wllmc's Christmas Cocoa

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid - Recipes' started by wllmc, Dec 11, 2017.

1. wllmc

wllmc Yes there are typo's and no I do not care :) VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    yum a light creamy hot chocolate with peppermint and marshmallow's :D shake and vape this taste taste great! I havent let it steep out but I have become pretty confident in my chocolate making so Im sure this will be just as good a week from now. kinda regretting just making this 30 ml sample though because its not going to last long enough to do any real steeping. now I just need a fire place and some snow!.... . ok I take back the part about the snow :p

1% FA chocolate
    0.1% FA cocoa
    4% caps hot cocoa
    0.25% FLV marshmallow
    1% TFA toasted marshmallow
    2% WF Tahitian vanilla
    2% LB white chocolate peppermint

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    Luv2vape, inspects, NGAHaze and 11 others like this.
  2. Mykreign

Mykreign Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    That looks damn good man. I’m missing 2 flavors. I’ll order them tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Letitia9, Heartsdelight and wllmc like this.
  3. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    WTH man? 4 flavors I don't have. Fine... going to the wish list. :wait:

RonJS, Foggz, hellcatrydr and 2 others like this.
  4. Carmmond

Carmmond Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    If they would have sent me some free sample flavors of the right kind last order I would have the flavors;) Oh well on three more on my to get list:D

Letitia9 and wllmc like this.
  5. wllmc

wllmc Yes there are typo's and no I do not care :) VU Donator Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee Vape Media

Blog Posts:
    what? really?

Letitia9 likes this.
  6. Kat

Kat Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Thank you. What brand is LB ? And WF = Wonder Flavors?

wllmc likes this.
  7. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    lol !

Letitia9 likes this.
  8. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    yes WF is wonder flavors and LB is liquid barn

Letitia9 likes this.
  9. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    whoa I just got blocked from posting on VU for a couple mins. what the heck was that all about haha

Letitia9 likes this.
  10. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    let me guess, FLV, LB, WF and caps?

Mykreign and Letitia9 like this.
  11. Hillbilly Pig

Hillbilly Pig Silver Contributor Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Why does everything good involve what I am missing? In the cart it goes.

NOTE: Guess I didn't hit the reply button.

Letitia9 and wllmc like this.
  12. Huckleberried

Huckleberried Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, is ok. I have a store credit, and an ever growing wish list, LOL.

DixieChick and wllmc like this.
  13. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    I was gonna guess that too lol

wllmc likes this.
  14. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    ding! ding! ding! And I've had that Caps flavor on my list quite a while! Glad I waited, cuz now I can add these, too.

wllmc and Hillbilly Pig like this.
  15. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    this is a must try huckster :) been needing this one for my score card hahha. had to many bombs lately

16. Huckleberried

Blog Posts:
    Everything you make is a must try, buddy!

17. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    :cheers:

inspects and Huckleberried like this.
  18. hellcatrydr

hellcatrydr Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    And over 10% total flavoring!:eek: :bliss: Really looking forward to this.

Do you like the WF Tahitian?... is it substantially different than FA Vanilla Tahiti?

PS... and how do you even measure .1 of a percent? Do you just wave the bottle over the mix? :)

burley and wllmc like this.
  19. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    lol thanks :cheers: and yes thats precisely how I did it. hahaha. I use york twist on all my 4oz flavoring so I barley opened it and kinda shook a drop out. it landed on 0.04 instead of 0.03 but its close enough :p for the Tahitian I get less of a vanilla flavor and just more of a creamy effect from it the FA I get more of a spicy vanilla flavor

20. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    Ive learned just a small little pinch of FA cocoa really improves on caps hot chocolate and the FA chocolate smooths those 2 other chocolates out nicely

inspects and hellcatrydr like this.
  21. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    WF tahitian vanilla is da shiznit. It's becoming one of my favorites.

I'd also like to add that i'm offended by this post. It should be holiday cocoa. :giggle:

Edit: Is cap hot chocolate supposed to be hot cocoa?

