Become a Patron!

Wotofo recurve rda by Mike Vapes

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@stanglifemike make sure you update the firmware if you have/get a pulse 80w. They just released it last week and DJLSB says it made the TC much better and it has some new features and menu controls to make it easier to work. Vaping w/ Vic gave the TC high marks but I am honestly not very impressed by it so I am just using it in power mode. Vaping mech squonks for the past 6 or 8 months made me realize I actually prefer power mode over TC now.

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@fozzy71 Yea, maybe it is just a short BF pin in the them. I watched Tony's video about the update. I'm glad the fire button works in stealth mode after updating! Tomorrow I may go to the shop with both the Pulse 80 and the Rage, and try to figure out which to get. I'm kinda leaning towards the Rage right now

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
That's exactly what I thought!! It could just be the lighting and angle of the camera, but in the photo it looks like they were designed and manufactured by the same company and packaged together in a kit.

Thanks fellas, I love the Dreamer. I have the copper one for low dual coil builds, and wanted a single coil for the stainless steel, but not too many options in single coil 24mm. Saw the recurve and thought those curves matched the curves of the dreamer. Really like they made it 24mm with a 22mm deck and condensed chamber.

I like a lightly restricted lung hit, wide open the recurve is about perfect for me, and is super smooth. The multiple holes seems to kill all turbulence like the way they get laminar flow for a wind tunnel.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and I swapped the shittyest screws ever used in an atty out for grubs from one of my boreas decks. WTF were they thinking with those things?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh, and I swapped the shittyest screws ever used in an atty out for grubs from one of my boreas decks. WTF were they thinking with those things?
oh nice, this is great to know. I have at least half a dozen boreas' I no longer use.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the Boreas thread it is a M2.5x3mm grub. If you don't use a fat wire, I would get some that are 4 to 4.5mm long.
I might pick some up anyway just cuz there is more screw in the post than the threads but it holds a 28g tri core fused just fine. Simple round wire, maybe, maybe not.

Last edited:

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In the Boreas thread it is a M2.5x3mm grub. If you don't use a fat wire, I would get some that are 4 to 4.5mm long.
I might pick some up anyway just cuz there is more screw in the post than the threads but it holds a 28g tri core fused just fine. Simple round wire, maybe, maybe not.
thanks, I run fat SS triple or quad core fused claptons from AVS in mine so it sounds like I should be OK.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FYI @stanglifemike my issues with the Pulsel 80w 510 pin not making connection with some of my RDA mentioned earlier in this threads is specific to only one of my 2 pulse boxes. All my RDA work fine on the all black carbon fiber box but the one with the red lava resin doors won't make connection with my DR SQ, Recurve or Athena. I sent a email to myvpro just now to see if they will replace it or if I have to deal with VV warranty. If I do have to deal with VV's warranty the good news is they have a warranty facility not far from me, in fact it is in the same city as myvpro I think.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
FYI @stanglifemike my issues with the Pulsel 80w 510 pin not making connection with some of my RDA mentioned earlier in this threads is specific to only one of my 2 pulse boxes. All my RDA work fine on the all black carbon fiber box but the one with the red lava resin doors won't make connection with my DR SQ, Recurve or Athena. I sent a email to myvpro just now to see if they will replace it or if I have to deal with VV warranty. If I do have to deal with VV's warranty the good news is they have a warranty facility not far from me, in fact it is in the same city as myvpro I think.
Goid luck dealing with Vandy Vape.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've gotten two of them and I love them. Almost edges out the Wasp as my favorite atty that I own. DR SQ comes in somewhere around the pulse 22 and Ghoul.

0XssvBw.jpg

rDnwJnB.jpg

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I've gotten two of them and I love them. Almost edges out the Wasp as my favorite atty that I own. DR SQ comes in somewhere around the pulse 22 and Ghoul.

0XssvBw.jpg

rDnwJnB.jpg
Wow, I'm shocked you think the Ghoul and DR SQ have similar flavor! Most people like the Ghoul but not the DR SQ. The Ghoul has great flavor, but I can't stand the airflow. I'd use the Ghoul a lot more if it had better airflow. The airflow is fine on the DR SQ, but it lacks in the flavor department. Like most people, I haven't been able to get decent flavor from the DR SQ no matter what I've tried.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow, I'm shocked you think the Ghoul and DR SQ have similar flavor! Most people like the Ghoul but not the DR SQ. The Ghoul has great flavor, but I can't stand the airflow. I'd use the Ghoul a lot more if it had better airflow. The airflow is fine on the DR SQ, but it lacks in the flavor department. Like most people, I haven't been able to get decent flavor from the DR SQ no matter what I've tried.

I fully attribute it to weak or lack of sophisticated taste buds. With the same coil build to me the flavor on both Ghoul and SQ is good but very similar. Oddly I prefer the airflow slightly on the ghoul. My only issue with the ghoul so far is over Squonking. I'm horrible at making it over squonk. To be fair i've only had it for 2 days and don't vape it much.

