Become a Patron!

Worlds First Desktop DIY E-Liquid Mixing Machine

Hey Folks!
We are in the pre-production phase of a new product that will help all of us DIY'ers create mixes much faster and tweak until we get exactly what we want. We are hoping to keep the price between $300-$500US
so everyone who is tired of the over priced vendor liquids has the ability to produce great liquid at home.

Check it out and let us know what you think!
http://www.flavormixer.com/

We are looking for feedback and if this is something the community wants.

Thanks!

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Very cool. I'm pissed though, I wanted to do invent that!

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Very cool and very nice. Price point likely too high (for me) as an individual though, for others, it might be a non-issue. However, can't help but think there is a huge market in the vape shops. Think about the in-store expresso makers at Starbucks. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice. I bet you'd have to wash it after each use though which might be time consuming.

bluraff3

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nice. I bet you'd have to wash it after each use though which might be time consuming.
That's a good point.

For a while now, I've been thinking that when I win the lottery I will hire an engineering team to create a massive juice mixing machine that could hold hundreds of flavors in large volumes and would be contained in a vacuum environment. It would also need to be self cleaning. Depending on the lotto pay out, I might make two.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Who that just mixes for themselves, could really afford this? It's a neat idea, but come on! This is built for production.

Likely the ONLY people that will buy this, are people selling juice. That's a lot of money for a machine that takes the place of beakers and syringes.

Cool as it is, I think the price point it way too much for most all DIY'ers.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting. Wish I could get my flavors for 03 cents per ml as a regular at-home DIYer:p

mike-c

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I agree on the price point. I'm getting into diy because of the money I can save. Syringes and beakers are way cheaper and reusable.

It might be a plus for vape shops, but you'd have to figure out how to have WAY more flavors involved. Maybe removable flavor tubes? Idk self cleaning would be a must though.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Some Feedback: Needs 2 large capacity bottles/hoppers for VG and PG with nic. 5 Flavors is nice, 8 would be better for complex recipes. If it's $500, it needs to have an autowash/autoflush for the system internal tubing and mixing technology, unless this thing just measures and drops the stuff into the bottle and you have to mix it (shake it) yourself. The unit also needs to be able to connect to a laptop or tablet via usb or bluetooth for recipe programming.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Finally! Someone is building this.

If this turns out to be more than pretty computer-generated images on an empty website, you've got yourself a customer.

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like others have said seems tailored for small shops that mix their own juice to sell. Not so much for home use at that price. I agree with a post above it needs a hopper for vg and pg and a hopper for nic and then maybe 5-10 bottles for flavoring. Then drop the price to make it affordable for home use. It is not affordable for home use with the prices shown above.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am probably getting the terminology wrong.

What I think would be needed (along with the other ideas here) is to have small bottles of the type that medications for injection are stored in with a pliable seal that contains the liquid that a needle can penetrate repeatedly to get access to the liquid/flavorings. That way you could have like 30 of these little and highly reusable bottles and can swap them in and out easily.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am probably getting the terminology wrong.

What I think would be needed (along with the other ideas here) is to have small bottles of the type that medications for injection are stored in with a pliable seal that contains the liquid that a needle can penetrate repeatedly to get access to the liquid/flavorings. That way you could have like 30 of these little and highly reusable bottles and can swap them in and out easily.
Good idea, ampules with self sealing stoppers. I guess you'd have to be careful of the pointy needle thingies you put the ampules on..

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Folks!
We are in the pre-production phase of a new product that will help all of us DIY'ers create mixes much faster and tweak until we get exactly what we want. We are hoping to keep the price between $300-$500US
so everyone who is tired of the over priced vendor liquids has the ability to produce great liquid at home.

Thanks!
As awesome as this looks and hopefully soon I will be a diy gal I think is slightly out of budget or like a lot out of budget. I think the diy is mainly to save money and you may not get as many sales with this price.. but that is my opinion and I am human and could be wrong

We have a preview video up for everyone interested:
http://www.flavormixer.com

Some great suggestions here, our goal is to make this affordable for everyone without having to send it overseas for production.
Again, we are still in pre-production working out the kinks and adding features.

