Become a Patron!

Wismec Tinker kit - first impressions

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sent to me for review but does not alter my opinions.
The Wismec Tinker is powered by triple 18650 batteries and can reach up to 300W output. It is a nice, fashionable and durable. For a triple battery it is a very portable device. The new Column tank powered with WL01 Single 0.15ohm coil system, brings great flavour . Being a mesh coil I imagine the coils will last longer but I’ve not had it long enough to know.This Wismec Tinker kit is well thought out. I received the white version but it comes in three colours.

CYyTHcl.png

q9LchbV.png

Beautiful design on this mod. So tiny for a triple 18650 and with a nice ergonomic feel. The battery cage is great and the 510 seems fine. It fits a n25 perfectly but 28-30 mm tanks hang over the front a bit - still you can get away with it. They look pretty nice. Absolutely no button rattle either.

Size comparisons to Athena:
LL3ZTKR.jpg

Zs62Jhi.jpg

This is indeed an improvement over the first triple battery Reuleaux. It is a bit heavy but very solid and feels good in the hand. The materials are well chosen. The battery cage is an improvement. The fire button is also nice - slightly slanted ands feels like a trigger.

Now below 25 watts it does .1 and above it is 1 watt increments. So you could use this for MTL and have the batteries last a week, lol.

The menu system is different from other Wismec ones. It is 3 clicks into a sub-menu. But it is a wonderfully simple menu that lets you do all the temp, preheat, TCR, etc. You can also lock the screen with a plus/minus press. The screen ids bright and really easy to read. I like it.

Battery cage:
JD7XTby.jpg

My only negative is that the mod does not fire instantaneously. It has a noticeable delay compared to a Gene chip or Yihi. But so what. Really. I just did a preheat to correct.

The tank is nice. Love all the knurling and the mesh coils have great flavour. I liked them at around 80 watts. They handled my 70/30 e-juice with no hiccups at all. It is a satisfying sub ohm tank that does not leak, does not dry hit, no spit back and a clean taste. The drip tip will get condensation of course. And 6.5 ml of e-liquid is really good. Now I adjusted the airflow half open - it does not need more. In fact only two holes open would work. I also did a preheat of 85 watts. This worked nicely. Is it the best tank pout there? Well, everyone is doing mesh these days. But it is serviceable. It has only one coil option now though.

Parameters
Size: 39.3 * 48.8 * 109.7mm

Output Wattage: 1-300W
Cell Type: 3* 18650 batteries( not include)

E-liquid Capacity: 5ml

Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes / 0.1-3.5ohm for VW mode

Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)

Maximum Charging Current: 2A
Maximum
Output Current: 50A
Output
Voltage Range: 0.5-9V
Output
Mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR mode

Thread Type: 510 spring loaded connector

Wismec Reuleaux Tinker Kit comes with
1x Reuleaux Tinker (no battery cells)

1x COLUMN Tank 

2x WL01 Single 0.15ohm Head

1x QC USB Cable

2x User Manual

2x Warning Card

Spare Parts

SPECIFICATION
Features
ALL NEW appearance 
Tiniest Triple 18650 Mod with 300W Max Output

Large Display with User-friendly Interface

Multiple Protection
System
Top-Filling System and Convenient Bottom Airflow Control

Flip-open Battery Cover for Easy Exchange

Upgradeable Firmware with Preheat Function

2A Quick Charge
TC is good but not perfect … you will need to adjust
Slight lag

Tank Column
2 WL01 mesh coils .15 ohm (30 - 100 watts)
Gold plated coil
Holds 6.5 ml with bubble tank
25 mm wide and 50 mm tall
Top fill push and slide
Very nice air flow
Fits any 810 drip tip
Knurling top and bottom and on the coil (great)
Extra Bubble tank
Only one coil option

Final thoughts
Wismec built this kit correctly. Of course, either you like the look of it or you do not. I like it. I like the size. I love the menu. It functions as advertised. I would definitely recommend this device. Now I know some of those pictures are meh. Excuse the bad camera. Sry.

https://store.wismec.com/

VU Sponsors