Become a Patron!

Wismec Thereom

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What us the general consensus on the Wismec Thereom? I am looking into getting one locally on a trade...just not sure if it's any good or not?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not bad, I like using vertical dual coils in it. I'm not impressed with the notch coil but she does alright with dual vertical fused claptons.

The drip tip sucks with it but I re-purposed it to my Kayfun and like it there
Glass you need to be careful with for it's fragile

I do pop mine out every now and again and use it. To put a value on it, new I wouldn't pay over $20 for it

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Depends what you give up. Most people though it was just OK. Not as good as the avacado you have

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A very meh experience with the Theorem. The airflow is a PITA to adjust to where you want it and you can't change it on the fly. Flavor was just okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I give it less than "meh"
Not impressed in any way what so ever.
Air flow adjustment is a joke at best (as mentioned)
Drip tip sucks (as mentioned)
Wicks horribly
NOT one you can carry in pocket or it will leak
Flavor is weak
Filling can be a pain unless you have a long tip bottle or needle.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the info guys..I am passing on it. I am gonna buy a new tank....but my go to has been a baby beast lately and it's tough to beat.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my Thereom. I have never had a problem with it wicking. Wicks like a dream as long as you don't over stuff it. I was rocking a single clapton in it and the flavor was amazing. Just don't lay it on its side and it will treat you right.

As mentioned be careful with the glass. I have broken a few trying to change my build up.

Also as mentioned before, the airflow is tricky. What I did was hold it at the very bottom of the ring with the very tip of your forefinger and thumb while you screw the cap back on.

I will be curious to hear your thoughts on it when you get it.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Looks like an alpha version not a finished product to me, the afc system is a joke imo

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah it's top air flow, I really don't like top air.

As I mentioned it's not bad if you put duel vertical coils in it. I do break it out every now and again, but there are better ones out there.

pizzadave80

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched some videos on it...way too many complicated parts that I don't like...I don't like how the glass is secured

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watched some videos on it...way too many complicated parts that I don't like...I don't like how the glass is secured

As complicated as it may look, it really isn't. Honestly, it's one of the simplest tanks I've ever built. It really is a great tank.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
As complicated as it may look, it really isn't. Honestly, it's one of the simplest tanks I've ever built. It really is a great tank.

Out of curiosity what's your typical build in it and what wattage and what tanks have u used comparatively?

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Out of curiosity what's your typical build in it and what wattage and what tanks have u used comparatively?

Last build in the Thereom was a .5 clapton.

I have the Griffin 22mm, the Glacier v3, Conbo RDTA, Ijoy Tornado Nano, and Greekvape Alleria. All great tanks. I do alot of research before I buy any gear. I don't have alot of spare money, so I make sure that anything I buy is something that I'll not only use, but truly enjoy.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Last build in the Thereom was a .5 clapton.

I have the Griffin 22mm, the Glacier v3, Conbo RDTA, Ijoy Tornado Nano, and Greekvape Alleria. All great tanks. I do alot of research before I buy any gear. I don't have alot of spare money, so I make sure that anything I buy is something that I'll not only use, but truly enjoy.

Thanks for the info. So .5 clapton at 30-40 watts?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Yes, exactly. I valued it at 30-40 watts, great flavour and good vapor production too. And my batteries lasted a good while too.

Cool thanks for the info

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anytime :) I'll be curious to know how you like it.

I'm not interested in one personally. Was just curious as to what it would take to get flavor out of it. I'm not huge on single coils but I have a few set ups that kick ass at 50 watts or less in a single coil. Mainly the alpha one. Seems like u like 22mm attys. I'm more into 24 or bigger to get what I like but to each their own. Glad u found a set up that works for u

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not interested in one personally. Was just curious as to what it would take to get flavor out of it. I'm not huge on single coils but I have a few set ups that kick ass at 50 watts or less in a single coil. Mainly the alpha one. Seems like u like 22mm attys. I'm more into 24 or bigger to get what I like but to each their own. Glad u found a set up that works for u

I use my Combo RDTA at work everyday. One u of my favorites. But it's too big for my NC. That's why I have the Glacier :)

