Not open for further replies.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Anyone who wants to donate supplies may send them DIRECTLY to the recipient. NOTHING needs to be sent to me.

Edit. I now have commitments for every item on the list except a battery charger, an accurate ohm reader, and wicking material.

I have a mech mod that I would like to donate, but I don't have any supplies I can spare to make this a complete setup. Items that would help are an atty or tank, coil wire if it is a rebuildable, a good battery and charger, wicking material and possibly some juices would be needed. The reason I am mentioning juices is because I would really like to see this setup go to someone who wants to upgrade from a pen to something a little better, but cannot afford to. So depending what nic level they are at, they may want to adjust especially if they are going from a carto/clearo to a dripping atomizer. This being a mech and battery safety being an issue, I will do my best to ensure that the recipient understands ohms law and the relationship between resistance and battery amp limits. Again, None of these supplies need to be sent to me. I really just want to help. I have gotten a lot of help from this community, and I really want to give something back. The tube I have is a nemesis clone, its got some damage on the threads that was there when I got it, that is the threads where the top and bottom halves of the tube connect, but it does work. This mod was given to me, and now I'd like to pay it forward.

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Double post.

Last edited:

Discobob

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This thread is about trying to do what I can to help the community. Please do not come in here and derail it with negativity, or it will get nowhere. I care more about helping than I do about arguing with people that follow me around the forum. Please, I am asking you nicely, let this thread be about helping.

Sorry to say man but the whole forum is following you around.....it's hard not too. I am one to not start shit on forums so I just lurk these threads and say random stuff here and there but man out of all the forums I have been on .......your a doozer, no offense of course:)

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You are right.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let the petty stuff go!
Do your thing and don't worry about anyone else my friend.
If people want to run their trap let them get caught in it.
You on the other hand get to choose what trap you want to be attracted to.
Vape on my friend, vape on!!

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You guys are absolutely right, and I put the info back up. I want to help. If people don't see that, not my problem.

exodus

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You'd have a lot better chance of making this happen if you at least gave some details about the person you are wanting/trying to help

ATM it sounds like you are going to hunt out some random smoker and try to convert them

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Someone on this forum who wants to move on from a pen but can't afford to. No one specific yet. I will start the actual pif thread once people commit to donating.

sk7175

Member For 4 Years
you are a tool
if you have something to PIF just do it.
nobody needs you holding their hand.

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you are a tool
If you're talking to me, you are correct. Comgratulations. You may now collect your prize of $000,000,000,000. To be dispersed in equal monthly payments for the next 000 years.

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I will donate the way I donate. If you don't like it, you don't have to contribute and its not my concern. Your negativity is not welcome. I don't have time to worry about criticism from someone who joined in may and is still a "new member" because they couldn't make 100 posts in 6 months.

Last edited:

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This guy makes an average of about 4 posts a month, and one of them is to criticize me for wanting to donate. I am honored.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I will start the actual pif thread once people commit to donating.
I'm just trying to clarify some things here.

You want to PIF a mech to someone that is in need, but they must have an understanding of ohms law. (this I understand)
BUT...
They should also be in need of wicking, wire, batteries, a charger and a tank. (items you're hoping others are able to PIF)
AND...
Until someone or others are able to contribute to THAT, this isn't an actual PIF thread.

Am I understanding this correctly?? Just trying to clarify.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm curious as to how this will work too. Are we sending the items directly to the recipient that you track down or does everything get sent to you first?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm curious as to how this will work too. Are we sending the items directly to the recipient that you track down or does everything get sent to you first?
Read the first post again. I bolded the words that answer your question.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm just trying to clarify some things here.

You want to PIF a mech to someone that is in need, but they must have an understanding of ohms law. (this I understand)
BUT...
They should also be in need of wicking, wire, batteries, a charger and a tank. (items you're hoping others are able to PIF)
AND...
Until someone or others are able to contribute to THAT, this isn't an actual PIF thread.

