Become a Patron!

Wismwc/Jaybo rx200s Temp protection

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just got my new rx200s in. Keeps going into temp protection on all my SS builds after 4 or 5 seconds. No problem with rx200, Seg 213 or fuchia. It does not ask new coil either. Any suggestions? Thanks

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get temperature protect on my DNA200 mods. For my mods it's not a warning per say. It's informational, just letting you know the vape has reached the temperature you set and the mod is varying power to keep you from going over it. I'm assuming it's the same way for your mod.

Cheers,
Steve

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
well it finally asked if new coil. How I don't know. By then I punched a lot of buttons. Now no temp protection but feels much warmer at 400 than 440 to 480 on other devices. Damn things....

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for responding Steve. It finally asking if new coil fixed it. Lets hope it was just a start up glitch. If I remember correctly it took awhile before my rx200 did also.

Marine3313

Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What's the difference between the rx200 and the new rx200s? Does it just have the DNA chip in it?

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well new larger screen (about the only thing better so far) and supposedly better 510 connection but my tanks seem to fit better on rx200. So far I have gotten 1/2 dozen severly nasty hits. Wattage mode is fine.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope put another tank on and does not ask.
A trick some use for some mods is pressing the fire button after you take the old tank off. You should then see something like check atomizer. Then when you screw the new atomizer you should see the new tank dialog. Like I said I don't have that mod, but I know that trick works for most mods.

In that regard, I know if the resistance is close, some mods won't ask new tank. Hopefully someone that has the mod will chime in. I'm just trying to give you some ideas to try in the meantime.

Cheers,
Steve

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Steve. I think I got it now. Last few I have got to read by taking tank off putting back on. And your correct, When it says temp protection it is just holding back because coil was at temp. Different from my other TC devices. Burnt hits were because tank didnt read coil. I swear every device has it's quirks!

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've gotten into the habit of hitting the fire button before screwing on a new tank. I have my quirks as well :D:giggle:

Cheers,
Steve

HDMontana

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine asks for new coil if ohms are higher. If lower, it doesn't ask and just drops down to ohms of that coil. Same way with my isticks. I think that's just the way this board operates.

HD

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Found my problem! Watched youtube video. Between personal bad info and Chinglish of manual it was because of wattage in TC mode. I was originally told wattage would auto set even though it said 200 watts and no adjustment. Not true! lol. Could not figure out how to adjust wattage through TC with manual. 5 min into vid and got it. Much better now! Yes HDMontana I see how it only recognizes new higher coil and not lower. The 510 was tighter than all get out first 2 or 3 tanks but now seems good. Liking device much better!

Hey guys, new vaper here. Does anyone know for sure if the rx200s does indeed have a new 510 connection? My first mod is the rx200 and I am one of the unfortunate ones that have been having issues with temp protection.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey guys, new vaper here. Does anyone know for sure if the rx200s does indeed have a new 510 connection? My first mod is the rx200 and I am one of the unfortunate ones that have been having issues with temp protection.

It does have a new 510 pin but from what I hear, not much of an improvement.

Well so much for making that my second purchase lol. Thanks for the info skt239. Any suggestions for a second mod? I'm looking for something smaller (and not as heavy) and also reliable to fire all kinds of coils, temp and normal.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are so many to choose from... Despite the shit 510 pin I still love my RX and use it everyday. Some stuff does not sit flush but I've never had any issue firing anything on it, even the TFV4z
The IPV5 is another good one I've really enjoyed. There's also the new Sigelei 213; I've never used one but will have one some time next week.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Half my tanks fit flush on the rx200s some not so much but all fire.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seeing how it was only $50 I'm not too upset but really so far the only thing this has over the rx200 is screen. Hopefully updates will fix quirks in TC mode. If the tank pin is just a hair long I have gap and slightly crooked. My rx200 I have never had an issue with.

VU Sponsors