Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Sadly this is not the first or the last we will be hearing about this kind of stuff.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Being just greedy is one thing, endangering people for profit is another.
Fuck you battery woman, enjoy your time in prison.
Reminds me of a story about a construction supervisor that was caught after stealing the copper that was supposed to be used for the building grounding.

T702

Member For 4 Years
This is the best thing I've read in a long time. It's one thing to sell ripoff crap. Batteries are a whole other deal, not that either are ok. I can't believe how many re wrapped cells I See that are subohm vamped, etc 40a cells it's totally bs and people buy them it's a streight up safety issue. I always hear people tell me they don't know anything about ecigf except they blow up. . . Glad someone Sammy had sone something to help, I hope they tie the two things together, I'm sure that's what tipped the scales towards time for the seller of fake cells. Well done sammy!

dr_rox

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad to see some action.
What is wrong with the sentence?
Samsung gets 90k - if they can collect it. Maybe judge picked that number since there were funds she had on hand + 'home'?
Wonder if that even covered Samsung legal costs?
Also, restitution should have been made to ripped-off customers.
Ebay records don't disappear like fed emails.
She should be deported and ordered to serve sentence in Mexican prison.

Faceless Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Good. That's what needs to happen. It's dangerous to sell counterfeit batteries.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Am I the only one who finds this ironic, given the clone market in the vaping industry...
I'll buy a clone battery as long as the specs are legit.
That said, selling counterfeit underspec batteries is dangerous and should be stopped..

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Samsung gets 90k - if they can collect it. Maybe judge picked that number since there were funds she had on hand + 'home'?
Wonder if that even covered Samsung legal costs?

I think the legal costs are separate and must also be paid by the loosing party.
Samsung gets 90k from her, but she also has to pay the court costs for both parties.

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I the only one who finds this ironic, given the clone market in the vaping industry...
That said, selling counterfeit underspec batteries is dangerous and should be stopped..

How do you know the specs are legit if you don't know what battery you've really got?

Number3124

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Not really. Having a cloned mod or RDA doesn't put your life at risk.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not really. Having a cloned mod or RDA doesn't put your life at risk.
When I said that I was referring to something like the vct4s wrapped by efest. If the specs are legit I consider it ironic.
That said I DON'T want things like ICRs wrapped as imrs and underspecd batteries in the hands of users....
Exactly. Im just gonna start rewrapping Energizers and telling you guys theyre the next best thing.. Im sure thats totally safe..

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How do you know the specs are legit if you don't know what battery you've really got?
You don't always.... But like I said about efest wrapping vct4s, if she was doing that and selling as Samsung I'd use them.... Just saying.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fake products and vaping go hand in hand, as long as the price is right...

VU Sponsors