Become a Patron!

@wllmc and HIC

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A little birdie told me you to guys just hate Dark Vapure by FA. LOL. Did either one of you ever revisit this flavor?
The reason I ask is because I have setup 15 different > 2ml samples of FA tobacco @ 2% to test. Dark Vapure is one of them. Then a couple of days ago this little birdie told me that you guys darn near puke when around it, and can't stand the smell. So far I don't find the smell all that bad but I have not tried any of the 15 samples yet.

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's true they despise it. I love it. That horrid smell to me smells like molasses.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I like it.. personally.. I use it not only in tobaccos, but fruits and other odd things too :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I found my sweet spot for DV is about 0.25 and 0.5 % and its grown on me. I didnt like the darker tobaccos or any for that matter but i have over time aquired my taste for tobacco vapes and DV is actually one of my favorites now on the occasion o do want full flavor tobacco

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
...and my sweet spot for DV is precisely 0%. I just can't handle it. That one and Perique Black are just too much for this tobacco wimp.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found my sweet spot for DV is about 0.25 and 0.5 % and its grown on me. I didnt like the darker tobaccos or any for that matter but i have over time aquired my taste for tobacco vapes and DV is actually one of my favorites now on the occasion o do want full flavor tobacco

When I mix dark tobacco blends, think Dark Burley, Golden Virginia, Latakia, Perique; I use DV sparingly when blending a dark Cavendish or aromatic pipe type tobacco. 0.5% Max, normally around .25-.35%. Rounds out and blends the flavors nicely.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
When I mix dark tobacco blends, think Dark Burley, Golden Virginia, Latakia, Perique; I use DV sparingly when blending a dark Cavendish or aromatic pipe type tobacco. 0.5% Max, normally around .25-.35%. Rounds out and blends the flavors nicely.
love me some burley. I put that Sh!t on everything !

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I'm also a Burley fan. I think it's the flavor of sniffing a new pack of cigarettes. Not that I've done that in a very long time!

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everyone. I have every one mentioned here (and more) sitting and waiting for testing. Even Perique Black HIC you tobacco wimp.:D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks everyone. I have every one mentioned here (and more) sitting and waiting for testing. Even Perique Black HIC you tobacco wimp.:D

After you recover from that encounter, I hope you'll tell us all about it.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well HIC here is my thoughts on Dark Vapure and Perique. Bellow is review on both from FA's site. In red. Although I had this information, (plus more on all their flavors) I did not read this until this morning when I was done testing the two. I did not want to be influenced in anyway before I tested the two.

Dark Vapure
This is certainly one of my favourite flavours and carries the taste of strong, dark tobacco that is long-lasting and sharp with dark cocoa nuances. I mix this in equal parts with Perique for an extremely seductive combination.

Perique
Powerful Perique is the strongest and darkest of the Tobak range with a harsh edginess and probably the most similar to real cigarette smoke. Braves can vape it on its own, but it can be used to impart strong notes to aromatic tobacco flavour, a tough guy for tough vapers. When I feel like experiencing the ultimate in indulgence, I vape a mix of Perique and Dark Vapure, it is just about too good for words!

I like both of them. Both of these were mixed @ 2% in a 70/30 18mg base. The first few vapes of Dark Vapure hit me for a loop. Boy was it strong, not toooo bad but strong. It tasted to me just like a real strong cig and a little like an ash tray. After about 1/2 hour I had to put it down. But the next morning I tried it again and began to really like it. As a stand alone I don't think I would vape this all day but mixed with something to smooth it out just a bit may work for me. They said above: it is long lasting: (that is for sure. the taste will hang in your mouth a while) and Sharp: (OH it is sharp!!) With dark cocoa nuances: (That I did not get)

Now Perique I did not find it to be as strong as Dark Vapure. It is harsh as they say but but in a good way at least for me. This also would not be a straight up all day vape for me with out something to smooth it out.

Now in both of their descriptions they do not mention floral undertones. I get floral undertones in both of them. Not too strong but it's there. I find both to be close to the real cig that I was use to. (Export A and Players both Canadian cigs). But if you were a light American cig smoker I could see why you would not like these 2. For anyone that was a heavy smoker and love strong tobacco vapes and is into DIY I would suggest to give these 2 a try.

