Wotofo Sapor

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys!

Just got my Wotofo Sapor in.

Heard some mixed reviews about this little RDA.

Have to say though, I love it!

Put in some 26awg SS twisted dual coil. 9 wraps 3mm ID and it is throwing serious clouds and flavour at 90W

I also had a mutation x v4 and I must say I'm not loving it. I know it's more of a cloud chasing rda and I'm all about the flavour so maybe not my best move.

Just curious about any other's experiences with the sapor and the mxv4?

Any cool builds, good/bad experiences?

Like I said, I am LOVING the Sapor. Great purchase!

How do you guys feel?

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sapor
Vector
SUCCUBUS
The mxv4 has too much shit that is not necessary for an RDA.. They could've just made a simple top airflow RDA but nope they went extreme!! And put side airflow slots and a button airflow wtf!! WHY??
but yeah the SAPOR is great, as long as you don't over drip it's legit
Twisted dual 26 g?? Damn that sounds legit

Vape On

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah MXV4 just too much to mess with.
Can't get a nice vape off it at all.

I'm getting a lovely rich, thick vapour with my setup in the Sapor and really can't replicate that on the MXV4

On the MXV4 I've got dual 26 g SS about 10 wraps and even at 120w it's nowhere near what I want it to be.

Any comments about any of the other wotofo range? Troll? Freakshow? Atty3?

I think wotofo have got a new fan in me!

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Leakshow... I like the flavor from that one but like some other bottom airflow toppers it leaves a mess on your mod. Sapor is on my list of toppers to get. I have the hastur (like the sapor) and it's a great atty but I want to try a true top airflow atty. Hastur is top flow in that it doesn't have side holes to leak from but the air hits the side of the coil.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Love my MX4, theres nothing to compare that matches for flavor testing....For every day carry I wouldnt suggest it though. I would suggest a Geekvaoe Tsunami, Stro Mini, or Baal V3 for everyday carry.

Attachments

• Mutation X4 Aliens Colored.jpg
    Mutation X4 Aliens Colored.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Stro Mini.jpg
    Stro Mini.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 25

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I will probably eventually get a Sapor. I'm finding myself really liking top-flow RDAs best.

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Love my MX4, theres nothing to compare that matches for flavor testing....For every day carry I wouldnt suggest it though. I would suggest a Geekvaoe Tsunami, Stro Mini, or Baal V3 for everyday carry.

Weirdly enough, I'm having problems with a lack of flavour from the mx4 lol but loving it from the sapor.

So what coil builds would you suggest for a more flavourful mx4 build?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Weirdly enough, I'm having problems with a lack of flavour from the mx4 lol but loving it from the sapor.

So what coil builds would you suggest for a more flavourful mx4 build?
Nothing less then some Fused Claptons...
I do find it odd that your getting better flavor from a indirect airflow then a direct airflow...

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
The Sapor is a great little atty. I have two of them. Great flavor even when using the chuff tip and wide open air. Those are my testers for my DIY concoctions... The best thing about them is they don't cost an arm and leg like a lot of authentics do.

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nothing less then some Fused Claptons...
I do find it odd that your getting better flavor from a indirect airflow then a direct airflow...

Yeah, makes sense. Well tbh I started with the same builds on both attys to test them out, Sapor won it for me.

Okay so I don't have fused claptons or any idea how to make them.

I have clapton wire, kanthal, nickel, nichrome, titanium and stainless steel. All 26awg.

I used claptons originally but the vape was too hot for me. To get any vapour and flavour I had to slam the watts up to 100+ and it was way too hot and killing my chest...

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Sapor is a great little atty. I have two of them. Great flavor even when using the chuff tip and wide open air. Those are my testers for my DIY concoctions... The best thing about them is they don't cost an arm and leg like a lot of authentics do.

Yep! Cheap as chips and works like a dream! What could be bad about that, right?

11thcup

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Sapor was my first, and is still my only RDA. I really can't comment on how it compares to any other RDAs, but it's served me well as my all day every day vape for a few months now. My nautilus mini and Delta ii still make appearances from time to time, especially the nautilus when I'm in a mtl mood. But the Sapor is what's on my mod 99%of the time.

I know you're already enjoying the Sapor, but since no one has mentioned it, coil position can make a big difference.
I like to put them in close to the posts, enough that they can actually sit partially above the air inlets. There's plenty of space there for plain wire coils at 2.5mm inner diameter, and even twisted with thinner gauges.
What I think this does is force more air to come up from under the coils, and more even airflow across the coils in general.
And it seems to stop the whistling.

It seems odd that in a"top airflow " RDA, you'd build for the air to come from below the coils, but you can, and its worth a try. It's how I've gotten my best flavor out of this atty with simple builds, which are all I do because they work and I am, at heart, a lazy man.

Tl;Dr Sapor good. Glad op likes.

altovey88

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Glad you're enjoying your Sapor!

I didn't think to try placing my coils that high, I'll have a go at it next time I'm tinkering around with it!

Thanks for the input =)

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Initial thoughts and impressions on the Sapor, along with a superficial comparison to the Vector.

I've read many pros and cons regarding the Sapor. The cons mainly consisting of people experiencing build quality issues. But I've seen more praise than jeers, especially lately, and two of the guys I know that work behind the counters at LVS' swear by theirs. So, yesterday, on the way home, I pulled the trigger on one.

Build quality on mine seems fine, at least out-of-the-box. Put in a pair of Kanthal coils: Six turns of 24 ga. at 3mm. Came out to 0.32Ω. Wicked with Elfwick. Juiced with Mystic PB Parfait. Running my eVic-VTC Mini at 45W. Have the airflow about 1/4 to 1/3 open to get the draw resistance I like, and am using the smaller included drip tip.

Vape starts out cool, finishes warm. Good cloud production without being excessive. Dense vapour. Quite flavourful. Very easy to drip, and, more-importantly, to see if it needs dripping. Some people don't care for the aesthetics of the larger diameter of the top, but that sure makes it easier to remove and replace, which is kind of important with a dripper.

Only cons, so far: I would wish the body of the RDA fit a bit more snugly to the deck. The included 510 drip tip adaptor seems a bit tight for 510 drip tips. I just went ahead and used the smaller included drip tip.

Compared to my Vector RDA: The Vector is obviously way more nicely-made. The two aren't even in the same league, really. This is not a slam on the Sapor, however, but more a testament to the beauty of the Vector's build. Vape-wise: It's harder to judge. Yes: I get a lot more taste from the Vector, but I suspect that might be, at least in part, due to the fact that vaping the Vector is a bit like getting your e-juice fix with a straw. If there's any amount of juice in the Vector's well, you're going to get liquid with your vapour, even with the screen in place.

Tonight I'll try to do an A:B comparison between the Sapor and my Marquis (clone). The Marquis has been one of my more flavourful RDAs, and I was last vaping the same juice with it.

VU Sponsors