Become a Patron!

(Work In Progress) Gemini's Koi...I think I'm almost there

mrquackers00

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Foreword:
So I have been toying around trying to make a good version of "Koi" by Gemini. Although I wasn't
immediately impressed by the (original branded) juice, it quickly grew on me. The inhale was a smooth melon with undertones that I couldn't identify. The exhale was delicious as it transitioned that melon flavor to a sweet, creamy coconut finish. It was when I started experimenting with TFA's Honeydew that I got deja-vu
of Koi's flavor.

That said, it has been over a year since I vaped the original. The juice had a very distinct flavor that's hard to forget (in a good way). I've never tried to clone a juice myself but wanted to see how close I could get.

I plan on buying a bottle of the original soon to A/B it with this recipe. I just have to wait a few weeks before my personal allowance resets and I can checkout a few carts. It's funny how much $ you can drop when you finally make a few good juices and it motivates you to keep experimenting.

Recipe:
Koi by Gemini
  • Honeydew (TFA): 2%
  • Coconut (FA): 1.5%
  • Koolada (TFA): 0.50%
  • Watermelon (FA): 0.5%
  • Fresh Cream (FA): 0.25%
  • Orange (FA): 0.13%
  • Strawberry (FA): 0.13%
  • Lemon Sicily (FA): 0.13%
  • Fuji (FA): 0.13%
  • Pear (FA): 0.13%

Notes:
In a derringer (dual 28g micro coils @ 0.8ohm around 25w) this tastes awesome! It tastes good, but a little weak flavor-wise in a Kanger T3S (32g micro @ 1.8ohm w/ cotton). Haven't tried it in any RTAs yet.

I also made a variant of this that included Papaya (TFA) @ 0.5%. It was good, but I think it deviates from
the flavor I'm aiming for.

I have only tasted it as a shake-n-vape so no info on what the steep tastes like yet. It still feels like it's missing something though. I might play with %s to see if I can get a better balance of the flavors. Next supply order I am going to get a few other FA melons/fruits (cantaloupe, mango, etc) and see what I can do for this recipe using them as well.

Something else worth mentioning: To get small percentages without making big batches just make the flavor(s) into 10% solutions and calculate the appropriate changes when mixing. This makes experimenting in small batches easy and non-wasteful. (A good tip I once read somewhere on this forum). THE ABOVE RECIPE USES NON-DILUTED PERCENTAGES (aka: flavor %s BEFORE I made 10% solutions to measure small amounts).

VU Sponsors