Become a Patron!

Wismec Reauleaux RX Gen 3 w/ Gnome tank! Thoughts?

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Does anybody here have one of these kits? If so, what do you think of the setup? I'm looking to pick one of these kits up and want to get advice from others regarding whether the kit is worth buying.

Thanks!

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be an interesting mod to get more info about. Would be great if Wismec finally used a decent 510 but I will believe it when I see it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That would be an interesting mod to get more info about. Would be great if Wismec finally used a decent 510 but I will believe it when I see it.

I might have heard on a first-look YouTube video that the 510 is solid on it. I have an RX2/3 and the 510 has never given me any problems, but I know that others have cited 510 issues.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I might have heard on a first-look YouTube video that the 510 is solid on it. I have an RX2/3 and the 510 has never given me any problems, but I know that others have cited 510 issues.
Usually the 510 issues show up when using in TC mode. You need a stable connection for TC to work properly. I still use my wismec mods in power mode, generally not a huge problem. I am always nervous using my Predator though, only use cheap tanks in case the 510 ever decides to fall off.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Usually the 510 issues show up when using in TC mode. You need a stable connection for TC to work properly. I still use my wismec mods in power mode, generally not a huge problem. I am always nervous using my Predator though, only use cheap tanks in case the 510 ever decides to fall off.

I've never used TC mode. Maybe one day I'll play around with my Vapor Shark DNA 250 and try it out.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never used TC mode. Maybe one day I'll play around with my Vapor Shark DNA 250 and try it out.
Oh nice, I definitely would try it on the vapor shark.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think the wismec 510 issues people are referring to isn't to do with the connection for tc, rather the fact they like to fall the fuck out of the mod. Maybe this one's different. Hopefully no more meltdown issues like the cagey exo mod/tank they had as well.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Without a doubt the 510 is built in the housing just like the battlestar. How good its connection to the board now, that's another question altogether. It's definitely not gonna fall out though.

I watched a review a couple of days ago - The Vaping Postman - and I'm pretty sure he said the mod gets pretty hot at 80 watts and above. Now, whether it's internal heat from shoddy wiring or from the tank, I don't know...just that it gets hot.

The little tank is decent. It's got a silicone washer in the top you can take out and it'll hold close to 4ml of juice. Fair flavor he said.

Here's a link to the video if you want to take a look.

That's all I know about it.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I think the wismec 510 issues people are referring to isn't to do with the connection for tc, rather the fact they like to fall the fuck out of the mod. Maybe this one's different. Hopefully no more meltdown issues like the cagey exo mod/tank they had as well.
I think those 510 issues are essentially easier to fix than a flat tyre. In addition, there are a lot of mods out there that aren't Wismec that have 510 issues you cannot easily fix so whatever you do don't wake the anti Wismec police again because believe me when I say they WILL fuck you up, and also believe me when I say they are highly experienced at fucking you up GOOD.

How to fix it on the Predator 228:

How to fix it on the RX2/3:
Code:
https://youtu.be/hgERfhj_UHI?t=1916

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really like the looks of it, other than the massive wismec billboard down the side. As much as I want one, I'm very hesitant to pick one up. Although they have supposedly fixed the 510, the mod still gets really warm, like my original RX. That means they are using the same type of wiring and considering the 3 is smaller, it's probably all just crammed in there. Don't know if that would actually be a problem..

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I really like the looks of it, other than the massive wismec billboard down the side. As much as I want one, I'm very hesitant to pick one up. Although they have supposedly fixed the 510, the mod still gets really warm, like my original RX. That means they are using the same type of wiring and considering the 3 is smaller, it's probably all just crammed in there. Don't know if that would actually be a problem..

I never used to like that shape starting with the 2/3 but I'm warming up to it and the screen is really nice. But yeah, it does have that giant billboard down each side. If your OCD is strong, there is a venting gap where the battery door joins the body and you can see a small strip of your batteries through it that might drive you nuts.

I don't vape over 50 watts so the heat wouldn't be a problem for me but wismec's track record over the last year or so makes me shy away from it.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I never used to like that shape starting with the 2/3 but I'm warming up to it and the screen is really nice. But yeah, it does have that giant billboard down each side. If your OCD is strong, there is a venting gap where the battery door joins the body and you can see a small strip of your batteries through it that might drive you nuts.

