Become a Patron!

Wismec Neutron

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
This is my first dripper so obviously I can not compare much but having said that I can not fault it.
No bottom airflow so no leaking, velocity style deck and top aiflow work great.
I started with a simple dual coil setup ss316l 9 wraps came out at .29, although my wicking needs much improvement I'm more than happy with my first attempt.

Ended up towards 53 joules 555°F. I will have to try to try some twisted coils on next as the flavour or clouds weren't as good as I expected.

Open to suggestions!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Congrats and welcome to VU -- seems a bit high temperature wise but if your comfortable with that then that is the right spot !
Trick for that is just practice!! Twisted coils should give you some better flavor, also as you get the chance try some clapton coils!

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
@Foggz I thought it was abit high. . . maybe its just the q-class as I max it out at 572° on my lemo 3 sometimes.

first thing I did was buy some claptons but they turned out to be kanthal wrapped in stainless :/

Need to find somewhere that sells ss316l claptons.

Introcourse

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
LightningVapes.com sells SS316L Clapton wire. I have bought many things from there, including other clapton wire, which worked great.

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Foggz I thought it was abit high. . . maybe its just the q-class as I max it out at 572° on my lemo 3 sometimes.
first thing I did was buy some claptons but they turned out to be kanthal wrapped in stainless :/
Need to find somewhere that sells ss316l claptons.

'buyer beware' gotta read the fine print eh!? :)

not sure how the q is .. i know it's supposed to be very good ..I have found that different TC mods can be finicky when it comes to SS tho.. if it's not set up just right the vape can be very weak.
I have also had to ramp up to get a good vape until the mod or tank was 'tuned' so to speak. Don't know if that is the case for you but something to keep in mind maybe.

Does that 500+ give you a HOT vape? I usually hit it around 425 ... on the warm side i guess.

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
@Foggz
Yeah I got duped by the title instead of reading the description.

I cant fault my yihi, the best mod I have by far.

I wouldn't describe it as hot.
I've currently got the tcr at .00092 and compensate at 70°

Would you ever use a different tcr value for ss, say claptons for example?

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't describe it as hot.
I've currently got the tcr at .00092 and compensate at 70°
Would you ever use a different tcr value for ss, say claptons for example?

Compensate at 70° ?? 70 degrees? sounds like it will shut down when the temp reaches 70? that can't be right.. maybe allow a 70 degree variance? that would be way too much .... what does that mean?

I have .. when the vape is really weak .. when I was first trying to figure out why.

Since then I usually just clean the 510 .. make sure the connections and resistance are tight/stable.

Some of the more knowledgeable people here have helped out .. for instance.. SS can vary greatly based on the alloy/composition (brand or manufacturer dependent) .. that can throw off the TC. Another issue common to TC / SS is that the chip may not read it as accurately.. (nothing against any particular brand here) only because the variance that SS effects is not as clear cut as something with a higher TCR .. say Nichrome/Titanium for instance. That can make it much harder for the chip to work correctly. Locking and unlocking the resistance / setting the resistance when you first place the tank on the mod (Key point here - I often forget ;p) while it is cold/room temp versus after you hit it and it is already hot. lots of little things..

I don't mean to make it sound 'over complicated', it's like anything.. takes a bit of practice is all! :cheers:

Foggz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just thinking.. most that I know get a very good vape at 425-475f with SS (with the exception of the issues I just posted) ...
I would think that something is off if you are running that hot and not getting good vapor. Flavor can be a different issue entirely..

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
Pretty sure on the settings that compensate is the temperature of the coil when the resistance is locked- so ideally you room temp.
As far as I can tell I have done everything as you have said.

Dont get me wrong when i use similar settings on my lemo 3 with the ecl ss316l coil in the vapour and flavour is unbelievable!
As you say practice makes perfect :)
Cheers

CoolBeans32

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ive tried ni200 and ss tc, not a fan of it personally, i was really hoping i would tho, at the end i just went back to n80 and kanthal wires and adjusting the ohms and wicking styles and im good.

if you are looking for good ss claptons, check out https://www.advancedvapesupply.com/
i wouldnt recommend buying their spool wires, i tried it and they come out all twisted and some are even smashed, made it really difficult to wrap. but their pre-built claptons are good and price are pretty good imo

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a Q class & can't find 316, only 304.
Compensation only goes to 32 at Lowest.
No, i didn't read the instructions.
Cannot download Sxi on my old Vista computer.
Still an awesome Mod..

marco67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your swift reply.
What i meant was on the Qclass mod. Only 304. I'm sure the mod can support 316, but can't download the drivers,,for any Yihi chip.
Plus I'm really week with computers..

PyroLuigi

Member For 4 Years
on coil selection select tcr manual, then in the tcr setting enter 0.00092. (SS316 Value)
Works for me!

CoolBeans32

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your swift reply.
What i meant was on the Qclass mod. Only 304. I'm sure the mod can support 316, but can't download the drivers,,for any Yihi chip.
Plus I'm really week with computers..

oh i see, i dont know how the qclass works but i also have a sxmini m class, maybe you should borrow someones computer for like 5 minutes and download the software. Or if you can set tcr manually, enter the 316 value for 0.00092, if it doesnt hit how you like, i know some people play with the numbers and go high or low a little around that number till you get the the value that fits you.

VU Sponsors