Become a Patron!

Wondering about this Ni80 wire

Chillaxman

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello guys, so I found somebody selling Ni80 wire that contains/has a composition of 21% Chromium, 1% aluminum, 1% Carbon, 1.5% Manganese, 0.2% Silicon, 0.04% Copper, 7%-(20%?) Titanium, and especially 0.8% Iron. Is this wire okay to use? The person did say it's very clean plus machined clean during winding. I was thinking of using an iSonic Ultrasonic cleaner whatever unnecessary things needed to be cleaned to just clean the wire after it's already been made into a coil without dry firing. The person also said the wire is an Ermakov Standard, I'm not sure what he means by this and also this wire came from Russia.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
NiCr 80 is fine. Although usually, most people dry fire to tune the coil after it is mounted. Sometimes the legs shift when heat is applied and turning also gives the coil a more steady heat. (from the center out)

Chillaxman

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you for your reply! Are the compositions I listed okay though? Usually I just see Chromium, nickel, maybe even iron but theres a bunch in that wire I wanted to question. I do plan on dry firing, its just cleaning it through the ultrasonic cleaner before I dry fire it.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Normally NI80 is made up of 80% nickel and the remainder Chromium 20% although some manufactures add other elements to the mix like iron for instance and the ratios change

But to say 7-20% Titanium would not make it NI80 anymore

Chillaxman

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Normally NI80 is made up of 80% nickel and the remainder Chromium 20% although some manufactures add other elements to the mix like iron for instance and the ratios change

But to say 7-20% Titanium would not make it NI80 anymore

Thank you for the reply! Even 7% kinda makes me sketchy about the wire. I might as well get Kidney Puncher wire for Ni80 if 7% titanium in Ni80 don't make Ni80 anymore.

VU Sponsors