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I use my Combo RDTA at work everyday. One u of my favorites. But it's too big for my NC. That's why I have the Glacier :)

I've got a combo on the way and an extra decks for it as well. The lynx style one. So far my favorite RDTA is the azeroth but from what I hear the Combo is beastly. Also liked the Limitless Plus and avacado 24. I just organized my vape stuff last night finally lol. Feels better to not be so cluttered
c0b6c3afc8edddee49fda3e2a55df1e2.jpg

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got a combo on the way and an extra decks for it as well. The lynx style one. So far my favorite RDTA is the azeroth but from what I hear the Combo is beastly. Also liked the Limitless Plus and avacado 24. I just organized my vape stuff last night finally lol. Feels better to not be so cluttered
c0b6c3afc8edddee49fda3e2a55df1e2.jpg

Wow, nice setup for you vape stuff. I don't have anywhere near that much stuff, maybe one day though LOL.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wow, nice setup for you vape stuff. I don't have anywhere near that much stuff, maybe one day though LOL.

It's more of a hassle then it's worth at times lol but thanks. It'll never be close to @Paratech though. His shelves always amazed me. But I was sick of having shit in boxes and when I needed something it was always on the bottom and then it was messy again lol

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Only problems I had with it is the glass. It's too thin so it would always chip when pulling the top out. And the occasional bit of vaporlock with it when filling.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Only problems I had with it is the glass. It's too thin so it would always chip when pulling the top out. And the occasional bit of vaporlock with it when filling.
Lol the inde duo glass is so thin on the inside mine broke on me from a fall on the carpet from like 4 feet. Not the outside glass but the inside. And the drip tip is such a thin cheap plastic it melts with an decent sized build in it. For a company that makes 250 watt mods it seems all their attys aren't built to handle more then 50 watts

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lol the inde duo glass is so thin on the inside mine broke on me from a fall on the carpet from like 4 feet. Not the outside glass but the inside. And the drip tip is such a thin cheap plastic it melts with an decent sized build in it. For a company that makes 250 watt mods it seems all their attys aren't built to handle more then 50 watts

It's what happens when you're focused on aesthetics rather than function

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
True that. But looks sell. Performance doesn't. I'll never understand why. Can't we have both lol

Wish Jaybo would learn to understand benefits of minimal design. Especially with stuff that people are going to be using as often we vape

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wish Jaybo would learn to understand benefits of minimal design. Especially with stuff that people are going to be using as often we vape
I wouldn't mind of he thought about upping the quality of his mods. I'd gladly pay 60 bucks for an rx200s with a better 510 and better wiring. Instead they cheaped out to charge 40 bucks for them. It's a shame as the chip itself is pretty good and their website is nice am organized

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wouldn't mind of he thought about upping the quality of his mods. I'd gladly pay 60 bucks for an rx200s with a better 510 and better wiring. Instead they cheaped out to charge 40 bucks for them. It's a shame as the chip itself is pretty good and their website is nice am organized

That's JoyTech for you, cheap wiring and cheap 510 pins.

I spent $50 and had a VT 2 replace the 510 pin and upgraded the wiring from 18g to 16g on my DNA200 Reuleaux. Massive and I do mean massive improvement.

JoyTech's shit is just that, shit due to them wiring and the 510 pin's. What a shame, their shit would be good if they just did a very minor and inexpensive improvement.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
That's JoyTech for you, cheap wiring and cheap 510 pins.

I spent $50 and had a VT 2 replace the 510 pin and upgraded the wiring from 18g to 16g on my DNA200 Reuleaux. Massive and I do mean massive improvement.

