pros
Very Small Single Battery Squonk Mod - 18650
Nice .49 inch OLED screen
No rattle
Well machined
Easy to fill
Easy to replace bottle
Silicone bottle is food grade and just the right softness
Instantly fires

Tank pros
Very innovative tank
Mesh coils
Easy to replace to coil after a little practice
Side e-liquid filling or squonk filling

Mod Cons
Again it’s a proprietary bottle. Why Wismec?
Only 1 watt increments after 20 watts ( .5 watts would have been nice)

Tank cons
Tank heats up when chain vaping.
Requires a fair amount of wattage vto get decent flavour.

Some pics
RbtbeYg.png

kOKAAc8.png

Let’s break it down … in the kit I got a spare bottle, parts for the tank (extra coil and cotton, screwdrivers, etc). This was nice - I like that. Now looks are subjective. I got the basketball color. But I am fine with that. I like it. The mod is small - really small for a regulated. Even smaller for a squonk regulated. It feels good in the hand - buttons are clicky, does not rattle, easy to squonk. So I like the mod. I don’t like that I can only use their bottles although the bottles are good. The capacity is a little low - 6.5 mls, but I can live with it. Overall the mod is very good for a squonk.

Now the tank. I like it. It looks great. It fills nicely. The design is innovative. But it heats up when chain gaping and the flavour requires a fair bit of voltage to get it decent. I had to go up to 53 watts on the mesh coil to taste the juice properly. So it drinks liquid rapidly. It is a smooth vape but it is a bit noisy as well. I do like filling the reservoir and the fact it is near impossible to over squonk. So I haven’t totally made up my mind on the tank.

Summation
So would I buy this? Most definitely would buy the mod. The tank I’m not sure. I do like squonking RTAs but this one has a few flaws. Overall - I enjoyed using it. This kit is a good kit. For a regulated squonk it hits a lot of my requirements.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't paid any attention to Wismec lately. They still have the half-ass 510?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't paid any attention to Wismec lately. They still have the half-ass 510?
I have some of their newer stuff. They went with battlestar styled 510s where the threading is part of the whole mod. When i have a RDA cap stuck on, I'll put it on my gen 3 dual and pull it off. I have other things I can really yank on (like atty stands, or magnetos). But I've been using a Wismec recently for that purpose. I gave my Battlestar away a while back.

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 510 on the squonk is perfect. The response in this mod is very fast as well. I tried my B2K on it with zero issues. I like the mod.

VU Sponsors