Become a Patron!

wotofo heatsinks

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Where to buy them or something like it that has less voltage drop.

TwistedVaper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone know if you can use those heat sinks on a hybrid top cap that makes a direct connection from the RDA to battery?

eKo Vapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone know if you can use those heat sinks on a hybrid top cap that makes a direct connection from the RDA to battery?
Not sure but I will try tomorrow when I go to the shop and find out. Also I have them for sale for $7.99 and they are wotofo. Let me know if you are interested. Also I tested the resistance on my coil and it was .26 with or without the heat sink.

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Heatsinks will give you a significant amount of voltage drop on their own; however, it probably won't be enough to be noticeable, unless you're doing some really crazy building and want the absolute best vapour production. If you can find one that is either copper, or is silver/nickel plated, you might be sitting pretty low with voltage drop.

eKo Vapors

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not sure but I will try tomorrow when I go to the shop and find out. Also I have them for sale for $7.99 and they are wotofo. Let me know if you are interested. Also I tested the resistance on my coil and it was .26 with or without the heat sink.
I tried a wotofo with a Smpl mod today and it would not work. I am not entirely sure why but it just wouldn't.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, if the 510 pin protrudes 1mm or more.

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I tried a wotofo with a Smpl mod today and it would not work. I am not entirely sure why but it just wouldn't.
You're lucky it didn't short the battery. I almost a wotofo on my SMPL, but I noticed the positive contact was almost flush with the threads. Not looking for a short lol.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The problem is, the pin protrudes too much. With atomizers that have an almost-flush center pin in the first place, the Wotofo heatsink's pin can't reach the atomizer's pin.

The way to fix this is:

- Remove the heatsink's pin (it readily slides out from the bottom)
- With a 4.5mm drillbit, enlarge the heatsink's insulator from the bottom, 1 to 2mm deep
- Reinstall the heatsink's pin. Now it should sit flush wih the threaded socket

With the extra clearance, the heatsink's pin should make contact with any atomizer. How deep you drill out the heatsink's insulator isn't critical: the pin won't sit any lower than the atomizer on top would allow. In other words, the heatsink will "replicate" the atomizer's pin depth, and you won't get any short provided the atomizer alone doesn't short out.

I get zero added resistance from my Wotofo heatsinks, by the way.

VU Sponsors