Become a Patron!

wismec presa tc75 problems

boogiebot

Member For 4 Years
Hi All,

New to this forum so sorry for the no intro.

Recently acquired a new mod, as the title states its a presa tc 75. To be honest I love this thing. Its small and has ample power to run my magnus tank with .5 coils. Not quite sure what is going on but I have gone through 2 of these units and both have been faulty. For whatever reason they just will not fire even though the battery is charged and the unit is on. Before I get flamed its worthy to note that the battery is installed. My first unit worked fine for about 1 week and then just died and my second unit died on the first day.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Boogiebot

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Moving this to correct area, Good luck Boogiebot & welcome to VU

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi All,

New to this forum so sorry for the no intro.

Recently acquired a new mod, as the title states its a presa tc 75. To be honest I love this thing. Its small and has ample power to run my magnus tank with .5 coils. Not quite sure what is going on but I have gone through 2 of these units and both have been faulty. For whatever reason they just will not fire even though the battery is charged and the unit is on. Before I get flamed its worthy to note that the battery is installed. My first unit worked fine for about 1 week and then just died and my second unit died on the first day.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

Boogiebot
Normal Chinese mass production QC issue, get it replaced from another batch if possible, until you get one that works, this is what the 3 months warranty is for.

boogiebot

Member For 4 Years
Thanks Whiskey for moving my post :)

vapomizer thanks for the heads up.

ok so a quick update. my local vape shop has replaced the mod for me free of charge. their suggestion is that I don't use the usb cable to charge the unit so I have purchased a 2 bay efest LUC charger and a spare 18650. Fully charged the batteries and have been vaping on it all day. Fingers crossed it all works out!

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks Whiskey for moving my post :)

vapomizer thanks for the heads up.

ok so a quick update. my local vape shop has replaced the mod for me free of charge. their suggestion is that I don't use the usb cable to charge the unit so I have purchased a 2 bay efest LUC charger and a spare 18650. Fully charged the batteries and have been vaping on it all day. Fingers crossed it all works out!
Good that they replaced it for you without much hassle, this is how it should be, i do not agree with their suggestion about charging it with an external charger, this is a one battery mod and should charge perfectly fine via USB, and could even be used in pass-through mode where you can vape on it while charging, if it fails when charging with USB then it is defective and must be replaced again and again until you get one does not go bad because of USB charging, anyways, if you are satisfied with using an external charger then cool, otherwise i would try charging it via USB within the first 3 months of warranty to make sure that it is a stable functional device before the warranty runs out on you, just test all its functions including USB charging.

boogiebot

Member For 4 Years
Good that they replaced it for you without much hassle, this is how it should be, i do not agree with their suggestion about charging it with an external charger, this is a one battery mod and should charge perfectly fine via USB, and could even be used in pass-through mode where you can vape on it while charging, if it fails when charging with USB then it is defective and must be replaced again and again until you get one does not go bad because of USB charging, anyways, if you are satisfied with using an external charger then cool, otherwise i would try charging it via USB within the first 3 months of warranty to make sure that it is a stable functional device before the warranty runs out on you, just test all its functions including USB charging.

Vapomizer I agree with you that it should work when charging with the USB as well as being used in bypass mode. I mean if its a feature that is available on the unit then yes it should work.

In your opinion if you were to use this in bypass mode in the car could there be any potential issues? For example lets say the car is not started and the mod is plugged into the usb cable via cigarette lighter, could the surcharge from the car starting cause the unit to fry??

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with the store. The USB connection on this mod (I love my Presa) is best used for firmware upgrades and emergency charging. If you're in a pinch, charging through the USB is perfectly fine, but using a separate charger is always the preferred option. If you do vape while it's charging I recommend using the most flexible cable you have. Stiff cables put stress on the connection anytime you move the mod around while it's connected.

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? It won't effect charging but it improved the display and adds temp control for stainless steel.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Vapomizer I agree with you that it should work when charging with the USB as well as being used in bypass mode. I mean if its a feature that is available on the unit then yes it should work.

In your opinion if you were to use this in bypass mode in the car could there be any potential issues? For example lets say the car is not started and the mod is plugged into the usb cable via cigarette lighter, could the surcharge from the car starting cause the unit to fry??
i have been using many mods in pass-through for a long time, charge in the car, in the office etc... and never had a mod fail on me because of that, as long as your charger does not exceed 5V standard USB output there should not be a problem, if the car lighter voltage surges it should damage the charger itself and not the mod.

boogiebot

Member For 4 Years
I agree with the store. The USB connection on this mod (I love my Presa) is best used for firmware upgrades and emergency charging. If you're in a pinch, charging through the USB is perfectly fine, but using a separate charger is always the preferred option. If you do vape while it's charging I recommend using the most flexible cable you have. Stiff cables put stress on the connection anytime you move the mod around while it's connected.

Have you upgraded to the latest firmware? It won't effect charging but it improved the display and adds temp control for stainless steel.

the very first unit i did the hardware upgrade but since my coils are not TC and I had those issues I have been hesitant to do another update.

i have been using many mods in pass-through for a long time, charge in the car, in the office etc... and never had a mod fail on me because of that, as long as your charger does not exceed 5V standard USB output there should not be a problem, if the car lighter voltage surges it should damage the charger itself and not the mod.

not really sure what the voltage is on this cig charger. it is a griffin single usb charger that was bought from an apple store

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

There is one thing I would like to add to that is while it should be OK to charge via USB port, I only use a .5amp charger because when I used my 1amp charger the mod gets too warm for my liking. Most phone chargers are 1amp or higher aren't they? Cheers.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There is one thing I would like to add to that is while it should be OK to charge via USB port, I only use a .5amp charger because when I used my 1amp charger the mod gets too warm for my liking. Most phone chargers are 1amp or higher aren't they? Cheers.
Yes most modern phone/tablet chargers come in 1A, 1.25A, 1.5A and 2A i used all of these Amp ratings to charge my mods without a problem, nothing excessively hot, because the charging circuit in the mod or any electronic device can decide the max Amps it will draw from a charger, the charger itself does not decide this.

My car USB charger is even 2.4A and i use it to charge my mods in the car and use it in pass-through also without a problem.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes most modern phone/tablet chargers come in 1A, 1.25A, 1.5A and 2A i used all of these Amp ratings to charge my mods without a problem, nothing excessively hot, because the charging circuit in the mod or any electronic device can decide the max Amps it will draw from a charger, the charger itself does not decide this.

My car USB charger is even 2.4A and i use it to charge my mods in the car and use it in pass-through also without a problem.
That may be but the few times I have charged it via USB (with a wall adapter) it got too warm for my liking. If I plug it in to my computer, USB 2.0 it doesn't warm up at all. Additional info: A device may draw a maximum of 5 unit loads (500 mA) from a port in USB 2.0; 6 (900 mA) in USB 3.0.

VU Sponsors