I don't vape over 50 watts so the heat wouldn't be a problem for me but wismec's track record over the last year or so makes me shy away from it.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I'm not too OCD about the "billboard" nor a venting gap. I think the kit looks great as-is.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's not normal around these parts of the interweb... :)
I care about the looks same as anybody. However, for me, one size does not necessarily fit all. I like each vape for their own unique qualities. :)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Stay the fuck away from Wismec folks. Seriously, they've claimed to have fixed their quality issues for the past 5 mods at least, and each time they release a new mod, it's the same old story all over again. How many times do you believe a liar? Fool me once...

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Stay the fuck away from Wismec folks. Seriously, they've claimed to have fixed their quality issues for the past 5 mods at least, and each time they release a new mod, it's the same old story all over again. How many times do you believe a liar? Fool me once...
I'll keep that in mind. I certainly would hate to have a new, not-so-inexpensive mod die on me. I've had various mods stop working before and it's never fun dealing with the aftermath.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll keep that in mind. I certainly would hate to have a new, not-so-inexpensive mod die on me. I've had various mods stop working before and it's never fun dealing with the aftermath.

Cheap or not, Wismec doesn't deserve your money. There are plenty of similarly-priced alternatives out there that are more worthy of your hard-earned cash.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cheap or not, Wismec doesn't deserve your money. There are plenty of similarly-priced alternatives out there that are more worthy of your hard-earned cash.

What alternatives would you recommend? I'm only looking for a 3+ battery setup (if not for power then for how long each charge lasts) aside from the GX2/4 kit (which I already have).

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Somebody on another forum recommended the Zenith. I've heard nothing but good things about it, I'll check it out. Still, if anybody has any recommendations for other 3+ battery mods/kits, please share! Thanks!!

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
What does everybody think of the Ijoy Maxo Quad 18650 315W Box Mod? Well-made? Works well? It's only $50.00 on Eightvape.com and I'm considering it compared to the Zenith.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Apparently the chips in MAXO mods are not too good. How big of an atty can I fit on the Zenith?

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
qualities
main-qimg-e5b56751efb22aac2091e61dd1b0955f

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Either you or I misunderstood. I was speaking only of looks (meaning the looks of the venting gap -- not the performance of it or lack thereof).
As you can now see for yourself. You just lit the tent on fire by mentioning the word qualities in a Wismec thread. lol :p

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So here's why I recommend that you keep using your RX2/3 instead of going for a new mod right now.
  1. It takes virtually no time or effort or skills to replace the 510 with another one you KNOW will be more reliable than that found in the vast majority of other triple battery mods in this particular price range.
  2. The mod can support ArcticFox firmware, which means you can define your own custom power curve to be used for preheat in VW mode. To find a true equivalent of this feature─including how easy and practical it really is to set up and use─is to buy an expensive triple battery DNA mod.
Everything else has been thoroughly explained in the video review that I linked in my first reply. Haters gonna hate, and, Wismec haters gonna hate Wismec... plain and exceptionally very simple.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So here's why I recommend that you keep using your RX2/3 instead of going for a new mod right now.
  1. It takes virtually no time or effort or skills to replace the 510 with another one you KNOW will be more reliable than that found in the vast majority of other triple battery mods in this particular price range.
  2. The mod can support ArcticFox firmware, which means you can define your own custom power curve to be used for preheat in VW mode. To find a true equivalent of this feature─including how easy and practical it really is to set up and use─is to buy an expensive triple battery DNA mod.
Everything else has been thoroughly explained in the video review that I linked in my first reply. Haters gonna hate, and, Wismec haters gonna hate Wismec... plain and exceptionally very simple.
Thank you for your help! I'll stick with my RX2/3. :cheers:

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Does anybody here have one of these kits? If so, what do you think of the setup? I'm looking to pick one of these kits up and want to get advice from others regarding whether the kit is worth buying.

Thanks!
FWIW i'm being sent one to review. we'll see if it can past my testing

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I whole heartedly agree, they are shit company. However, my first generation RX is still going strong and the new one is smaller.

It's small and new! It's like the old big one but this is new and small!! Ahhhhh!! Take my money!!

