Become a Patron!

Wotofo Serpent Elevate RTA Review by KingPin! (inc. Wicking Guide)

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hi Folks

Top airflow and single coil atomisers have arguable dominated the review landscape this year, I imagine this latest RTA is one of the last hurrah’s we’ll see before the herd shifts onto pastures new for 2019. I wonder where the trends will shift?

...Squonking is here to stay, and single coils go hand in hand….so that’s covered, although we might very well see some shift back to dual battery squonkers and dual coil RDA’s.

Pre made coil sub ohm tanks are continually narrowing the gap compared with rebuildables so expect more of that until they fine tune mesh as far as it’ll go.

I expect we are going to be largely influenced by what’s happening in politics, so maybe smaller lower wattage closed pod devices are where things are headed for 2019….boooooo!

One thing that is certain is we will continue to see household names in the review circuit release products in whatever pasture the herd takes us to... and on that note before we leave the field; Matt, otherwise known as Suck My Mod (SMM) has released the new Serpent Elevate in collaboration with Wotofo.

By my reckoning this must be the 8th serpent from Wotofo, let’s see:
  • Serpent RTA
  • Serpent Sub ohm
  • Serpent Mini RTA
  • Serpent Alto
  • Serpent RDTA
  • Serpent BF RDA
  • Serpent SMM
  • Serpent Elevate
No doubt I’ve missed one, but that’s a lot of Serpent’s, the Hydra itself would be impressed with this sort of regrowth rate! Despite the number, and by sheer coincidence this is the very first Serpent I’ve tried….I know, I know…call myself a reviewer <scoff>, but we’ve all got to start somewhere right? So I apologise in advance I cannot compare to the SMM I’m afraid.

So without further ado and in obligatory tradition Wotofo kindly sent me the Serpent Elevate RTA for the once over. As always I don’t like to make recommendations in my reviews, instead I’ll present you with my findings to help bolster your research should you be interested in the product.

(Please note: photos appear normal size when logged in)

Specification Overview & What’s in the box
  • Visible Height: 48mm
  • Diameter: 24mm at the base (27mm with bubble glass)
  • Capacity: 4.5ml with bubble tank (3.5ml with straight glass) *see my notes in the review
  • Thread length 4.57mm (gold plated positive pin)
  • Construction: 304 Stainless Steel and Glass Construction
  • Drip Tip (Stock is Resin & Spare is Polycarbonate (PC) both 810 – Tapered Bore 6mm > 8.5mm)
  • Refill Port: 2 (kidney style 8.7 x 2.5mm)
  • Airflow Slots: 2 (10.4 x 1.4mm)
  • Chimney Bore: 5mm
  • Post distance for coil width: 6.9mm
  • Post distance for coil length: 9.1mm
  • Deck depth for coils: 4.1mm
  • Airflow on Deck: Bottom and Side
  • Wicking hole Size: 7.6mm x 2.15mm
Product Information: https://www.wotofo.com/products/wotofo-serpent-elevate-rta#

Available Colours: Black, Stainless, Blue, Gun Metal, Rainbow, Gold

Impressions, Build Quality & Assembly

The first thing to note before we start off, and the reason why I’m a little late to the party reviewing this tank. The versions seen within this review are the final retail packs, Wotofo held back because they wanted to make sure I got the glass bubble tank which has been swapped for the previous PMMA variant (it had reports of cracking using citric, menthol juices) so ignore what you probably all read/saw with earlier reviews on this part as it’s now been changed.

In addition you’ll have more goodies inside the pack including Cotton, Framed Staples (N80), Spare drip tip, bubble glass*, Screwdriver, Allen key, 510 adaptor, spare slotted screws, O-Rings, Coil measuring and cutting tool, instruction book…This is probably the largest number of spares I have seen in a pack this year across all of my reviews, outstanding offerings Wotofo!

