Worst Flavors from Vendors

Discussion in 'DIY Reviews (flavorings / nic base / suppliers)' started by flowerpots, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Ace

Ace Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
  2. Mr Joshua

Mr Joshua Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    So far for me nature's flavors pear, it was just like some perfumed lotion, in look and I did dare to taste it. It was so opaque and bad I really wonder if it was just the wrong thing in the bottle like maybe something meant to add to a soap base or lotion, because I have heard some say NF pear is okay...ah well.

3. VH fan

VH fan

Blog Posts:

Yup , here's the most unfortunate thing about it , many flavors that some people will dry heave over are another persons missing ingredient for their personal favorite vape or recipe.

So just because a few people hate it DOES NOT mean you won't love it or that flavor is not worth trying if it appeals to you , since flavoring comes in tiny bottles and cost peanuts anything is worth a try.

flowerpots, Delion and VapingJunkie like this.
  4. Delion

Delion Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I have to agree with flowerpot and VH Fan, as I have read in many different places, some are super tasters with way more active taste buds then some of us have and some of us have a very little tasting ability, granted since I quit smoking analogs I am getting to the point i can taste things alot better, some of us can vape things super tasters dislike, and some super tasters can taste flavors in a mix that those of us with little tasting ability can not.
    2 Examples
    TFA M-Type I know a few people who love this flavor as it reminds them of a true analog and that is what they love about it. Whereas others I know can not even taste this stuff without gagging.

555 Mixes, I love 555's but my wife hates them with a passion, she tastes a chemical undertone and aftertaste on every bottle of 555 she has ever tried and even if she didn't know she was tasting a 555 in blind taste testing. She tastes flavors in things and can name them that, I for the life of me can not even taste.

So in the end, what some of us might like others may not, what others may like we may not.

Myself, I have a small issue with TFA Honey there is just something a bit wrong with that one in my tasting, but then it may be my taste buds saying nah NEXT.

Rin Vapes likes this.
  5. VapingHippie

VapingHippie

Blog Posts:
    Flavor west Bacon, I vaped some the other day at work, I work for a Vape shop and I had some that was mixed up as a stand alone. At first you taste crispy fried Bacon a and the more you Vape it, the more it begins to taste like burning tire.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
    flowerpots, fq06 and cherrycakes like this.
  6. Barbara E.

Barbara E. VU Donator Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I use TFA's Caramel Cappucino is several recipes. I love it but it does need to be used in tiny amounts (no more than 0.5%). Seriously, no more than that. TFA's tiramisu is the same way - good in very tiny amounts.

If you go to the TFA website, you'll see that 'Black Honey' and 'Black Honey Tobacco' are the same flavor. It's very perfumy when freshly mixed but if you let it sit at least a month, it becomes quite good. (Yes, it takes at least a month.)

There are several flavors from different vendors that I just can't stand. FA's blackberry is the one that immediately springs to mind. TFA's pear is another. Ugh. Bad, bad, bad.

I don't like TFA's pineapple (ruined several juices until I discovered Capella's version) nor their boysenberry. Capella's vanilla custard version 2 tastes off to me.

flowerpots likes this.
  7. BigNasty

BigNasty Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    As a stand alone Black honey tobacco reminds me of some clearance area stale tobacco. Not sure I could leave it for a month without vaping it... mixed was not bad it had a flat note to it.

8. cherrycakes

cherrycakes Gold Contributor

Blog Posts:
    TFA Blueberry candy is fucking horrible.

flowerpots likes this.
  9. cherrycakes

Blog Posts:
    It really is. It's gotten to the point where even though I love lychee I hate lychee flavor juice

Cramptholomew likes this.
  10. cherrycakes

Blog Posts:

my brother in law only wanted to vape bacon flavored ejuice. I had to make it for him. It smelled so bad I refused to even try

11. BigNasty

Blog Posts:
    Oh I have been known to demolish real lychee like a mad man.
    Some lychee candies also. Had a mishap of some guava candies... they were good but had a panic attack the next day.
    Lychee jellies in bubble tea.. NUMMY!

But all the lychee juices I have tried have left me with a headache or gagging.

cherrycakes likes this.
  12. cherrycakes

Blog Posts:
    Exactly!
    Why can't it taste like real lychee :(

13. Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    You both should try my Maiden of the Moon recipe. It's in the recipe section.

14. BigNasty

Blog Posts:
    I hope it is made from someone who knows what real Lychee tastes like not what artificial lychee tastes like.

Oh will add this flavor to the list of WTF IS THAT??

FA Zen Garden..you would think ahh a nice relaxing cup of green tea flavor.....THINK AGAIN!!
    I get mexican skank weed, dirt and pine needles.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    cherrycakes likes this.
  15. Cramptholomew

Cramptholomew Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    You should try my Agua Fresca recipe...

Also, I know what real lychee tastes like, but I also know where to stick the fake stuff.

flowerpots and cherrycakes like this.
  16. cherrycakes

Blog Posts:

yea zen garden has to be mixed with shit otherwise it tastes like a pine tree

17. FL_David

FL_David Bronze Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Still at the top of my worst list is the King of worst, Apollo's Cappuccino that I bought on a clearance sale. I love to drink cappuccino, but to this day almost 9 months later I have yet to buy anyone's cappuccino flavor.

It tasted like burnt coffee, not just old coffee, more like coffee that sat on the burner too long to form a crust, cools then new coffee is made on top of that and about half way down with the "fresh" sitting a few more hours because no one wants to clean the pot. Then, someone like me comes along needing coffee real badly and failing to do the sniff test takes a big mouth full of the swill. That kind of burnt coffee taste.