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What alternatives would you recommend? I'm only looking for a 3+ battery setup (if not for power then for how long each charge lasts) aside from the GX2/4 kit (which I already have).
Think Vape Finder DNA 250, triple 18650, top notch TC, awesome in watts, amazing feel and build quality, always get compliments about what a nice looking mod it is. That and my lipo Lavabox DNA 200 are the only 2 mods I have used in the past 6 months. I have 6 Hohm Wreckers, 2 Hohm slices, and countless P4U, Sigelei, Ijoy, and Wismec mods just wasting away. Only 2 mods I would buy today is a VT 250 or a G class. Buy a good mod for $100 or so that will work amazing and last or buy the flavor of the month mod for $50 that will work "ok" for now.

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Think Vape Finder DNA 250, triple 18650, top notch TC, awesome in watts, amazing feel and build quality, always get compliments about what a nice looking mod it is. That and my lipo Lavabox DNA 200 are the only 2 mods I have used in the past 6 months. I have 6 Hohm Wreckers, 2 Hohm slices, and countless P4U, Sigelei, Ijoy, and Wismec mods just wasting away. Only 2 mods I would buy today is a VT 250 or a G class. Buy a good mod for $100 or so that will work amazing and last or buy the flavor of the month mod for $50 that will work "ok" for now.
Thanks for the recommendation! The "Full Black" version looks sick. I can't find it for less than $130, however. I'll keep looking.

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Somebody on another forum recommended the Zenith. I've heard nothing but good things about it, I'll check it out. Still, if anybody has any recommendations for other 3+ battery mods/kits, please share! Thanks!!

I've been using a zenith for a few months as my daily mod at work. ZERO problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After you replace the 510 with a Fat Daddy 510 and you replace the thin wiring with some thicker wire, the RX2/3 typically lasts longer than a DNA 250. So, because you can buy not just one, but two mods for those $100 that you mention. That's why I own both an RX2/3 and an RX300, and, for me, personally, the only thing "top notch" about TC is the fact you can switch out of it fast. What exactly does "awesome in watts" mean? Will it iron my shirt? lol :p

RX300 hand.jpg

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
After you replace the 510 with a Fat Daddy 510 and you replace the thin wiring with some thicker wire, the RX2/3 typically lasts longer than a DNA 250. So, because you can buy not just one, but two mods for those $100 that you mention. That's why I own both an RX2/3 and an RX300, and, for me, personally, the only thing "top notch" about TC is the fact you can switch out of it fast. What exactly does "awesome in watts" mean? Will it iron my shirt? lol :p

View attachment 88430
Im with ya, if I had either of your mods I would definitely not like TC because hey, neither of them can do it. I like mods that I can take out of the box they came in, use in wattage mode, then without worry of damaging my mod unscrew my dripper and screw on my Limitless & use in temp mode, then once again and without worry of damaging my mod unscrew my limitless and screw my dripper back on to try the new juice I got, & then once again without worry of damaging my mod unscrew my dripper and screw my limitless back on, & then, after all that the three thoughts I never had was
1 "I wonder if I can get a fat daddy kit for my mod that does everything its supposed to do perfectly fine out of the box."
2 "I wonder why my mod is so hot"
3 "I wonder if some 3rd party has released some software that will make my mod work"
But im with ya, when I was a dumb ass, know it all vaper who thought I needed big Kanthal coils with big watts to get a good vape I hated TC because the $60 mods I was using sucked at it but once I tried some nice SS fused claptons on a mod that actually did TC well, that was the end of me buying shitty flavor of the month mods.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 88430

Which DNA250? How long do they typically last?

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Im with ya, if I had either of your mods I would definitely not like TC because hey, neither of them can do it. I like mods that I can take out of the box they came in, use in wattage mode, then without worry of damaging my mod unscrew my dripper and screw on my Limitless & use in temp mode, then once again and without worry of damaging my mod unscrew my limitless and screw my dripper back on to try the new juice I got, & then once again without worry of damaging my mod unscrew my dripper and screw my limitless back on, & then, after all that the three thoughts I never had was
1 "I wonder if I can get a fat daddy kit for my mod that does everything its supposed to do perfectly fine out of the box."
3 "I wonder if some 3rd party has released some software that will make my mod work"
But im with ya, when I was a dumb ass, know it all vaper who thought I needed big Kanthal coils with big watts to get a good vape I hated TC because the $60 mods I was using sucked at it but once I tried some nice SS fused claptons on a mod that actually did TC well, that was the end of me buying shitty flavor of the month mods.
You know, some people will always believe Wismec is good shit. Just like some people will always believe the earth is flat.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only reason why I don't use TC is because IMO it just sucks on any and all mods. I don't use big Kanthal coils. In fact my very first own coil build was a pair of staple staggered fused claptons at .11 ohms using the exact same wire types and thicknesses that Squidoode himself used in his famous build video. Second build was a single coil alien at .5 ohms, 38g Ni80 wrap wire around 28g Ni80 cores. Reason I'm telling you all this is, of all the people I know who are as serious about coil building as this, NOBODY uses TC. But rather, we all unanimously agree one of the best features on a Wismec is it tends to kick you out of TC. :D