22. FranC

FranC VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    The recipe looks good but how sweet is it.?

wllmc likes this.
  23. jasonandsarah

jasonandsarah Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Recipe sounds delicious!

wllmc likes this.
  24. RonJS

RonJS Gold Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    You folks haven't been enjoying..

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wllmcs-ecf-refugee.305996/
    ...?
    :eek::eek::eek:

It's my favorite (cold climate) wintertime vape!
    Perfect for two fisted vaping with a cookie, power ring or other bakery type juice.:stars:

Ron
    ---
    "The whole world is happening... Right Now"- Chief Clarence "Clancy" Wiggum (The Simpsons)

25. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    placed my order but forgot the LB. oh well

Edit: placed another order for it.

wllmc and wildgypsy70 like this.
  26. Hillbilly Pig

Blog Posts:
    And...just placed an order, finally got that vanilla on the way. If I wanted to sub FLV marshmallow for FA instead, would it be the same?

wllmc and Mykreign like this.
  27. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    I’d say no. They’re pretty different.

RonJS likes this.
  28. Hillbilly Pig

Blog Posts:
    Yeah kinda figured, got it on the way anyways but meh.

wllmc likes this.
  29. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Oh my damn, this looks good......only missing one flavor!

Just Frank and wllmc like this.
  30. wildgypsy70

wildgypsy70 My son calls me "vape mom" VU Donator Silver Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    :giggle::giggle::giggle:

Mykreign likes this.
  31. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    lol what the heck. how did everyone let me go calling it hot chocolate :giggle: I even call it that in a comment. I'll leave that error and fix the posted recipe.

Mykreign likes this.
  32. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    for me its properly sweet and plenty sweet for me. Id say if you are a sweetener person maybe you might want to add some after trying a little. but if you are wondering if its to sweet or sickly sweet it is not by far. it has good balance.

inspects, FranC and RonJS like this.
  33. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    they are really different. FLV marshmallow really sets this off for sure.

34. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    I ended up pounding down 30mls of this in no time today and now looking at my sad little empty bottle. This smoothed out and fluffed up just right.. dont make the same mistake I did and make sure to make more than you can vape haha.

Mykreign and RonJS like this.
  35. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    I'm thinking..."Yes there are typo's and no I do not care "...has become a contagion. :idea:

Ron
    :D:D:D
    ---
    "Persuade thyself that imperfection and inconvenience are the natural lot of mortals, and there will be no room for discontent, neither for despair."- Ieyasu Tokugawa

36. FranC

Blog Posts:
    That's it. I can't do anything beyond mildly sweet.

wllmc likes this.
  37. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    I am the same way. this does push my limits on sweet without overdoing it.

38. FranC

Blog Posts:
    Sounds good. I shall try it. Thanks:)

39. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    I'm missing these two...:gaah:
    2% WF Tahitian vanilla
    2% LB white chocolate peppermint.

I do have TFA White Chocolate, 7 different Vanilla's as well as FA Peppermint and FW Candy Cane. Racing the seasonal factor, perhaps some experimentation is in order...
    sof241.jpg
    I'm thinking having some appropriate (for this type of recipe) seasonal music playing in the background can't hurt mixing either :idea:
    bronson.jpg
    Christmas music 4.jpg
    Christmas2.jpg
    :cheers:
    Ron
    ---
    "I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right."- Albert Einstein

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    Teresa P, wllmc and Hillbilly Pig like this.
  40. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    I think you could get pretty darn close with what you have, I used LB because I didnt want the peppermint to be overly powerful in this one and the white chocolate end of the LB is also very light and used more as a blending and smoothing of the darker chocolates. this is kinda like the polar opposite of peppermint mocha tiramisu where everything is POW and in you face. This is as if the marshmallows and peppermint melted into the chocolate. I love it. huffed down another 30 mls at work today lol.
    Tahitian acts as another mellowing agent in this to combat the darker chocolates. Id pick a more light and creamy vanilla in your stash.
    someday though whip it up with all the right goodies . gave a few 30's out to some of the folks at work and they all loved it. its especially good on fresh cotton so everything shines through just right :)

41. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    Many Thanks for this additional Very Helpful information!

