Become a Patron!

Wismec Rx300 thoughts? anyone get one yet?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
amps and volts yes. all mods have a cut off. most don't publish them. for instance the DNA250 board (I'll use as an example since it's published) has an output limit of 55 amps. so at a .05 build your limited to 2.75 volts and 151.25 watts. It also has an output limit of 9.3 volts so lets say you build higher like a .8 resistance build, you are limited to that 9.3 volts so about 108 watts will cut off. Hence why i use the term "sweet spot"

what you are saying is correct for mechs though but mechs have to be balanced differently. for instance in my unregulated series box mod with fully charged batteries rated at 30 amps my limit is .28 as the lowest. so to be safe I'll say i build at .3 which would be 235 watts at 8.4 volts and 28 amps. but i have to have a lot of surface area for the 235 watts or my coil will just pop so it's even harder to balance and find a sweet spot in it. I'm gonna use my unregulated series box mod in my next video. I built my atty at .48 so it's putting out 147 watts at a full charge and 17.5 amps. it's a nice smooth vape but not an instant cloud chucker. you have to build to what you want. I'm not big on chucking clouds, i just like a smooth vape with great flavor
Ohms law is not specific to regulated vs Mech mods I understand your point but the limitation is Amperage always has been ramp up time is directly related to amperage generically the "push power" of current through an electrical circuit.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ohms law is not specific to regulated vs Mech mods I understand your point but the limitation is Amperage always has been ramp up time is directly related to amperage generically the "push power" of current through an electrical circuit.
correct. you need enough amps to heat up the wire. the electrical current (measured in amps) is what makes the wire get hot. same concept as an old school light bulb. but with a regulated mod you can adjust the current by adjusting the wattage therefore eliminated ramp up time as long as it is within your mods limits, but with a mech you can't adjust it so your build has to have a resistance safe for your batteries as well as the proper surface area for the current being pushed through it.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So far 2x 18650's seems to do me well even for home use. If it gets to the point I need a 5gal jug with 4-8 18650's and shit I just want one with a 25ft extension cord I can plug in to 110v at the wall and fuck the batteries. Maybe a dedicated vape outlet with it's own 40a breaker.

It seems almost backwards, people settle for smaller devices due to obvious reasons for portability but then are stuck with frequent charging or battery swaps. They also often go with smaller tanks. Now they have a small easy to carry device along with a snack pack full of extra juice, extra batteries etc.

At home people prefer high battery count mods because of battery life. Because grabbing a couple batteries off the charger in the other room must be a larger inconvenience than a bulge of batteries in the pocket or having to run back to the car when out and about. Or larger tanks so they don't have to refill as often, same thing. Juice right there, filling at home or swapping batteries isn't near as inconvenient when it's all right there within arm's reach lol.

People are content to just grab a glass of water at home because if they run out there's more water right there in the kitchen. Refilling isn't an issue. I've yet to see anyone sit down at home with a 5gal water can off the back of their jeep because it's 'convenient' and they don't have to fill their glass as often. To each their own but just seems odd, maybe it's just me. :p

That is a great idea a 25ft extension cord mod "The 25 Homy" I like that idea the best

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Lol, plug it into 220v and be singing "I got da powah!"
I've seen people do it through a car battery before since even a small group 24 car battery is capable of 700CCA (cold cranking amps) and will put out around 14 volts when fully charged. this guy build a device to do 1000 watts (according to his description) and the vapor production isn't even great lol

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've seen people do it through a car battery before since even a small group 24 car battery is capable of 700CCA (cold cranking amps) and will put out around 14 volts when fully charged. this guy build a device to do 1000 watts (according to his description) and the vapor production isn't even great lol
haha this is one of my favorites see I want to eventually buld my house as a constant vape every room is a complete fog makes me laugh at first its like ohh not much then its like ohh well then its like Ohhh fuck!!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
haha this is one of my favorites see I want to eventually buld my house as a constant vape every room is a complete fog makes me laugh at first its like ohh not much then its like ohh well then its like Ohhh fuck!!
lol why would anyone do such a thing. looked like he was gonna die

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
its the best armchair cloud blower i have in fact that is all its good for in watt mode :)
good review i doubt most care about the detail though
lol i know many won't but some do, so i do it anyway. plus it gives me an unbiased look at the performance. looks and stuff is subjective, but numbers are hard data.

VU Sponsors