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The only reason why I don't use TC is because IMO it just sucks on any and all mods. I don't use big Kanthal coils. In fact my very first own coil build was a pair of staple staggered fused claptons at .11 ohms using the exact same wire types and thicknesses that Squidoode himself used in his famous build video. Second build was a single coil alien at .5 ohms, 38g Ni80 wrap wire around 28g Ni80 cores. Reason I'm telling you all this is, of all the people I know who are as serious about coil building as this, NOBODY uses TC. But rather, we all unanimously agree one of the best features on a Wismec is it tends to kick you out of TC. :D
First of all, I think you give yourself a little too much credit, when talking about some of the builders that set the coil building bar for years, there is no we, theres them and then theres you, you arent in there league, but if you must compare yourself to someone in the industry maybe it should be Rip Trippers, not squiddoode, Rip likes Wismecs too and can build a mean sleeper coil. Secondly, they arent using Wismecs either, they are using mechs and drippers, lastly I have sold more coils in the past year then you have made in your life and believe it or not im not hatin on you, people like you are the ones who buy the most coils from me so I got nothin but love for ya. Team Wismec im climbin aboard

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Which DNA250? How long do they typically last?
None of them last as long as many think. You want a mod that will last? Then get yourself a mech. One of the good things about living in a country where distance selling is banned is you get to meet a lot of vapers who all bring their setups with them when they visit the local B&M store, and it doesn't take very long before you know which one of the local vape shops is attracting the most serious vaping enthusiasts, and why. I meet with all these people several times per week, and I spend a lot of my spare time there learning what is what. So a lot of stuff I know about vaping comes from objectively comparing multiple different sources of information... also including first hand experience because many people lend me their setups. As well as personal testimony from those who look you straight in the eye whilst having an interesting conversation instead of are hiding behind their plastic faces on the interweb. So my brain comes at it from different directions. :)

Nobody is telling you to buy a Wismec. I haven't replaced the 510 on either one of my two Wismecs. That's just because they haven't failed on me. They don't get hot, either. Just a tad warm if I chain vape on them. But I also own two PWM mods and ten mechs. So I have no trouble putting a setup down to let it cool off when needed. ArcticFox will display the temperature of the mod in the bottom right corner of the main screen anyway so... I know exactly what I am talking about. The RDA is what gets hot. The mod does not. Finally, I don't have to wonder if there's a third party firmware. That's simply because, well... there actually is one! :p