B8976D1C-931E-4112-B303-5B88A71B71F3.jpeg

Finally just to note; there are 3 package types to buy for the Serpent Elevate depending on where you buy it…

1. UK Only TPD – only a 2mm Straight Glass in the pack, Shops will offer the 4.5mm bubble glass separately when buying.

2. Other TPD countries. This pack comes with a 3.5ml straight glass and detachable tube to make the tank 2ml. The pack also includes the 4.5ml bubble glass.

3. The version I have, and what’s available for the rest of market is a 3.5mm straight glass, and 4.5ml bubble glass.

Just goes to show how utterly stupid TPD is, and just adds unnecessary costs the industry for different packages, even the EU members states don’t bother doing the same thing as each other!

So with that lot out of the way let’s start with the drip tips; they are almost identical in terms of height, diameter and bore, the main difference will be the material (Resin or PC). I actually prefer the frosted PC tip, it goes well with the matte paintwork and is more comfortable on the lips.

14B8D74C-6F08-4774-A0BE-6B2C9B63B9C4.jpeg 81EB3C9F-9CC4-44EC-AD37-8CC75C647727.jpeg

It’s unusual to see 810 tips with a bore size more akin to that found on a 510, however for the first time this year (out of all the top airflows I’ve seen and reviewed) this is the first release to be mindful of the smaller 5mm chimney, top marks there Matt and Wotofo. The question is do I like the tip options on offer? Hmmm personally being they are almost identical, I’d rather have seen a spare 510 in the pack, and would have used a 510 exclusively, but these two are certainly functional (plus I have the 510 adaptor to use my own).

Proportion wise the tank is actually a little larger than the popular Augvape Intake, but it doesn’t look it because Matt & Wotofo went for a thinner top cap, plus they didn’t cheat by squashing the drip to a pointless smear. Sadly though the Serpent Elevate loses that awesome quarter twist bayonet top cap, adopting instead the “keep going son, you’ll eventually undo it” approach.

A085DBDB-5724-4688-BD71-239AEC3D25B0.jpeg

…when you do finally get the cap undone (which I must say has very smooth threading) you are presented by two smaller kidney shaped fill ports. Ordinarily I’d overlook such and obstacle, however the chamber assembly is positioned close to these openings which makes refilling with wider twist top nozzles a tad tricky. Don’t get me wrong it can be done, but a certain amount of finesse is required or you will get juice overspill. At least they have located the O-Ring securing the airflow ring at the top as it will help reduce juice getting underneath it if you happen to have an accident.

C1E595DA-DD9D-4E9E-BFE4-DADA192D0DFA.jpeg 035F6FDC-1877-473D-AFFD-B3E3E153AEB2.jpeg

Next up is fit and finish, I didn’t experience the glass sticking with first disassembly, and everything fits together flush, except that is the deck doesn’t sit flush against the peek insulator on one side.

EB7ABBC0-2209-4231-AA91-2BE28C789C2E.jpeg

....Also upon close inspection I did notice some small nicks in the deck, peek insulator and threading (where the chamber screws over the deck). I also found a few of the parts were dirty out of the box so a thorough cleaning is advisable….Wotofo I would like to see better quality control here.

2D646B19-09D7-4160-8C5E-AC15F6065B46.jpeg

On a positive note, the deck doesn’t require any unnecessary fiddling to set it into position whilst screwing the base on, it all breaks down pretty easily for a good cleaning….so compared to its top airflow counterparts this is an improvement.

2AD4B3DE-22A2-4372-BE2C-9EB84865B6D5.jpeg

Normally I’m not a fan of over the top branding, but I can’t really see it (well you can in my close ups), but once you get juice in the tank the engraving almost disappears due to it all being painted. I think it suits the tank well, but then I much prefer matte paint finishes, so call me biased on this bit (mix and match looks good too). I also love the airflow control ring design; it’s functional by adding grip to twist it, and also features stop’s” for easier disassembly and suits the theme well.