JoyTech's shit is just that, shit due to them wiring and the 510 pin's. What a shame, their shit would be good if they just did a very minor and inexpensive improvement.
Yup and the cost for them would be less then a couple dollars per mod. No big deal at all. And they would be killer mods with those upgrades at a 50 dollar price point. It's even shittier that they use those cheep parts on then 100+ dollar dna version. You'd think they would at least upgrade on the premium ones

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup and the cost for them would be less then a couple dollars per mod. No big deal at all. And they would be killer mods with those upgrades at a 50 dollar price point. It's even shittier that they use those cheep parts on then 100+ dollar dna version. You'd think they would at least upgrade on the premium ones

I can't express enough how much of a difference that upgrade was. The 510 pin is excellent and with the fatter gauge wire it doesn't get hot like it used to. Plus it hits so much better, I mean a really noticeable difference. Hell with my RX it get's hot vaping at 90W, thus why I pretty much only use it as a build/pulsing platform.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I can't express enough how much of a difference that upgrade was. The 510 pin is excellent and with the fatter gauge wire it doesn't get hot like it used to. Plus it hits so much better, I mean a really noticeable difference. Hell with my RX it get's hot vaping at 90W, thus why I pretty much only use it as a build/pulsing platform.
Lol. You could always upgrade the rx if it's worth it to you. But with all the quad mods out there coming out now maybe 1 will suit you better. Or just stick with your mechs and not worry about lol

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol. You could always upgrade the rx if it's worth it to you. But with all the quad mods out there coming out now maybe 1 will suit you better. Or just stick with your mechs and not worry about lol

My Reuleaux DNA is perfect when I want to slum it with regulated Mod's ;)

My next Mod is the Sith V2, quad parallel. Still waiting for it to be available but was impatient and 3FVape has the clone already so I ordered the Clone tonight.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My Reuleaux DNA is perfect when I want to slum it with regulated Mod's ;)

My next Mod is the Sith V2, quad parallel. Still waiting for it to be available but was impatient and 3FVape has the clone already so I ordered the Clone tonight.
Lol nice. Dan the b_d builders guy who makes the coils we buy, he was looking to buy a mech. I told him to check with you for recommendations. Hope u don't mind. That's more your area of expertise then mine

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol nice. Dan the b_d builders guy who makes the coils we buy, he was looking to buy a mech. I told him to check with you for recommendations. Hope u don't mind. That's more your area of expertise then mine

NP, I just know what I like

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
NP, I just know what I like
Lol I know. Figured you wouldn't mind. I looked at getting an anubis clone to play around with. Might but have a long list of stuff I want more still. But I like the black and gold

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol I know. Figured you wouldn't mind. I looked at getting an anubis clone to play around with. Might but have a long list of stuff I want more still. But I like the black and gold

Anubis Clone, not even close to the authentic, not by a mile. It's an OK parallel but personally if I were you I wouldn't even mess with it.

About the best Clone I've found so far is the VCP Piglet. It's such a good clone that I have actually packed away my authentic in the Stash and I'm just using the Clone.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Anubis Clone, not even close to the authentic, not by a mile. It's an OK parallel but personally if I were you I wouldn't even mess with it.

About the best Clone I've found so far is the VCP Piglet. It's such a good clone that I have actually packed away my authentic in the Stash and I'm just using the Clone.
I'll take a look at that. Thanks for the info!

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

Who makes it and where did I get it?

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My Pilak is amazing, but it's a bit pricey to say the least.

My favorite parallel daily driver is my Nookie V3, it's amazing. Hit's beautifully, excellent design and so simple to use.

http://store.vvvapes.com/product-p/vbmm-nook.htm

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Who makes it and where did I get it?

I got the VCP clone from 3Fvape, it's and excellent series mod. If a series mod is to rowdy for you and you have the scratch I can't recommend the Nookie V3 enough.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
My Pilak is amazing, but it's a bit pricey to say the least.

My favorite parallel daily driver is my Nookie V3, it's amazing. Hit's beautifully, excellent design and so simple to use.

http://store.vvvapes.com/product-p/vbmm-nook.htm
I have an unregulated series 26650, unregulated parallel 18650, and mech tube 26650 single battery so if I got anything else not regulated it would be something different from those. Preferably black and gold.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I got the VCP clone from 3Fvape, it's and excellent series mod. If a series mod is to rowdy for you and you have the scratch I can't recommend the Nookie V3 enough.
I personally won't drop big money on a mech. They are more fun for home type for me and not really something I would review. My daily drivers are always regulated mods lol. I did use my series unregulated box in my best of 2016 video ;) variety is nice

VU Sponsors