Become a Patron!

wllmc's Dr. F'n Pepper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Every time I look, the Rasta is out of stock. Not having much luck with carts lately. I really don't want to order from 4 or 5 places. Trying hard to avoid it, but seems impossible the last couple weeks. Not that I don't want to see new recipes, but have you noticed....? lol
I keep getting there before you do !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danjc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Was looking for a good use for cola, and after trying this I think I've found it!
I added koolada 2% on HIC's suggestion and WOW! this is really good stuff very refreshing.
Keep up the good work man

danjc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thats right Dr. Pepper. this is more like the gum with that juicy center. but way better than what I have tried from vendors. @HeadInClouds pretty much made this recipe without knowing it. what good would a wllmc recipe be without a story to go with it. so Ill connect the dots for you. I decided to make a Dr. Pepper vape. HIC taught us to do our research. I started looking at Dr. Pepper recipes and different soda makers forums. thats a different story but pretty cool. the have DIY soda syrup forums like ours. anyways a few things kept popping up. black cherries , vanilla, almond, occasionally amaretto . started plopping flavors into the calculator and it all started looking very familiar. HIC's cherry coke http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-cherry-coke.1770/ and HIC's amaretto disoranno http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-amaretto-disoranno.1848/ I was using the wrong vanilla and didnt have carmel but I was basically remixing the amaretto recipe. I decided I would just use the amaretto recipe since I had seen amaretto already mentioned a few times . some might want to raise the cola to 3%. I cant decide if I like 2 or 3% on that. it came out really good. thanks @HeadInClouds for everything you teach us :)

wllmc's Dr. F'n Pepper

2% FA cola
1% FA black cherry
.5% FA vanilla bourbon
.5% FA almond
.5% FA marzipan
.5% FA caramel

Made this and I love it,
I have a dumb question, I made HIC's amaretto concentrate,
So what % would I add the amaretto concentrate to the 2%cola and 1%black cherry to get the correct % of the total recipe?
Am I right in thinking its:
2% HICs amaretto comcentrate mix
2% cola
1% black cherry

Thanks for any reply

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't taste the black cherry at all, but I've had it for a while in the little PV bottle. I wonder if mine is no good - is it generally strongish?

AyeJay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I can't taste the black cherry at all, but I've had it for a while in the little PV bottle. I wonder if mine is no good - is it generally strongish?

Yes, its pretty strong when mixed with cola.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Made this and I love it,
I have a dumb question, I made HIC's amaretto concentrate,
So what % would I add the amaretto concentrate to the 2%cola and 1%black cherry to get the correct % of the total recipe?
Am I right in thinking its:
2% HICs amaretto comcentrate mix
2% cola
1% black cherry

(EDIT: I totally misunderstood and typed the wrong stuff a minute ago...Ignore it if you saw it.)
If you made a bottle of flavoring only, then yes you use it here at 2%.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I couldn't taste mine before this recipe Amanda. Hmm.

Sent from my stupid iPhone because I don't have an Android.

danjc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
(EDIT: I totally misunderstood and typed the wrong stuff a minute ago...Ignore it if you saw it.)
If you made a bottle of flavoring only, then yes you use it here at 2%.
Cheers HIC,
I used the 1ml of each (equal amounts) so this is the one to use 2% of?
Ive used that amaretto concentrate mix a lot so would be easyer to use in this aswell.
Thanks Dan

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Was looking for a good use for cola, and after trying this I think I've found it!
I added koolada 2% on HIC's suggestion and WOW! this is really good stuff very refreshing.
Keep up the good work man
thanks dude, sorry for the late reply. looks like HIC got you squared away on the %. #vapelyfe

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
Cheers HIC,
Ive used that amaretto concentrate mix a lot so would be easyer to use in this aswell.
Thanks Dan

Yep - that's right!
be a Pepper, vape Dr. Pepper....

danjc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks dude, sorry for the late reply. looks like HIC got you squared away on the %. #vapelyfe
Yeah cheers mate, good stuff.
Hope you'll have more recipes soon maybe more RY4 ones strugling to like anything I do with it, im on the dr pep now, great work;).
Thanks Dan

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yeah cheers mate, good stuff.
Hope you'll have more recipes soon maybe more RY4 ones strugling to like anything I do with it, im on the dr pep now, great work;).
Thanks Dan
did you try this one ? http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wllmcs-ry4-all-fa.2395/ , Ill try to make another ry4 also. thats a pretty fun flavor to use. not really tobacco but kinda. you just sparked the ry4 in me again. got some ideas rolling

danjc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
did you try this one ? http://vapingunderground.com/threads/wllmcs-ry4-all-fa.2395/ , Ill try to make another ry4 also. thats a pretty fun flavor to use. not really tobacco but kinda. you just sparked the ry4 in me again. got some ideas rolling

No not yet, but its on my list, I was after a comparison side by side before I did this one.
The thing I find with this flavour is you cant say it tastes like RY4 becouse the flavour varies so much and ive only tried pre-mixed before, and one I really liked inparticular was totally wickeds patriot RY4.
So yeah looking forward to some RY4 more of your creations.
Cheers Dan

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
No not yet, but its on my list, I was after a comparison side by side before I did this one.
The thing I find with this flavour is you cant say it tastes like RY4 becouse the flavour varies so much and ive only tried pre-mixed before, and one I really liked inparticular was totally wickeds patriot RY4.
So yeah looking forward to some RY4 more of your creations.
Cheers Dan
I never tried the real RY4 other than my own mixes. I have tried a few vendor and B/M ry4's and holy crap if thats ry4 then I would rather vape mine lol. @downInTn says FA ry4 is pretty close to the original from what he remembers last time we talked about it. its pretty close to TFA except its FA and soooooo much cleaner. never done a side by side. I think I have some of both. guess i should try it out

danjc

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah should be interesting to hear your findings, I don't have any of the TFA Ry4, only have FA UK ry4 "legend" (meant to be original flavour) I don't know if its got the same name (legend) in the US
I do find that the single flavour is lacking sweetness and don't know if I'm right in saying its mostly used as a base for recipes.
Having said that I know what you mean about pre mixed.. hell some of them I'd rather vape turds lol.
So yeah hope you can come up with a few recipe variations for us to try and compare.
Cheers Dan

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From what I understand, RY4 was one of the first tobacco flavors ever developed for vaping. I think it was RY1 and RY4 that were developed by the Chinese guys that invented the e-cig. As good as FA is at matching flavors and from my limited experience I'd say it's pretty spot on to the original.

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cheers HIC,
Thanks Dan
I did the very same thing and mixed 12ml of amaretto flavoring. PV bottle of each ingredient! I need to mix this recipe up tonight too since I finally got my cola flavoring!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I did the very same thing and mixed 12ml of amaretto flavoring. PV bottle of each ingredient! I need to mix this recipe up tonight too since I finally got my cola flavoring!
woot woot ! cola is pretty fun. ........... unless you mix it with to much raspberry. bleh lol

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
woot woot ! cola is pretty fun. ........... unless you mix it with to much raspberry. bleh lol

Like those soda fountains where you mix your own... I vape lemon-cola, peach-cola, cherry-cola, orange-cola, citrusmix-cola, anise-cola, vanilla-cherry-cola, lime-cola ... and then there are the cocktails! FA Cola is good stuff, never lets me down.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Like those soda fountains where you mix your own... I vape lemon-cola, peach-cola, cherry-cola, orange-cola, citrusmix-cola, anise-cola, vanilla-cherry-cola, lime-cola ... and then there are the cocktails! FA Cola is good stuff, never lets me down.
Are you talking about those ones you can make like 100 different combinations of soda lol. I love those. Rootbeer with extra vanilla

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You've been able to get more than 2 flavors from those things? The 2 I've used in town let you choose a combo of 2 flavors. Bastiges.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive been looking forward to this one and I finally mixed this one up. The cola is the best cola Ive tasted to date. Very refreshing. The Dr Pepper taste is dead on and understand will get more prononced tomorrow as well as the cola settling down ( which I actually like right now after a quick shake and vape.) I mixed as written.

As always, I tend to like to push the envelope a bit and I do like a bit more flavoring than most. Before I started fiddling around with this recipie, I knew better than to just run amuck raising up "this and that" because I knew this recipie was more or less "just right".

I got with Willmc and got me some "counsuling" before I ruined the recipie and the juice. He helped me out with what would mostlikely work for me as I only wanted that "Dr Pepper" taste..or that "prune juice" taste or whatever you want to call it to stand out of the cola just a tad more.

His recomendations seemed to work like a champ.

I simply raised all flavorings that called for .5% up to what is now 1.0%........thats it. Thats all. It did not make a night and day difference, as Willmc appartantly knew.....but I got a little bit more taste of the Dr Pepper to go with that coke and black cherry.

It works for me anyway. Thanks Willmc !! :)

This makes me want a Moon Pie and a Goo Goo Cluster... :D

havok333

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
glad it worked out @Thunderball this one still makes me laugh at how awesome it is.
Hey man, finally got my lazy ice to mixing this up and you definitely hit it outta the park! I can't stop vaping on it! Made up 60ml and this first 15 might get me to bedtime tomorrow. Next 15ml I'll boot the amaretto like tball did since I did like the real drink with plenty of Disaronno.

I'll try to steep the other 30ml to see how it is after a week or two. I'm finding this flavor better down to 35-40 watts. 50 watts was like drinking Dr. Pepper that been sitting in the hot car for a couple hours.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey man, finally got my lazy ice to mixing this up and you definitely hit it outta the park! I can't stop vaping on it! Made up 60ml and this first 15 might get me to bedtime tomorrow. Next 15ml I'll boot the amaretto like tball did since I did like the real drink with plenty of Disaronno.

I'll try to steep the other 30ml to see how it is after a week or two. I'm finding this flavor better down to 35-40 watts. 50 watts was like drinking Dr. Pepper that been sitting in the hot car for a couple hours.

Amaretto ? Disaronno ? Man, your speaking Greek to me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

JayZ

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey man, just wanted to stop by and say thanks for such a treat! It is an amazing vape, I am just loving it!

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mixed this up last night and Vaping it today, real good.
I added 2 drops (10ml) of TFA Cinnamon Spice and it's still good, lol.
Gotta try the original yet, but I just have to fiddle with stuff:D

bkkdaytrader

Member For 4 Years
thats right Dr. Pepper. this is more like the gum with that juicy center. but way better than what I have tried from vendors. @HeadInClouds pretty much made this recipe without knowing it. what good would a wllmc recipe be without a story to go with it. so Ill connect the dots for you. I decided to make a Dr. Pepper vape. HIC taught us to do our research. I started looking at Dr. Pepper recipes and different soda makers forums. thats a different story but pretty cool. the have DIY soda syrup forums like ours. anyways a few things kept popping up. black cherries , vanilla, almond, occasionally amaretto . started plopping flavors into the calculator and it all started looking very familiar. HIC's cherry coke http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-cherry-coke.1770/ and HIC's amaretto disoranno http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hics-amaretto-disoranno.1848/ I was using the wrong vanilla and didnt have carmel but I was basically remixing the amaretto recipe. I decided I would just use the amaretto recipe since I had seen amaretto already mentioned a few times . some might want to raise the cola to 3%. I cant decide if I like 2 or 3% on that. it came out really good. thanks @HeadInClouds for everything you teach us :)

wllmc's Dr. F'n Pepper

2% FA cola
1% FA black cherry
.5% FA vanilla bourbon
.5% FA almond
.5% FA marzipan
.5% FA caramel
Finally got around to vaping this and its really good--i subbed in FA cherry and yes its Dr Pepper!!!

Ozzy Lozada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I received all the ingredients yesterday. So last night I immediately mixed 20mL 25/75 VG/PG and 6mg/mL nic. This tastes amazing right out of mixing. Thank you wllmc for a great recipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors