Become a Patron!

Wismec Reuleaux RX200S new Firmware V4.10

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I was wondering why they haven't made the RX200S a 250W mod to begin with.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wonder if this update will resolve the "Device too hot" errors that I get. Hopefully with the boost to 250W, the device will not be so sensitive and trigger that error until upper threshold is reached.

I have not exceeded 60W when getting the error. Could just be a design flaw, but hopefully its software and resolved... will see!

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy to report that the latest update makes the RX 200S a great mod!

Sent from a random device, most likely a LG V10

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So how does the Wismec upgrade work? Do you shut off the mod? Do you download zip and then what?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
So how does the Wismec upgrade work? Do you shut off the mod? Do you download zip and then what?
Works great.
Same as with the upgrade for the RX200. Therefore, you should be able to find a video on the tube. I think, I even saw one for the RX200S yesterday. You download the package, depending on your computers OS (Windows or Mac). In Windows, you download a zip file, that contains the upgrade program (file extension exe), and the Firmware file(s) (bin). Hook up your mod to your computer, start the upgrade program, click the Update button, select the according bin file, click Open, and the upgrade starts automatically (takes just a few seconds). Once the upgrade is finished, it'll show the new version number.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Steps are really simple. I've only done it on my Mac, but you download the updater, unzip and point to the update file. There are great instructions in the download area. Follow those and you should be good to go. But, you do need to have batteries in the Mod and powered on to answer your question.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Wish they didn't do that
Agreed! I usually check the settings on all my upgradable mods after an upgrade. However, if you don't know about this "feature", you can have some bad vape experience. From :blech: to :gaah:.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After the update my RX200S or should I say RX250S did not default to 250W and I had to take the Atty off to crank it up that high to see it say 250 Watts.

Infinite1

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually update mods without an Atty attached ( old school principle I guess)... But yeah, defaults are loaded after update.

SuperflyTNT

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
did the last update to 4.12. Does anyone have a link for the menu instructions?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Any improvement in the RX200S with 4.12? Or not able to use it?

VU Sponsors