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
First of all, I think you give yourself a little too much credit, when talking about some of the builders that set the coil building bar for years, there is no we, theres them and then theres you, you arent in there league, but if you must compare yourself to someone in the industry maybe it should be Rip Trippers, not squiddoode, Rip likes Wismecs too and can build a mean sleeper coil. Secondly, they arent using Wismecs either, they are using mechs and drippers, lastly I have sold more coils in the past year then you have made in your life and believe it or not im not hatin on you, people like you are the ones who buy the most coils from me so I got nothin but love for ya. Team Wismec im climbin aboard
I don't think I give myself any credit at all. Instead, I'm merely pointing out that the dumb ass know it all vaper is you, not me. I don't buy coils from people like you. That's just because I can build them myself. Not crediting myself for that. Just telling you that's how it is. And BTW all of my atomizers are RDAs. And I own ten mech mods. So I think you're giving yourself a little too much credit.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think I give myself any credit at all. Instead, I'm merely pointing out that the dumb ass know it all vaper is you, not me. I don't buy coils from people like you. That's just because I can build them myself. Not crediting myself for that. Just telling you that's how it is. And BTW all of my atomizers are RDAs. And I own ten mech mods. So I think you're giving yourself a little too much credit.
Im with ya, fuck those $100 mods that work in both TC and power mode, they suck, worst part is that you usually retire them way before they malfunction just because you want to try something with the same chip and different form factor, thats bullshit, EVOLV and Yihi need to start building overpriced shit that malfunctions prematurely before they get my business back. Gonna order a RX300 and Predator tonight so I can get back into the mainstream, maybe il get 2 Aliens and a Kaos, those 5 should get me to black friday when I can order them all again.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Im with ya, fuck those $100 mods that work in both TC and power mode, they suck, worst part is that you usually retire them way before they malfunction just because you want to try something with the same chip and different form factor, thats bullshit, EVOLV and Yihi need to start building overpriced shit that malfunctions prematurely before they get my business back. Gonna order a RX300 and Predator tonight so I can get back into the mainstream, maybe il get 2 Aliens and a Kaos, those 5 should get me to black friday when I can order them all again.
No, you're not with me because I never said those $100 mods suck. Nor did I say the RX300 or Predator 228 is for everyone, and in fact I paid ~$100 for my RX300 because that's what prices are like in the country I'm from. My most recent mod purchase was a Purge Mods Karma brass. The complete setup including the Purge RDA with Maelstrom cap and Half Moon Mods acrylic drip tip was 709.95 Euros. So my Purge Mods Maelstrom brass with the Purge RDA and Maelstrom cap as well as the three Purge Assassin extensions that I'm using with my Maelstrom was the equivalent of ~$1k. None of my mech mods work in TC mode, though. LOL

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No, you're not with me because I never said those $100 mods suck. Nor did I say the RX300 or Predator 228 is for everyone, and in fact I paid ~$100 for my RX300 because that's what prices are like in the country I'm from. My most recent mod purchase was a Purge Mods Karma brass. The complete setup including the Purge RDA with Maelstrom cap and Half Moon Mods acrylic drip tip was 709.95 Euros. So my Purge Mods Maelstrom brass with the Purge RDA and Maelstrom cap as well as the three Purge Assassin extensions that I'm using with my Maelstrom was the equivalent of ~$1k. None of my mech mods work in TC mode, though. LOL
OMG, you really do know your shit, wow, that is a lot of words. Like I said, im with ya brother, keep on keepin on as us ignorant redneck americans say. And dont be modest, we both know that the RX300s and the Predators are the best regulated mods going, probably ever, me and you are on the same page, like peanut butter and parsley. Seriously tho, anybody can do like EVOLV or Yihi does and put out shit that works, wheres the fun in that, us smart vapers like to buy shit new thats broke that we need to rewire and reprogram with a 3rd partys program to get it to work decently, that sir is what makes us the smart ones.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
OMG, you really do know your shit, wow, that is a lot of words. Like I said, im with ya brother, keep on keepin on as us ignorant redneck americans say. And dont be modest, we both know that the RX300s and the Predators are the best regulated mods going, probably ever, me and you are on the same page, like peanut butter and parsley. Seriously tho, anybody can do like EVOLV or Yihi does and put out shit that works, wheres the fun in that, us smart vapers like to buy shit new thats broke that we need to rewire and reprogram with a 3rd partys program to get it to work decently, that sir is what makes us the smart ones.
Shit that works. Shit that works... Has it ever crossed that closed little mind of yours that both my RX2/3 and my RX300 factually do work, and that they work well? That you're acting like a nagging, boorish child about something that's actually piss easy to fix like shown in the videos I linked? And that, no, Yihi doesn't work because the custom power curve in ArcticFox correctly uses percentage values to define the curve? On a Boxer mod in wattage mode you can't even change the wattage without also having to waste all your time and effort to re-adjust each and every single one of the wattage values that define the power curve. So the preheat feature of the Yihi is broken, but the real dealbreaker is not the fact that it's broken... Rather, it's the fact there's no easy way to get it fixed. Is that smart enough for you? ;)

iVape524

Member For 4 Years
IMG_0166.JPG Just picked up my gen 3 from a local brick and mortar for 77 after tax and with batteries. Not a bad deal IMO. I got the brown version. The tank seems ok and the guy at the shop pulled out the TPD complient rubber piece for me. Initial impressions are pretty positive. I like the smaller form factor and the tank is nice to have. Fits the tfv8 without overhang

VU Sponsors