For the 2% WF Tahitian vanilla substitution, I'm going to try 1% INW Shisha Vanilla. INW seems like it could be "light and creamy" :)
    IW_Flavours_Banner copy.jpg
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

For the 2% LB white chocolate peppermint substitution, I'm going to mix up...

3.5% FW Candy Cane
    5% TFA White Chocolate
    1%TFA Vanila Swirl
    .2% FLV Marshmallow (for a touch of body)
    ...and use 2% of that flavor mixture in the recipe.

To determine how your Christmas Cocoa mix compares to your ECF Refugee, today I'll also mix up a batch without any white chocolate peppermint substitution. I'm just curious.;)
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that BCF Is having a "Christmas Sale". :inlove: I'll certainly get the missing flavors at that time.

Ron
    ---
    "Let's just say I was testing the bounds of reality. I was curious to see what would happen. That's all it was curiosity. "-Jim Morrison

wllmc and Hillbilly Pig like this.
  42. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    Let me know how that works out. I almost used shisha vanilla and changed my mind at the last minute

sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.

RonJS likes this.
  43. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    In the not so distance past, I've seen some Forum posts regarding some DIY visual aspect concerns.
    I can only speculate, :), and I could be wrong :rolleyes:, but the delay in your ability to post may be due to a Moderator seeking for you to first add additional information regarding FA Cocoa.:idea:

I'll do that now.

Folks...Please don't get your leopard print tan-through thongs in a knot when you view a FA Cocoa flavor bottle. It is not unusual to see separation and/or floating flecks. Like all other flavors, just shake it well before mixing and you will be fine.

Ron
    ---
    "When there is fear of failure, there will be failure."- George S. Patton

Hillbilly Pig and gopher_byrd like this.
  44. RonJS

Blog Posts:
    After mixing and a S&V, my hatchet job mix tastes good! Certainly good enough to obtain my missing flavors and do it again for real.

While I found the overall chocolate flavor is not as prominent as in ECF Refugee, it is there and very smooth. Perhaps adding more INW Shisha Vanilla or more aging, will increase the Chocolate "pop".

Smooth is a good overall review term of my mix variation in total. The peppermint notes are certainly not as bold as in my well liked Mama J's Peppermint Mocha Tiramisu, but no mistake...it's there and considering it's station in this mix...well appreciated at that level.

Ron
    ---
    "Always be nice to bankers. Always be nice to pension fund managers. Always be nice to the media. In that order."- John Gotti

45. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    This just happened. Haven't had a recipe in awhile that had to be mixed 500 ml at a time but between Jess and I and everyone that keeps trying to steal mine it just had to happen.
    [​IMG]

sent from my phone but thats not the reason for the bad spelling. it is what it is yo.

46. Mykreign

Blog Posts:
    This is good stuff will. I give it 3 thumbs up. The peppermint and chocolate are at perfect amounts, not too heavy, not too light. Makes for a great all day vape. I’ll be handing out this one for Christmas for sure.

“I make shake and Vapes for the hard working vapors because that’s who I am and that’s who I care about” -Herby Hancock

wllmc likes this.
  47. wildgypsy70

Blog Posts:
    Just mixed this up.....yummmmmmmmmy! Def bringing this to work tomorrow. Already planning on mixing a bigger batch soon....thanks, @wllmc !

wllmc likes this.
  48. wllmc

Blog Posts:
    thanks guys glad you like it :)

inspects and Mykreign like this.
  49. hellcatrydr

hellcatrydr Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Well crap... There has been waayy too much hubbub about this recipe.

Somehow I only have two of the flavors. :gaah: AND my (3 year old) FA cocoa needs to spend some time in a paint shaker. :cuss2:
    I blame this on Huck. :tantrum: I have no idea how she let me fall so far behind... o_O

:)

50. Carmmond

Carmmond Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Well put in the order for this tonight... put a comment about you in the notes @wllmc ;)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
    wllmc likes this.