D5649009-E914-4C88-99AA-466A20C97C53.jpeg

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Impressions, Build Quality & Assembly Continued

Whichever purchase option you chose to buy it’s worth noting this atomiser drinks quickly, I stuck with the bubble glass exclusively outside of testing. My reasoning for this goes beyond capacity though, it helped give me a little more room when refilling, and I noticed that air bubbles can get trapped quite easily under the low floating deck area, the larger glass helps avoid juice lock (which will cause dry hits). Even with the bubble glass though I found air bubbles slowly release at points and is more prevalent using thicker juices than other top airflows I’ve reviewed this year which is something to keep in mind if you enjoy chain vaping.

9ED72212-9168-48C3-A291-D7792432D66E.jpeg

The major shift away from the norm is the way Matt and Wotofo approached the airflow.

EF570D1B-C1E2-43F8-AE86-C8995C2975DF.jpeg

Whilst air still arrives to the coil via the side and underside (similar to other atomisers such as the Geekvape Zeus, Vapefly Horus, Kaees Solomon V2), there is no outer wall or “false ceiling” to isolate the deck/chamber from the air stream on the inhale….it’s all happening in the same space which is a really interesting approach.

06FB344A-B032-43B9-8A5D-3F9E4A018CF7.jpeg C75DE88F-5EA0-4FFC-A958-5B8BB74196C6.jpeg

I’ve scratched my head for a while thinking about how the top of the deck seals against the inner dome…outside of making sure your wicks sit flat between the posts, I can’t see how it’s achieved?...so if you are looking to optimise this one, or happen to experience a choppy draw, this is the first place to look into especially when it comes to selecting an appropriate coil size.

A77064CE-6101-41A7-AF4E-EB98A2AAD204.jpeg

The final point in this section is the positive pin sits very proud of the negative threads, which is great for safety purposes, but do watch out for mods with short 510 connections (you’ll need 4.6mm of clearance).

840E5B05-B38C-4387-B63B-C2F776635A3D.jpeg

Coil Building

I personally went with a 3mm coil, the deck can take larger or smaller coils but I ran into 2 issues; going bigger made wicking trickier, going smaller made it harder to seal the deck properly (which I mentioned further up in my review)

For completeness purposes the build space is 6.9mm between each post, you’ll fit in a 9.1mm coil length wise, and the deck sits 4.1mm deep from the top of the post.

6EEB16E1-952D-4BAA-9F80-6B93028F2172.jpeg

With the coil diameter (3mm) landed on I found the whole build experience a breeze, Wotofo provide a measuring tool and tell you where to cut it, they have placed 4 grub screws in the base so it doesn’t matter which way round you wind the coil (make no mistake this is a single coil atomiser), if you hate hex screws then the spares in the pack are slotted.

The only downside I picked up on with the mounting experience is the allen key seemed to slip tightening the coils, the screws didn’t deform inside, I just think the allen key provided is a tad too small for the job.

In terms of placement (using the snipping tool guide); the top of the coil will naturally sit just above the top of the posts and works well, just make sure the coil sits centrally and you’re away for dry burning tests and wicking.

9C2BCBDD-5187-46E4-A34F-CD24F86B0600.jpeg

I’d say it’s worth adding enough wraps or space the coil to ensure the cotton isn’t sagging well before the end of the drop, as you want it all sitting almost flush with the posts.

16227724-31E1-402F-9745-D7ED4AEDBC08.jpeg

There’s nothing more to mention here really the deck is well laid out and easy to use.

Last edited:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Wicking Guide

This is the one area I feel could be improved, even when you break the deck down it looks sad about it….