Am I understanding this correctly?? Just trying to clarify.
Well my thinking is that I see no reason that the mod I am donating should go to anyone who already owns a mod of any kind unless it is a severely underpowered unit like the istick mini. I would definitely prefer that this mod go to someone who is in a similar situation to what I was when it was given to me, someone wanting to move on from a pen but not being able to afford to. I can't see any reason why someone who has a pen would have all the supplies to use a $10 nemesis clone, but not the mod itself. I am open to donating this mod to anyone in need, perhaps someone who lost their mod or had it stolen and doesn't have the money to replace it. But I will not donate it to anyone who is collecting or has only tried regulated devices and wants to try a mech. They can go out and buy one, and if they can't afford to, well they've already got a device that performs better than a mech anyway so they are not in need. And the way I see it is this. None of these items are being sent to me. Once I start the actual pif thread, I will notify all those who have agreed to contribute of the recipients address with their permission, or have the recipient contact them directly and they may ship the items out to the recipient at that point. All this thread is for is to find people who will commit to donating, since nothing is being sent to me, if I don't find a recipient, nothing actually gets donated. In addition to requiring that they research and learn ohms law if they don't know it already, they must also be a member of this forum for a long enough period of time that it can be verified they don't own any decent gear by checking their posts.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The recipient will be a member of this forum, provided I can organize contributions in a timely manner. If I can't, I will give the device to someone local. If I make the decision to do that, I will no longer seek contributions from here and release anyone who may have committed to donating. I will either give it to someone on this forum with help, or give it to someone local without help.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So you don't have a recipient yet? But want contributions sent to you?
Is there a camel involved?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Recipient or not I still will give someone the wire and rda lol....don't use 26g anymore and the little boy just sits on the shelf
I'm just trying to figure out exactly is on BNLive -the official network of bean- for tonight.
But hell, I can throw in a freakshow and a freakshow mini. I think I have some double twisted 28g wire laying around here someplace. But, considering I have a few people here I can pif,(who I know, I can trust on a mechanical) I want to see what the story is first. -sad that I feel that way, but, understandable to say the least.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm just trying to figure out exactly is on BNLive -the official network of bean- for tonight.
But hell, I can throw in a freakshow and a freakshow mini. I think I have some double twisted 28g wire laying around here someplace. But, considering I have a few people here I can pif,(who I know, I can trust on a mechanical) I want to see what the story is first. -sad that I feel that way, but, understandable to say the least.
Yeah me too. But its worth seeing what plays out. Going to give beaner the benefit on this and see where it goes.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah me too. But its worth seeing what plays out. Going to give beaner the benefit on this and see where it goes.
I've got the items on the side, will see what plays out. I tend to try and pif to people who either- I know they will like the item; or, if it is someone that is genuinely in need.
Curious to see where this falls.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the items on the side, will see what plays out. I tend to try and pif to people who either I know they will like the item or if it is someone that is genuinely in need.
Curious to see where this falls.
I am concerned about a person going from a pen to a mech with no experience. Or battery safety knowledge or understanding of ohms law.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I am concerned about a person going from a pen to a mech with no experience. Or battery safety knowledge or understanding of ohms law.
Myself as well- who's is why I made the statement of depending on who it is.
I would feel like a serious doodieface if I contributed something to someone and they got hurt using the item.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I agree. I've been vaping for almost a year now and I still don't trust myself with a mech mod. However, if this works out and Bean finds a good recipient, I can kick in some juice.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I went from a pen to a mech. I did my research and learned about ohms law and battery amp limits. It does not take much to understand, they are very simple concepts to me. I will make sure that the recipient understand battery safety and ohms law before I agree to donate to them. My only motivation here is wanting to help. And thank you guys for stepping in. At this point, it looks like all that is needed is a battery charger and some wicking material.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So you don't have a recipient yet? But want contributions sent to you?
Is there a camel involved?
Please read the original post again. The first line, in bold type, states that contributions may be sent directly to the recipient. I am not asking that contributions be sent to me.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Please read the original post again. The first line, in bold type, states that contributions may be sent directly to the recipient. I am not asking that contributions be sent to me.
Who is the recipient and how are they picked I am so confused... I have alot of stuff to give away but I usually hand it out in person randomly so if I am to give is there like some sort of broker that can be involved or?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Now I didn't start this thread to nitpick and argue, so if anyone is here to do that please do not reply. Anything that may have happened in another thread is done and over with. Let it go an move on. If you can't do that, take your bullcrap somewhere else.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok. I will explain this as clearly as I possibly can. Once all the contributions have been organized, I will then start a new thread detailing what supplies are available, and interested parties may reply. I will discuss the replies with the other contributors, and we will all agree on who should receive the items. The recipient will be a member of this forum who cannot afford decent gear for themselves. At this point, all that is needed is a battery charger and wicking material. Once those items have been organized for donation, I will start the new thread.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My only requirement is that the mech itself go to someone who can't afford something better than a pen. Whatever you guys do with your unused supplies is up to you. I can't force anyone to donate to a certain person. I am asking those that want to help me with this pif to step in, and I am thankful for those that have stepped in already.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ok I can see why this is a little confusing. There is no recipient yet. The recipient will be decided once all the supplies have been organized. I didn't want to start a thread offering an item for donation that wasn't a complete setup with no one else committed to donating anything to help make it a complete setup. I apologize for the confusion.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok. I will explain this as clearly as I possibly can. Once all the contributions have been organized, I will then start a new thread detailing what supplies are available, and interested parties may reply. I will discuss the replies with the other contributors, and we will all agree on who should receive the items. The recipient will be a member of this forum who cannot afford decent gear for themselves. At this point, all that is needed is a battery charger and wicking material. Once those items have been organized for donation, I will start the new thread.
Sounds good to me I will keep a look out let me rounds up everything I have and let ya know

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I almost forgot. I do have an ohm meter, but its a cheap one I got off eBay for like $6 or something. It doesn't read the same as my mod, it reads higher. My mod reads 1.04ohms with my current build and my ohm reader reads 1.36. Reading a little higher is OK for 1ohm+, but not for sub-ohm. If no one else has a better one, I will donate this one but I'd feel a lot better if someone could donate a better one.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will only post in here once, I want to make sure that you know, once you dive into a project like this be aware that it is not an easy one, you will have to keep track of the same aspects of collecting and distributing vape gear as if it were a PIF box, and that can get more complicated with the more donations you get.
That being said You will be taking on the responsibilities of accepting the donations and handling them by sending them on to someone else in a timely fashion. The more donations you get , the more involved the work becomes. And as always, VU 's PIF disclaimer applies here as well.
Good luck
Side note>>> You will loose trust in this project if you continue to delete or edit your posts, be aware that I can read them even though you have deleted them.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Those who wish to contribute may send their donations directly to the recipient. Only one donation is needed for each item on the list. Every person is responsible for sending their donations to the recipient. If that is against the rules, then I will withdraw my request and not donate. I can't afford the shipping costs for all these supplies.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
And my post doesn't need to say double post 3 times so please stop editing it. It's redundant.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What pif disclaimer? I don't see one.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well then I haven't done anything that goes against the rules or guidelines. The recipients address will not be made public. It will only be given to those who are donating. None of the payment guidelines apply to a pif.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's cool. See my post about collecting your prize again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors