wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
here is my favorite version of ry4. its a pretty easy one to play with. you can use these flavors in different percents and get a good vape. adjust to your liking :)

2% FA ry4
1% FA vanilla bourbon
.5% FA caramel
.5% FA catalan cream
.5% FA walnut

buckethead

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That sounds great. I love RY4. I guess it's finally time to order some FA. Thanks for the share!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
That sounds great. I love RY4. I guess it's finally time to order some FA. Thanks for the share!
your welcome. Im really loving the FA ry4

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Looks like I'll have to get the RY4 my next order. FA doesn't list it with their tobaccos but I'm game! ;)
lol ya its not really tobacco but tasty. hey you should try "its dark in fuji" mines been sitting around a week ish and its getting real smooth. more so than before. going to check it once a week. your kinda the tobacco expert guy in my mind. want to see what you think of it. its my best tobacco one I think.

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well.. I'm no expert thats for sure but I do like tobacco vapes the most. I'm gonna make a flavor order soon, if the budget allows, I need Fuji, RY4, Oak some more Maxx Blend and likely others I'm not thinking of at the moment ;)

BTW, have you tried Shade? I've been really diggin it. I get mild tobacco flavor with a rich, kinda spicy, sweetness. I think it would go really well with apple, pear maybe peach. Humm.... Shade of Pear, I may have to try that. :)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well.. I'm no expert thats for sure but I do like tobacco vapes the most. I'm gonna make a flavor order soon, if the budget allows, I need Fuji, RY4, Oak some more Maxx Blend and likely others I'm not thinking of at the moment ;)

BTW, have you tried Shade? I've been really diggin it. I get mild tobacco flavor with a rich, kinda spicy, sweetness. I think it would go really well with apple, pear maybe peach. Humm.... Shade of Pear, I may have to try that. :)

Shade is really good mixed in with other flavors at 1%. I'm not usually a tobacco fan, but it gives it that little something without sweetness, when you want something a little different.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
never tried shade but there ya go amanda got it .lol. guess Im buying shade next

Passunca

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
here is my favorite version of ry4. its a pretty easy one to play with. you can use these flavors in different percents and get a good vape. adjust to your liking :)

2% FA ry4
1% FA vanilla bourbon
.5% FA caramel
.5% FA catalan cream
.5% FA walnut
Don't have the Bourbon Vanilla... I will have to go with Thaity Vanilla instead. Would it be radically different?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Don't have the Bourbon Vanilla... I will have to go with Thaity Vanilla instead. Would it be radically different?
na its good , I have tried it that way also .

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Will be mixing this today. Glad I found you here. Really been missing your posts.
hey smitty !!!!! glad to see you round these parts. let me know how you like it. be sure to post some of the stuff you have to. the recipe section here I think is going to be pretty epic. way more active than other forums I have been on

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I love the TFA Double RY4. It's not a strong tobacco flavor...
I make a "creamy" RY4 with it, and even a "fruity" RY4 with it. I keep getting bigger and bigger bottles. Didja know you can get a 5 gallon pail of DRY4 for $450?

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I make a "creamy" RY4 with it, and even a "fruity" RY4 with it. I keep getting bigger and bigger bottles. Didja know you can get a 5 gallon pail of DRY4 for $450?

hahahaha Ill keep that in mind. RY4 is growing on me.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

LOL I thought I was going big when I ordered a 4 ounce bottle...

downInTn

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had forgotten what RY4 flavor taste like so I had to try some straight up at first. FA's version instantly reminded me, seems really accurate but not something I really like by itself. This recipe is a keeper, though, YUM!

kabalm18

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Shade is pretty good. Reminds me of honey I think...if I am thinking of the right thing. This recipe looks awesome....need to pick up some flavors!

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Will. Just mixed this. A little birdie sent me a sample of the walnut, so I was finally able to replicate it. Any time frame for when it hits its peak?

And thank you!

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hey Will. Just mixed this. A little birdie sent me a sample of the walnut, so I was finally able to replicate it. Any time frame for when it hits its peak?

And thank you!
hey awesome ! its pretty good just shake and vape but I usually crock pot it for 2 hrs and wait a day or overnight at least. when Im in the mood for this it doesnt last 2 days after that lol. I still like this tho. I need to make some and just let it sit for awhile. let me know how you like it :)

Mr Joshua

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Recipe sounds good, though i have yet to try FA's RY4, just ordered it and a few other flavors...one being FA rum, I have been in an island tobacco type mood, never made one, guessing coconut, rum, maybe mango or something. I will definitely mix your RY4 recipe up soon as stuff gets here, which should be fast, Bull city is quick and I live in NC.

RocketPuppy

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I definitely will.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i've never had ry4 to my knowledge, i just mixed this up it's very good, but is ry4 supposed to have a minty taste to it?? as that is what i'm tasting, i was expecting caramelly goodness, but the mint i'm getting threw me off

edit: when i smell the ry4 bottle, i smell minty also, is it supposed to be menthol type tobacco?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i've never had ry4 to my knowledge, i just mixed this up it's very good, but is ry4 supposed to have a minty taste to it?? as that is what i'm tasting, i was expecting caramelly goodness, but the mint i'm getting threw me off

edit: when i smell the ry4 bottle, i smell minty also, is it supposed to be menthol type tobacco?

Nope, no mint at all!

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I hear that Tuscan Reserve has a very slight hint of menthol. I wonder if it didn't get switched up. Bummer.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Oh yeah. I've heard they're good about taking care of things like that. I've not had it happen, to my knowledge, at least, but those who have needed a replacement didn't get a hassle.

CloudyToday

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah. I've heard they're good about taking care of things like that. I've not had it happen, to my knowledge, at least, but those who have needed a replacement didn't get a hassle.
yep all good! they said just to let them know next time in the comments thread on my next order and they will put a replacement in :)

Condensation

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

2% FA ry4
1% FA vanilla bourbon
.5% FA caramel
.5% FA catalan cream
.5% FA walnut
Lucky enough to let it steep for a few weeks and now it's all gone. Those few weeks did something magical in that glass bottle. Thinking about adding some FA Black Fire from the flavoring order just placed from www.mamajsjuice.com however it's plenty good just as it is.

Hi all, new vaper (Jan 2017) and diyer (March 2017). Quick question: I have everything for wllmc's RY4 but Catalan Cream. I'm considering substituting Vienna Cream & and little Ceylon Cinnamon, all FA. Any ideas on percentages for VC & CC or better substitutions?

Thank you for any responses. I love this site & appreciate the hard work everyone puts into it. Hope to become a contributor one day.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Hi all, new vaper (Jan 2017) and diyer (March 2017). Quick question: I have everything for wllmc's RY4 but Catalan Cream. I'm considering substituting Vienna Cream & and little Ceylon Cinnamon, all FA. Any ideas on percentages for VC & CC or better substitutions?

Thank you for any responses. I love this site & appreciate the hard work everyone puts into it. Hope to become a contributor one day.
hi :) hope you try it. the Catalan to make it taste exactly the same is needed....... but is not needed to be good :) personally, I would just add some vienna and exclude the cinnamon for variations off this. just because personally I dont think I would like it. stick with the 0.5% and after you try it you might want to bump it up. good luck on your mixing and welcome to the club :)

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Thank you very much for taking the time to reply.
thanks for the interest and the bump up :) brings back old memories like this comment

hey smitty !!!!! glad to see you round these parts. let me know how you like it. be sure to post some of the stuff you have to. the recipe section here I think is going to be pretty epic. way more active than other forums I have been on
let it be know july 6 2014 I predicted the epicness of the DIY and recipe section on vaping underground. I think we have lived up to that :)

thanks for the interest and the bump up :) brings back old memories like this comment

let it be know july 6 2014 I predicted the epicness of the DIY and recipe section on vaping underground. I think we have lived up to that :)

I'll let you know how the substitution works out. I've had good luck with menthol/peppermint type recipes for myself but want to impress my 42 year old son with some good tobacco flavored recipes. He has vaped for 5 years or more & finally converted his father & I. Catalan Cream will be on my next order -- trying to use some of the 67 flavors I already have. Why is it one flavor is always missing from every recipe we want to try???

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That is the Murphy's Law that applies to DIY. Sometimes even @Teresa P with her 700 flavor stash gets caught by Mr. Murphy. Just can't get around it...

It must be Mrs. Murphy who keeps coming out with New Flavors for sale that we, of course, must have. :facepalm:

Ron
---
"My aunt once said that the world would never find peace until men fell at their women’s feet and asked for forgiveness."-Jack Kerouac

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is the Murphy's Law that applies to DIY. Sometimes even @Teresa P with her 700 flavor stash gets caught by Mr. Murphy. Just can't get around it...
Mr. Murphy doesn't come around as often as he once did. Lol! Now he makes the occasional visit just to be a nuisance.
I used to order new flavors to accommodate the "one flavor short" syndrome. It started to happen less often once I got good and stocked up, to the point where it made me mad when it did happen. ("But I can't be one flavor short, I have everything!") Now I just order stuff mostly because I don't have it. ("Flavor West mule farts, yeah, throw that in the cart, ya never know...") This is a DISEASE, I tell ya...LMAO!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
"Flavor West mule farts, yeah, throw that in the cart, ya never know..."
I don't know if I would want to be downwind of that one... :giggle:

Back OT, of course Mr(s). Murphy kicked in on the original recipe as I don't have the FA RY4... :facepalm:

jjdell

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can taste FA RY at just 2%? Man, i got some and was dissapointed in it badly. Was struggling to even remotely taste it at tripple that.

VU Sponsors