Don29palms

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Looks interesting, but too figity and complex for my tiny brain. I'm sure many would like something like this, but it's look dual coil. Single is more my preferred vape.
It's setup for single and dual coil and it really is alot easier than the reviews make it look. I'm a dual coil person but I tried it with a single coil first. It wasn't bad but I do like dual coils better. What really suprised me was how good the flavor is.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I meant to ask earlier, but what color is your Pulse 80? I've seen some of the colors listed as different names on websites.

that looks like my 'lava red' from myvpro but his panel has a lot more red than mine does

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
OK...so I initially didn't like the Recurve, as it seemed flavor was "meh" and airflow too restricted for me.
Then I got this new mod that it was gonna look good on, so I rebuilt it - and it got much better - I am pretty certain I didn't have the holes lined up - it is VERY hard to tell if they are! Now, flavor still not world class, but at least it's an enjoyable draw - kind of "whooshy" but plenty of air for me.
And it looks REAL good on my latest fancy-box, lol...
half-recurve-2.jpg half-recurve-3.jpg

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
OK...so I initially didn't like the Recurve, as it seemed flavor was "meh" and airflow too restricted for me.
Then I got this new mod that it was gonna look good on, so I rebuilt it - and it got much better - I am pretty certain I didn't have the holes lined up - it is VERY hard to tell if they are! Now, flavor still not world class, but at least it's an enjoyable draw - kind of "whooshy" but plenty of air for me.
View attachment 113453 View attachment 113454

Have you tried a 510 with it train?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I prefer big fat 810 tips...unless I HAVE to, and then it's usually an "only when I want a tighter draw" atty...
I like the Recurve tip quite a bit actually...
I even screw around getting 810 tips in rda's that aren't made for one (like Flave and Entheon - haven't found a way for a Haku yet).

Have you tried a 510 with it train?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like the Recurve tip quite a bit actually...
me too, I put the 2 spares I have on other RDAs that I have in the daily rotation so now 4 of my 6 mods in rotation have recurve tips. When they start selling them I will probably be ordering some more for better matchy matchy.

Goid luck dealing with Vandy Vape.
myvpro is making it right and sending me a new one to replace the one with the wonky 510.

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
@fozzy71 i have a recurve rda and i have been vaping dual coils now for years 80/20 do i need to go back to like a 60/40 to get the flavor enjoyment from this rda i usually vape around. 07- .09 on my mechs, going back to a single coil after all this time hasn't worked for me could that be it?

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@fozzy71 i have a recurve rda and i have been vaping dual coils now for years 80/20 do i need to go back to like a 60/40 to get the flavor enjoyment from this rda i usually vape around. 07- .09 on my mechs, going back to a single coil after all this time hasn't worked for me could that be it?
I haven't vaped dual coil in 6 or 8 months so I can't really say and I only vape 70/30 (80vg or higher caused chest tightness). I have been vaping my recurves, and other single coil rda, between 0.15 and 0.25 ohms but was actually planning to try one or two of my next builds up around 0.35 to see how it is.

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I haven't vaped dual coil in 6 or 8 months so I can't really say and I only vape 70/30 (80vg or higher caused chest tightness). I have been vaping my recurves, and other single coil rda, between 0.15 and 0.25 ohms but was actually planning to try one or two of my next builds up around 0.35 to see how it is.
Thanks I'll give it a try

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
RonMack, are you using a robust coil like a tri-core fused or framed staple coil? Or a basic round wire build?
I found it best with a 3.5mm ID tri-core @ 0.25 ohm for regulated and framed staple around 0.15 ohm for a mech. All with 20700 cells.
Coil placement about as low as I can get it.
Just my two cents.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh my bad, my recurves have only been vaped on regulated devices. mike vapes said he builds his recurves with fancy tri core fused around 0.15 on mechs IIRC.

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
oh my bad, my recurves have only been vaped on regulated devices. mike vapes said he builds his recurves with fancy tri core fused around 0.15 on mechs IIRC.
Thanks I'll make one up tonight, and try it at 3.5 inner diameter

stanglifemike

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
3mm is the biggest ID I've used in the Recurve, but there's plenty of room on either side. So it looks like 3.5mm ID will fit just fine

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah 3mm looks much better i'll try 3mm first, 3.5 may need more air than this will allow.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course, try what you want, but there is plenty of room for a 3.5mm coil and it gets the coil closer to the air holes improving flavor.

20180629_191133.jpg

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hey guys thank you really, i truly appreciate your help, i started out on a Kayfun lite, soon moved over to RDA's and I'm just now trying to go back to a single coil i started vaping in 2011 and the support in this vape life with the forum's and groups are un surpassed.

WotofoOfficial

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Challenge Sponsor
View attachment 113453 View attachment 113454
How about a 22 mm cap for the Recurve . I think the flavor will be much better .
Thx for your support&advice, Sir

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I am loving the recurve, similar air flow and draw as the entheon, similar flavor as the entheon, but a lot less expensive and I like the drip tip better.

My wife likes mine so much I had to order her one along with a pulse 80w exactly like the combo I just got.

The coil lead tool it comes with is very handy for getting leg length right, but I do find the overall flavor and experience to be better with a 3.5mm id coil. At least with the simple round wire nichrome build I am using.

How do like the included coils?
I tried one and surprisingly I was impressed, I normally don't care for cheap fancy coils, but other than a slower ramp up than my simple coil, the flavor was good and vaping was smooth and spit back free.

RonMack

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I put a 24g N80 parallel build in my Recurve 3mm inner 4 wrap and now i like it, ive noticed that the flavor changes depending on your flavor profile, bakery vapes sometime require a different build than fruit vapesto really shine, I have fused claptons and ailien claptons in some of my RDA's and parallel builds in others I'm going back to the RDA's that i didn't like and trying other builds and I'm having a good experience with that

VU Sponsors