Become a Patron!

Would it be better to get an IPV3Li (+) or one of the new mods?

vapelifesaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Happy 4th to everyone :)
Ok, times in running out for me as sales ending today...Any thoughts are whether to get an IPV3 Li,
IPV4S, Sig 150 + or - tc, or let's say a Sig 213W (I know all issues with tc but I don't use tc) or IPV400, IPV6 or something I don't even know about?
Was recently gifted with (ughh) a Vaporshark DNA200, which is beyond my limited ability to use it properly..not an advanced vapor.
Vape in watts using original Crown tank around 35-45. Know I could get lower watt mod but I want a solid mod, not plastic or lacquered paint.
Just something that I can vape with that its...
Really appreciate any help I can get and Thanks in advance!

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want something all metal on the outside, get the IPV5.
The IPV6 isn't out yet.
IPV3 Li works well and is a tank but has rougher edges and doesn't feel near as nice in the hand.
There is a LOT of debate over the Sigelei Fuchai 213.
But, if you're only using it in power mode and don't mind running a few watts above normal just to achieve the same output, it is a nice, comfortable, light weight mod.
The Eleaf Istick 100TC would be another option that'd fit the way you described your use.
It's also all metal exterior.
I have all of these and with the way you stated that you use your current mod, they should do you just fine.
All three are low priced even without the sales.
Check ecig, vapenw, 101vapes, eciggity, sweet-vapes, and any other site you can think of to find the best prices.
Any happy 4th.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ipv5 is a great mod and one hard hitter. You may also want to check out the Hohm Wrecker G2. She's ugly but she is a beast. I'd stay away from the 213 if I were you. God only knows what else is wrong with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had good luck with the istick tc100w so far. An update will take it to 120w. Seems to have pretty good wire compatibility options, wattage and tc mode work well. For around $30-35 hard to go too wrong with it. Feels nice, a little weighty but it's a metal mod with dual batteries it's not going to be light as a feather.

Not sure what you mean by lacquered paint but that's about the only downside I can think of. The paint on it is a bit thin, after about a month there are places the paint's wearing off a little. That's with daily use but nothing harsh, only setting it on table tops not dropping it, not rattling it around in a pocket full of keys or change (stuff that would scratch it). Kind of an issue with a lot of mod's I've seen reviewed. On the bright side I added my own carbon fiber wrap to it for about $1 and saved the extra $50 over the sig 213 :p Something that's $30 is easier to replace if something happens to it.

Can't really say I know all the features/differences between say the tc100w istick and the sig 213 for example, other than the istick got a lot better review from people like djlsb vapes who are pretty critical and thorough. The fuchai 213 basically suffers all the same issues as the sig 213. I believe they only hit 155w, not the advertised 213w so it's not just poor temp control. Also something about sigelei making it so retailers can't accept returns? Idk, I'm with Deucesjack and Paratech, too many other good options to consider for the price.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I only didn't recommend the G2 due to the OP stating they are not an advanced vapor.
Granted simply reading the instructions simplifies it, not everyone does.

VU Sponsors