Thanks!

LoveVanilla

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sweet! With so many klutzes in the world, one additional thought would be some kind of holder, fixture or cutouts to position and hold the bottle while dispensing. And hopefully without adding much to product cost.

Malvada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Folks!

Thanks!
It doesn't do a damn thing I can't do and leaves no room for spontaneity or imagination. Another waste of money. Big e-liquid becoming big tobacco and big tobacco is investing. Hope none of you are vaping ni200. Here lies so-in-so. Quit smoking only to die of vaping ni200 plus teach a whole generation of kids to do the same. Smoking is dead and now so is he. It's the tit's!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lots of opinions to get out in your first VU post huh? :D

Do you know what temp you have to get nickel up to for oxides to form? Know what temp TC mods go up to?

Last edited:

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This item is good for 1% of people, the other 99% have no real concept of what and why its needed and will be on here telling others why its stupid. While the ones using it will be making money and working less LOL...I love the internetz

wizzard

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That price is way to much for someone doing home mixtures. May work for a small vape shop but the price is way high for DYI at home.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
gotta stat somewhere, they never made it to outter space without a little experimenting and dreaming first. In 5 years id be intrigued to see where this goes.

One day, an ecig company and a pharmaceutical company should get together and share machines. These things exist already and would be a good way to get the mental juices flowing for the creative folks.

barbaraann72

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Very nice! Throw it on Kickstarter and get some investors.

Sent from my SM-T217T using Tapatalk

Malvada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lots of opinions to get out in your first VU post huh? :D

Do you know what temp you have to get nickel up to for oxides to form? Know what temp TC mods go up to?
No. Do you? I'm not going to take a chance. If you want to pay good money to be a guinea pig, be my guest. As for me, I'm using titanium, (which we cook with), and kanthal. The next step is stainless steal anyway. As for this mixer, I'm keeping my money. pretty soon somebody will come up with a device that will take a crap for you and sure enough people will buy it.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Over 700°, no gasses till 1000°
I vape under 450° and most of the time under 400°

Titanium takes even higher temps before any oxides form. Ti is in my next wire order but nothing to do with safety concerns... just want to try it.

Something that could crap for me would probably save me 30 minutes a day, I'd be in on that pre order :)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
wow thanks for bringing this thread to the top

i find it hilarious

that a company that has trouble with math is expected to build a machine that measures liquid acurately

THE 5 COMMERCIAL FLAVORS GIVES YOU ONLY 5 FLAVORS VS 5 BASE FLAVORS GIVES YOU INFINITE FLAVORS GRAPHIC IS SO mathematically incorrect.

its been 8 months or so
and this thing isnt available for sale yet.
but they have a V2 coming soon.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy thread resurrection, Batman!

Nice idea, but at this point too flawed to work...or at least it was almost a year ago...I'd totally buy something like this, but it would at least need to dispense my nic base, PG, VG, and my 50 or so most-used flavors, along with having a cleaning system between batches.

Do that and I'm sold as a small-scale custom mixer who blends a few liters a week in 15-50 ml increments - come up short and I might as well just stick with hand-mixing...

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Now I'm wondering what pharmaceticals have that was mentioned previously.
The reality is that eliquids mixed outside of a clean room might be a thing of the past.

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
its all just valves, tubes and a proper computer to control it all...you can make something yourself with an Arduino and a few hundred bucks. Thing is, once you make it, then you'll wanna make V2. at that point you'd be crazy not to sell it to try and recoupe your $$
1381227329_Liquid-Filling-Machine-12L_7_zps89bqk86n.jpg

af-80s_zpsjnqviuqe.jpg

images_zpseibnvnww.jpeg

and for those going ALL out....

pl1401499-glass_bottle_automatic_liquid_filling_machine_for_edible_oil_soy_sauce_8_000_48_000_bph_zpsnpijv2vc.jpg

Malvada

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Folks!

Thanks!
Another gimmick that I will not be a guinea pig for. Too much money down the toilet just so these idiots could figure out a new way too get rich off of us quitting. It's time for us to stand up to these big Tobacco wanna-bees and tell them no more!!

VU Sponsors