And in closing I let my wife try the Dark Vapure. She said it was not to bad?? I expected her to puke this one up. Now my wife hates everything but her store bought ejuice. I think she even hates me LOL. She is very picky!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
@Bobx those were steeped a while, or fresh-mixed?
Thank you for posting your descriptions! I agree with the flavor parts of your descriptions totally, especially "if you were a light American cig smoker I could see why you would not like these 2" hahaha

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I shook the hell out of all 15 bottles I made up, then set them on a window sill in the sun for about 4 hours, then let them sit for 2 days. I figure it takes me 2 days to test each one, so by the time I get to #15 that one will have sat for at least 30 days. But the above 2 sat for 2 days. The Perique would have been 4 days but I had to remake it. I poured the remainder of the Dark Vapure into the Perique bottle by accident before I took out my sample. LOL

I'm now pouring all the remaining juice (after testing) into 1 bottle. This should make one hell of a tobacco vape or kill me:confused:

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also I might add here, and this my sound stupid, but the reason I am taking 2 days to test is because so far I am on my 4th test and on the first day I have never really like anyone. I would vape it for about 4 hours then put them down. But the next day they would taste a lot better?? Now this is where it might sound stupid, the only thing I can see making it test better the next day is because of the heat from the coil heating the juice and sort of quick steeping it. I really don't know and this is just a guess. Or maybe I am just loosing my marbles.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Now this is where it might sound stupid, the only thing I can see making it test better the next day is because of the heat from the coil heating the juice and sort of quick steeping it. I really don't know and this is just a guess. Or maybe I am just loosing my marbles.

You're not losing your marbles - I intentionally take advantage of that myself sometimes. "Tank steeping" to coin a term.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You're not losing your marbles - I intentionally take advantage of that myself sometimes. "Tank steeping" to coin a term.
Thanks HIC. I was almost not going to put that into print for fear of being the laughing stock of DIY. At least now I know it may be just that as to why it tasted better the next day.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
"Before long, you’ll be able to imagine how flavours will taste together without even mixing them, and when this happens, you too will be a certified master of mixing".-wllmc
When I grow up I wanna be a certified master mixer just like wllmc and HIC! ;)

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the vote of confidence but I don't think I will ever come close to being a master of mixing like wllmc and HIC. I would probably be like the little guy that follows them around and polish their shoes and wash their cars :(

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw that too and loved it! It will save me LOADS of time!

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just an update here. I got through all my 15 FA tobaccos as stand alone's and I must say I did not really hate any. As I went through them any that was left over I put into one bottle. I was left with somewhere between 10 and 15 mil's. Vaping that concoction right now. With all 15 flavors mixed together, at who know what percentages, I would have to say not bad but all I really taste is Dark Vapture. LOL. That is some strong shit at 2%

These are my findings but you may see this different:
1>Burly >Not bad, Dry taste. Slight pefume taste.
2>Desert Ship >Pink color. Smooth taste and is not bad stand alone.
3>Virginia Not bad. Green color. Harsh on the throat.
4>Latakia Just OK. Harsh TH
5>RY4 Taste is OK and don't get that harsh taste. But not sweet at 2%
*6>Mellow Sunset Mild and a little sweet. Is good but can't place the flavor?
**7>Maxx Blend. Orange color. Like this a lot. Will have to work with this one.
**8>7 leaves Ultimate I like this very much. Smooth and no harsh taste. Will have to work with this one.
**9>Shade Like this also Good to work with. TH but on the good side
10>Dusk This one is OK to. Low TH and not sweet.
**11>Dark Vapure Does not taste bad. Did not like it at first but it got better. need to add something to mellow this out. Taste is like real cig. Floral undertones.
12>Cowboy Blend It's OK but nothing special?
**13>Perique Black. Floral undertones. Not as strong as Dark Vapure but also tastes like real cig. need to add something to mellow this out.
**14>Cuban Supreme This is very good. Can work with this one. Not too harsh or perfumy
**15>Black Fire This one is OK also. could vape this stand alone. No harshness

Dixie1954

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Bobx I wish everyone would do a list like that even though I only use tiny amounts of flavorings knowing which are floral or perfume tasting will save me loads of time. Thank You:D

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Man I would like to see anyone able to vape black fire stand alone.
I must have got a shit mixer who fucked up my DV order back when I was ordering it. Shit tasted like hot metal and garbage.

-GR-

Member For 4 Years
I might be one of the odd balls with actually liking DV by itself even at 3%. It is by no means an ADV for me but I don't think it is bad at all. I definitely get that earthy taste from it. I have Perique, Black Fire, Storm, Maxx Blend, and a couple of others coming to try.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bobx I wish everyone would do a list like that even though I only use tiny amounts of flavorings knowing which are floral or perfume tasting will save me loads of time. Thank You:D
Your welcome Dixie. I'm no HIC on explanations and certainly don't have his taste buds but that is what Tasted. The * are my rating to myself and will work with these. I'm a tobacco person. (For Now!!)

VU Sponsors