Become a Patron!

Wondering about stacked 18650 tube mods

TumTumVapes

Member For 4 Years
So I am randomly getting a stacked adapter for my rigv3 from a friend. Kinda excited about it. "18650"

This is what I think I do know, I need to have a pair of married batteries. I need to alternate my batteries like top bottom bottom top.

It stacks the voltage right so im at 8.4 full.

I was reading some batteries aren't meant to be stacked I have 2 new vtc5a. Will these work.

Anything super crazy important urgent I should know.

Any building recommendations, if anyone else is familiar with stacked 18650s.

Any links with good info on stacked tubes would be great, having a hard time finding any information. never used dual battery mechanical mod "except using a friends once" like the way it hit so want to get into stacked.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good choice on the batteries. You do know that the CDR is the same as a single VTC5A so 25 Amps. The lowest you want to go is 0.34 Ohms until you know what you're doing and I would start at 0.4 Ohms. I don't have a stacked tube, but I do have some series mech boxes which is the same idea. 0.4 Ohms is plenty for me on those.

TumTumVapes

Member For 4 Years
Good choice on the batteries. You do know that the CDR is the same as a single VTC5A so 25 Amps. The lowest you want to go is 0.34 Ohms until you know what you're doing and I would start at 0.4 Ohms. I don't have a stacked tube, but I do have some series mech boxes which is the same idea. 0.4 Ohms is plenty for me on those.
Yeah the amps stay the same only thing that changes is the voltage, right? Yeah not a complete noob been vaping mech tubes for almost 2years. Understand ohms law, have a decent understanding how far I can push my single 18650s "without being crazy". Lol. Wondering if there is a difference between a series and a stacked mechanical mod.

Evileclipse

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
A series connection is one that uses a positive from one battery and the negative from the other, while connecting the other positive and negative together. A stacked tube will always be a series connection because of the nature of the orientation of the batteries in the tube. Your amp rating will only be the equivalent of one of the batteries, while pushing the voltage up. Accounting for battery sag, you will probably never see much more than 7.4-7.8 volts. I dont recommend building much lower than .4, but ymmv.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a Noisy Cricket and I usually do bud below .45 ohms. Other than that, just follow ohm's law and you'll be fine. A stacked tube mod is just a series mod. I really want one myself. Congrats!

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep track of your builds.
A series build ramps like a snail on a single tube but a single tube build (ex. .15OHM) will RIP like crazy on a series and take you by surprise possibly by catching fire, etc.

Series are fun, done it with Ables, Subzeros and Broadside Admirals. Not my cup of tea for every day carry obviously but fun nontheless and safe if you have common sense. ;)

VU Sponsors