DC656CCF-283E-416C-A307-DA9FD55D27CE.jpeg

In my humble opinion the Serpent Elevate doesn’t lend itself well to new vapers, there a lot of things going to take into consideration approaching this one;
  • I mentioned it before but the cotton should plug the gap in the deck and sit as level as possible with the top of the post (with no gaps),
  • The deck is raised really high which aids in flavour, but does mean cotton tails are longer to transfer juice up to the coil
  • There is a pressure affect when securing the top cap which will saturate the cotton
  • Thicker juice and bubbles naturally sit under the raised deck
  • The channel the cotton sits in will sit snug against the side of the inner chamber (so avoid having a mass of cotton here)
  • The wicking holes aren’t huge even to accommodate 3mm coils
That’s quite a list, so here is how I approach it;

I used Wotofo’s own cotton that came with it for the pics as it’s pretty decent, but this approach will work with the “Scottish roll method” (google this) and I’d normally be using Cotton Bacon V2. The juice I run is 75% VG so rake more or less cotton away in step 3 depending on the thickness of your juice and diameter of the coil (mine is 3mm). .

1. When I feed the cotton through the coil it feels pretty snug to the point it’s almost moving the coil. Once complete I move it back and forth a few times to settle it into position which loosens it up slightly.

2. With the ends of the cotton showing place the scissors under the base of the deck both sides. This puts a cut line across the cotton for you.

8B0C0139-7618-49B0-A6F0-4076DBD501B8.jpeg

3. Straight cut, and rake your cotton from different angles so it feels like it’s combing through the same way both top and sides (as you can see I take out quite a lot of material at this point). It’s worth reading ahead up to step 8 here as to how much cotton you remove though, it’ll be very much a feel thing so don’t worry if you have to come back and repeat this step.

0F431DA9-BA48-4CEF-AD94-C202CCCB6545.jpeg
318DB821-66CB-47E2-B4CC-E996A654BE06.jpeg

4. Once done cut again to tidy up giving you the “bow tie” look

D6DE2F7F-2DD1-4D5A-B39B-3A43033E0DC8.jpeg

5. Now place your scissors on the edge of the threads (at the base of the deck) and aim to cut an angle away on each corner of the cotton.

DEB30F44-3D13-4AB7-8601-EBD68B0860C5.jpeg

6. You’ll end up with something like this;

CE6A2E49-A1D1-4188-8577-33D3084A3F3E.jpeg

7. Feed the cotton into the well starting from the bottom and working up. This bit is important; after each pass make sure you are properly pushing it through all the way creating a fluffy base, because my approach will leave cotton slightly poking out of the bottom and you need to make sure you aren’t creating ball of material at this stage.

45FD5496-5E81-48EC-BD97-8D2277476BFB.jpeg

8. After you have finished poking all the cotton through it should be fluffy and lose enough to put one half of your scissor legs or tweezers into the wicking hole and push down. If you can’t do this or it feels really tight, go back to step 3 rinse and repeat. Its ok if you don’t feed all of the cotton through as well you can always snip the excess away from the sides.

9. Now Juice the cotton up, you will need to go around and sculpt the cotton such that it’s sitting inside the channel and not excessively hanging outside of where the threads are otherwise the chamber will choke its wicking ability.

19814133-A3C8-4E01-9C48-47CE311A16DC.jpeg

10. You should now be done …time to re-assemble; place the chamber over the deck and reverse screw to remove any bits of cotton in the threads, now tighten it up clockwise and if you find it feels scratchy, stop and remove the top to inspect nothings getting snagged before trying again (as you don’t want to pull the cotton out of place). Fill up the tank a quarter way and vape on it to check its wicking ok and enjoy.

How’s it Vape?

Flavour is great, although I found it suits fruity flavours better than the vanillas/bakery types. Is it “the” best though? I’d say it’s rubbing shoulders with the Intake and Hours and even the Engine Nano depending on some flavours…none of these compete with bottom airflow RTA’s but that’s not what they are about, they offer mess free usage and do it well.

The good news is it’s airier than the Intake (for those who couldn’t get on with that) - if you close it about a 3rd of the way that’s about what you’ll experience with the Intake fully open. There is still a restriction to the draw though so it’s not as airy as say the Zeus (single coil) is.

The draw itself feels smooth, however it’s accompanied by quite an audible noise which confuses the senses in this area. That draw noise is louder the wider you run the airflow, if you start to close things up it reduces significantly, so it depends what your preferences are in relation to restriction/vs sound.

