Become a Patron!

Worried about my Batteries

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Is there any damage to the wrap itself?

Any heat that would damage the battery itself would also be hot enough to damage the wrap.
If the wrap is undamaged, the spots might just be from a manufacturing defect.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
side note, it isn't uncommon for tiny boiling hot eliquid drips to seep between the battery and wrap, then eventually dry into dark spots.

IMAG0239.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That looks similar to what can happen with Sony batteries. I remember reading about it on another forum, it seemed to be a issue exclusive to Sony batteries and nobody was sure exactly what caused it, but the marks rubbed off easily and there was no damage to wrapping when inspected.

I wonder if MXJO use a similar wrapper, and this potentially causes these spots? I am only guessing here, but it is quite strange.

IMFire3605

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Could be condensation issues with the batteries. Used to get this a lot with my Sony batteries when super sub-ohming, especially during wet and cold seasons. Batteries getting a little to warm then when they cooled moisture would condense between battery and wrapper. Also if juice is seeping down from an atomizer down into the mech you'll get this as well.

Is there any damage to the wrap itself?

Any heat that would damage the battery itself would also be hot enough to damage the wrap.
If the wrap is undamaged, the spots might just be from a manufacturing defect.

The wrap seems fine, im pretty sure that battery is one of the two newest that i have, which means i probably bought them no less than 6 months ago.
But with all the recent "mxjo's are rewrapped cells" talk, i was concerned it may have been a used cell.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The wrap seems fine, im pretty sure that battery is one of the two newest that i have, which means i probably bought them no less than 6 months ago.
But with all the recent "mxjo's are rewrapped cells" talk, i was concerned it may have been a used cell.
When we mention rewrapped cells we mean MXJO and EFest etc don't make their own batteries. They buy cells from Samsung, Sony, or LG that didn't meet their QC tests. They put their own wrappers on them and inflate the specs. In most cases you actually pay more for MXJO or EFest than you would for an authentic Sony, Samsung, or LG. Do you trust your hands and face to a rewrapped reject???

VU Sponsors