Become a Patron!

Wismec Reuleaux RX200

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Wismec Reuleaux RX200 is reading the wrong voltages for the 18650 batteries. I put them in fresh off the Nitecore D4 reading 4.20 Volts (which is really 4.16 Volts) and they read 3.77, 4.50, 4.16 Volts. Unfortunately it's outside of the warranty period. Any ideas on what went wrong and if it can be fixed?

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I am assuming you tried different sets of batteries?

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yep... also the batteries measure out correctly with a Digital Volt Meter... RX200 is jacked.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I even tried installing multiple versions of firmware... no joy.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've also taken it apart and there isn't anything obvious... But to really start getting into it I would need a schematic with board layout and test points to check.

Skullzz

Blonde disaster
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
oh dang....well, RIP Wismec rx200. That's not good news since I ordered one and it's on the way lol.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, this one lasted since November... :( It just up and took a dump. I guess that's why they only offer a 90 day warranty.

Moueix

Shenanigannery Jedi. Welcome New Refugee's!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, this one lasted since November... :( It just up and took a dump. I guess that's why they only offer a 90 day warranty.
Prolly looks JUST like the one you are about to order from Gear Best, that amazingly will have EXACTLY that problem, and need to be returned. I've got no love for Gear Best. I try to live ethically, but I'm NOT above getting a lil redress for prior slights..

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
* Edit: try tighten the 4 screws behind the batteries* But if you've taken it apart youve probably already messed with those screws and they're tight...

Don't have that issue with mine but I kind of remember hearing about getting to a small screw holding the cradle tight behind the batteries. Something about it reading the voltage incorrectly, and that is the fix.

It shouldn't run if there is more than a few tenths of a volt difference between cells so that's odd because it shouldn't even fire.

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Freshly charged cells read 3.77, 4.51, 4.16. I completely disassembled and reassembled. Reinstalled various versions of firmware. It also drains one cell more than the other two.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Prolly looks JUST like the one you are about to order from Gear Best, that amazingly will have EXACTLY that problem, and need to be returned. I've got no love for Gear Best. I try to live ethically, but I'm NOT above getting a lil redress for prior slights..
I did not order this from Gear Best and I personally refuse to do business with them. Wismec warranty is 90 days and I've been attempting to talk to them but I can't seem to put things in a way they can understand or translate well.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still discussing matters and sending pics and videos with Wismec. I hate the time difference! I will let everyone know how it turns out.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well... no joy (pun intended). After 90 days and they won't sell the board seperately. Now I just have to decide if I want to buy another one for around $40 or just buy a DNA200 board for around $70.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sucks. If it were me I'd spend my money on something I didn't just get burned on. And you are stepping up your game with the DNA for a few bucks more & I would guess a little time modding the case. :luck:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm leaning heavily toward just buying a DNA200 board and installing it. It should be relatively easy since they also have a version that uses it and other than color and battery cradle look the same. Battery cradle is different to prevent putting cells in with polarity reversed. I would just have to pay close attention to what I'm doing to not do that.

VU Sponsors