Being the drip tips have a 510 bore it really doesn’t matter which one you choose to go with they all vape similar it more about lip feel preference on this one.

The tank drinks fast, but you are rewarded with a nice moist vape. I noticed a little bit of spitting after a refill, it’s a lot like the other top airflow atomisers in that it’s best not to leave the top cap off for too long, and don’t fill past the top of the glass and it goes away after two or three pulls.

Finally to finish things up, this tank doesn’t desire high wattages, it’s designed for the 30-50W crowd in mind, I like a warm vape and never felt the need to go much beyond 40W, the good news is at around this level the tank doesn’t get noticeably hot even chain vaping.

Pro’s
  • Great flavour and cloud production
  • Easy build deck and ample space
  • Coils legs stay flat in the posts
  • Smooth draw and offers a decent airflow range
  • Doesn’t get hot
  • Decent O-rings
  • Spares on offer are very good
  • Doesn’t squeeze juice out easily when tightening top cap
  • No leaking
  • Easier to strip down and clean than a lot of the top airflow tanks
  • Drip tip bore caters for the chimney perfectly
  • [personal] Love the satin finish
  • [personal] I feel it suits the lower wattage, restricted direct lung audience

Con’s

• Not the quietest draw out there
  • Wicking is finicky and can struggle with juice lock
  • Quality control could be improved across the deck area (see my review notes)
  • Allen key was a poor fit for the hex screws
  • Juice ports could be a tad bigger
  • Will spit if you fill right to the top of refill ports (fill in line with top of the glass)
  • Bubble tank does extend out from the base significantly so careful using slim mods
  • [personal] would like to have seen a 510 as the spare drip tip
  • [personal] Considering the speed this tank drinks I would have preferred a bayonet top cap

Final Conclusion

It’s a solid performing top airflow atomiser when you set it up right and is capable of great flavour for the fruity juices. I’m sure we’ll see the Serpent line continuing, so if they come back and decide to tweak this one without a major overhaul; then they could improve the wicking area and perhaps do something to tame the draw sound a tad, but really outside of those two main areas it goes about it business well.

E46AB7E1-BBAF-4A53-BF75-F04591BF172C.jpeg

Thank you for reading my review. I hope you find the information useful, until next time KingPin!

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nice review KP!!!!
I’ve been waiting to see what your thoughts were on this one

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks matey :cheers: ...finally we can chat about it haha, will check out your thoughts in a bit
I like it a lot!

I didn’t have any wicking issues, but, i recognized it as needing the old school tank wicking right away.

The flavor is on point, and it’s become a go to tank for out and about since I don’t need to kill a battery to get a good vape out of it.

The noise doesn’t bother me any since it’s not a whistle. Just sounds like a hallow straw to me: I did notice that If I set the coil a tad lower than suggested it tends to soften the noise a tad and produce a bit more flavor.
I set my coils dead even with the top of the post wall thingy.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like it a lot!

I didn’t have any wicking issues, but, i recognized it as needing the old school tank wicking right away.

The flavor is on point, and it’s become a go to tank for out and about since I don’t need to kill a battery to get a good vape out of it.

The noise doesn’t bother me any since it’s not a whistle. Just sounds like a hallow straw to me: I did notice that If I set the coil a tad lower than suggested it tends to soften the noise a tad and produce a bit more flavor.
Yay! Glad ur enjoying yours!

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Interesting read as always, thank you. Looking forward to trying it out, not looking forward to possible wick fiddling. Think I'll try the COTN threads first, pretty close to a Scottish roll already. Lovely to hear it does well with fruits.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I like it a lot!

I'm going to try this coil placement first. Good tip, thanks.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Interesting read as always, thank you. Looking forward to trying it out, not looking forward to possible wick fiddling. Think I'll try the COTN threads first, pretty close to a Scottish roll already. Lovely to hear it does well with fruits.

:hug: If you treat the wicking a bit like the nanos where you leave smaller tails through the wicking holes but plug above the deck line Letitia you’ll be fine

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I like it a lot!