That's pretty bad, but wait there is more. Add chunky sour milk to finish off the vaping experience.
    I have placed a cappuccino flavor in my cart a few times only to delete it during the final review of my order.

One of these days I'll get over it and refresh my memory with a good cappuccino to enjoy.

18. MrScaryZ

MrScaryZ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    DK Rytual ist smells like a babys diaper and when you vape it it smells like 12 day old piss horrid
    Flavor west - Cherry Blossom tobacco I do not know what this sad attemp was its like vaping lysol

19. MrScaryZ

MrScaryZ VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I need to make a new batch I have a 4oz bottle good idea to for my vape tonight have you ever mixed anything with Black Honey

20. Rin Vapes

Rin Vapes Silver Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Aww. I like TFA Blueberry Candy.
    I agree with the one poster about the FA Pineapple. I don't smell all the flavors before using them (seems that is a good thing) but after steeping for about a week, I get a funky aftertaste in anything it's in. I used it at 1-2%. Made no difference.
    Also, pretty much any tobacco from Flavour Art. I think they're all awful with the exception of Royal. Royal is a weird flavor but I do enjoy it. Mellow Sunset tasted like stale chips and salsa. Dark Vapure was among the same lines but add cocoa. Good tobacco flavors are the hardest to find

21. vaporchaos

vaporchaos Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    sub zero from halo. Disgusting

22. DarthVaper419

DarthVaper419 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Raspberry by tfa

Smells and tastes like straight acetone. No matter what I try, and how little I use, nail polish remover is all I get from this flavor

Smokachino, SteveS45 and flowerpots like this.
  23. SteveS45

SteveS45 Platinum Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    This thread needs a bump

[​IMG]

24. jambi

jambi Bronze Contributor Member For 1 Year ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    TFA DX Caramel. I've treid every Caramel I could get my hands on. This is the worst of the worst...Ironic, being that TFA Caramel Original is my hands down favorite.

VegasVape and SteveS45 like this.
  25. Barbara E.

Blog Posts:
    I have yet to find a DX flavor that matches up to the original.

VegasVape, jambi and SteveS45 like this.
  26. VegasVape

VegasVape New Member

Blog Posts:
    It is potent. But I found a recipe called Swagger (a clone of a Pink Spot blend) that really hits the spot (for me). It only calls for 1.4%, and needs plenty of steep time. But it's worth it.

hazozita likes this.
  27. Navymr

Navymr Bronze Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Inawara wild strawberry. 1 drop in 30mil of other strawberry ruined a whole bottle of juice. Gag me

28. VinceV1

VinceV1 Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Used with a low percentage M-Type brings a nutty warmth to any tobacco mix.

29. Just Frank

Just Frank Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    They call this a lychee, don't they? Lychee, mmm. It's tasty and exotic.

30. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    In my first order I got TFA-Pancake and TFA-Maple. I thought it was a good idea to mix 8% of BOTH in a bottle. You know pancakes gotta have that surp! Gross. Lol

jambi likes this.
  31. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    I used TFA-Pecan once. Im thinking that its only supposed to be used at .25-.5% or something. I used it at 3-4 and that was an unpleasant eye-opener.

32. Mykreign

Mykreign Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year

Blog Posts:
    Tfa apple candy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33. Hillbilly Pig

Hillbilly Pig Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    TFA blue raspberry, I know I have complained enough about it, but any flavor that ruins your mixes and can turn you off DIY deserves to be complained about.
    FA clove, it lacks anything resembling the real flavor to me.
    CSL rainbow candy,, more disappointment than anything else, I had heard some good stuff about it, but it was pretty lame to me. It tasted mostly of just lemon with a very faint strawberry taste, perhaps some more trial and error but I'm not holding out for it.

jambi likes this.
  34. jambi

Blog Posts:
    TFA Pancake, dirtiest, nastiest flavor I've ever met.
    FA Cocoa, nearly as dirty. Flavor itself is...workable, but vaping something with so much sediment feels more like smoking.
    INW Rhubarb, its ghost will haunt your equipment forever.
    Health Cabin Sweet Corn, I thought I was being all unique and shit ordering this flavor. It's so strong it'll have you tasting corncobs for a month. My kitchen drain still hasn't fully recovered from its..."demise".
    TFA Ripe Banana, less for its flavor, more for its acid-like properties. This flavor killed my old plastic tank Kayfuns. It even etched its own bottle.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  35. Barbara E.

Blog Posts:
    I disagree regarding the INW Rhubarb - it's a great flavor in tiny, tiny quantities. It's very strong. At maybe two drops per 30 ml. and mixed with something (strawberry?), it's excellent.

RonJS and jambi like this.
  36. jambi

Blog Posts:
    Yeah, I used it at 0.20%, in a recipe called Trancinator, and it left a lasting impression. The whole thing just tasted like old celery. I believe you though, and am willing to give it another go if you're willing to toss me a recipe!

It may just be that I'm not going to get along with that flavor. People rave about FA Billberry, but to me it smells like fermented dirty feet. It vapes well, but I can't get past that odor. Koolada is another one. I'm super sensitive to that flavor, and I don't get cooling from it, I get something very chemical, "petroleum refinery" is the best I can describe it.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  37. Just Frank

Blog Posts:
    Mine came in a clear 10ML bottle. The liquid is black. I was like wtf? Oh well still tried it. It was so, so bad lol.

jambi likes this.