I didn’t have issues with wicking but then I’ve wicked countless atties just think there are easier tanks to wick out there in my humble opinion

I’ve got used to the noise mate but then I vape it with a restricted draw like I would the intake so the hollow noise disappears to a large degree

looking back at my coil placement pic above probably got about 1mm underneath the coil there so can’t go too much lower so I’ll move it down a smidge next rebuild

Rubbing shoulders on flavour with the tanks I listed is a good thing as they are my best performers so far

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
So woke up at 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep and decided to set up the elevate. Used the included coil and snipped at the recommended 6mm (love the coily tool). Gave the included wick a go and it was a bit tighter in the coil than I usually use but decided to leave it as is; thinned the tails out, trimmed the sides off and trimmed the remaining to barely tuck into the ring. Had more wick in the ring than I wanted so I just snipped off some just below the shoulder (like a damming wick). Settled in with af about 1/3 closed and a medium bore 510. Flavor was very good, did get some minor spitback. Will play more with wattage when I get home but suspect too much wick in the coil itself. Thinking it will be a keeper. My juice didn't taste over flavored like it does in the juggerknot mini but that may change with better wicking. Either way first impressions are good and can see the elevate finding a place in the daily rotation. Juice is a pineapple/green apple and not sweet.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So woke up at 3 am and couldn't go back to sleep and decided to set up the elevate. Used the included coil and snipped at the recommended 6mm (love the coily tool). Gave the included wick a go and it was a bit tighter in the coil than I usually use but decided to leave it as is; thinned the tails out, trimmed the sides off and trimmed the remaining to barely tuck into the ring. Had more wick in the ring than I wanted so I just snipped off some just below the shoulder (like a damming wick). Settled in with af about 1/3 closed and a medium bore 510. Flavor was very good, did get some minor spitback. Will play more with wattage when I get home but suspect too much wick in the coil itself. Thinking it will be a keeper. My juice didn't taste over flavored like it does in the juggerknot mini but that may change with better wicking. Either way first impressions are good and can see the elevate finding a place in the daily rotation. Juice is a pineapple/green apple and not sweet.
That’s great to hear! I didn’t get a chance yet to setup mine in SS. I ordered the Gold one from 8vape as it was a great price.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Haha -“my precious” vapemail and insomnia don’t mix well.
Thanks for sharing :inlove:

So would you put this at Intake level or not?

what do you mean by over-flavoured on the juggerknot?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Haha -“my precious” vapemail and insomnia don’t mix well.
Thanks for sharing :inlove:

So would you put this at Intake level or not?

what do you mean by over-flavoured on the juggerknot?
Over flavored just means that I will have to reduce my flavor percentages when I mix. Enjoying the citrus mixes quite a bit in the jk so will adjust those recipes specifically for the jk. Elevate is going to be a tad better flavor wise I think compared to the intake and nanos. Still getting some spit spitback so need to change the elevates wick after work.

:hug: If you treat the wicking a bit like the nanos where you leave smaller tails through the wicking holes but plug above the deck line Letitia you’ll be fine
Tried 5 different wickings.. One with the included coil and the other 4 with 3mm aliens from coiology... All 5 of them resulted with a lot of juice in my mouth... Tried less cotton, more cotton, 40 watts, 45, 50, 55 always the same a lot of juice in my mouth... And it's not my first rta... I am currently using two (2) smm's from the day they went out, all day (different juice each) never had any issue.... Even with the kylin mini Rta which had a bit of tricky wicking method, everything was fine, no leaking, no gurgling, except from a little noise compared to others... Any suggestions appreciated guys!!!!!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G950F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Tried 5 different wickings.. One with the included coil and the other 4 with 3mm aliens from coiology... All 5 of them resulted with a lot of juice in my mouth... Tried less cotton, more cotton, 40 watts, 45, 50, 55 always the same a lot of juice in my mouth... And it's not my first rta... I am currently using two (2) smm's from the day they went out, all day (different juice each) never had any issue.... Even with the kylin mini Rta which had a bit of tricky wicking method, everything was fine, no leaking, no gurgling, except from a little noise compared to others... Any suggestions appreciated guys!!!!!

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G950F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Have you tried following my wicking guide above Kermitlabros?

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Damn good write up KP, in your opinion how is the draw on this one compared to say the intake? I have a weird love hate relationship with these single coil RTA's and need a reference point, if you do not mind.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn good write up KP, in your opinion how is the draw on this one compared to say the intake? I have a weird love hate relationship with these single coil RTA's and need a reference point, if you do not mind.
Hi @jwill im sure @KingPin! will answer you tomorrow it’s late on the other side of the pond :D. But I copied what he said from above.

“Flavour is great, although I found it suits fruity flavours better than the vanillas/bakery types. Is it “the” best though? I’d say it’s rubbing shoulders with the Intake and Hours and even the Engine Nano depending on some flavours…none of these compete with bottom airflow RTA’s but that’s not what they are about, they offer mess free usage and do it well.

The good news is it’s airier than the Intake (for those who couldn’t get on with that) - if you close it about a 3rd of the way that’s about what you’ll experience with the Intake fully open. There is still a restriction to the draw though so it’s not as airy as say the Zeus (single coil) is.”

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Hi @jwill im sure @KingPin! will answer you tomorrow it’s late on the other side of the pond :D. But I copied what he said from above.

“Flavour is great, although I found it suits fruity flavours better than the vanillas/bakery types. Is it “the” best though? I’d say it’s rubbing shoulders with the Intake and Hours and even the Engine Nano depending on some flavours…none of these compete with bottom airflow RTA’s but that’s not what they are about, they offer mess free usage and do it well.

The good news is it’s airier than the Intake (for those who couldn’t get on with that) - if you close it about a 3rd of the way that’s about what you’ll experience with the Intake fully open. There is still a restriction to the draw though so it’s not as airy as say the Zeus (single coil) is.”

Im not sure how I missed that. A little embarrassed now. Thank you @Heartsdelight.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
You were right about the Nano, only difference is the length of the tails.

they have a very similar pressure system I reckon and how tight it is under the deck

I found if you are getting bubbles stuck under the base loosen the cap just slightly, opposite is true if it’s spitting don’t leave cap off for long and make sure top cap done all the way up

....remember the manual choke on cars when it was cold in the morning haha just like that

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

Thanks very much matey :cheers: and @Heartsdelight :blowkiss:

Just to add to the quote part from hearts ....if you like a loser draw you might find the sound a bit much fully open, if you like it a more restricted like me then this problem goes away largely

Either way it’s smooth :)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dammmmmit @KingPin! , I just finished my review of this tank and read this, I just got my ass kicked ;)

Solid review as always and looks like we had a similar experience with filling and wicking but it is a good overall tank.

Love your reviews mate!

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Dammmmmit @KingPin! , I just finished my review of this tank and read this, I just got my ass kicked ;)

Solid review as always and looks like we had a similar experience with filling and wicking but it is a good overall tank.

Love your reviews mate!

Cheers matey haha, I highly doubt that on the review front! love your work as well :cheers:....we need to catch up properly it’s been ages

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
For sure, 2018 has been a blur....where did it go :giggle:

I thought 2017 was crazy but this year it’s been outright insane, completely out of control, we are a wash with new things all seemingly fighting the same space slightly tweaked.

My New Years wish is to see a slow down, get it right ....let people look forward to things again across the entire release plan - if that don’t happen I’m gonna be a lot more selective... can’t do it all, I’d rather stop than ever go near out of the box reviews, they serve a purpose for sure to see whats coming but for me its not what I enjoy doing personally.

#Grass roots ftw

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It’s right in line with all my other rta’s. Unless it’s a bad one it’s really hard to say which one is the best. I’m using it with the afc 1/2 open.

noise on the draw is really subdued at that point I found what do you reckon?

VU Sponsors