Become a Patron!

Would like a new dual batt mod for my Big Baby Beast

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Title says it all, I'd like a mod that won't have over hang with my Big Baby Beast tank and one that uses 2 18650 batteries. I'd like for it to show battery life in percentage and I want to keep it under 90 bucks.

I've got my eye on the Smok G-Priv but wonder if you folks had any other recommendations.

cynkrzy

Old Guy with a New Trick
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Title says it all, I'd like a mod that won't have over hang with my Big Baby Beast tank and one that uses 2 18650 batteries. I'd like for it to show battery life in percentage and I want to keep it under 90 bucks.

I've got my eye on the Smok G-Priv but wonder if you folks had any other recommendations.
It's a great mod, there are a ton of great mods that would meet your requirements.

Badfrog

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alien? ... :devil: (I love mine! :bliss: )

I had thought about the Alien but I like the looks of the G-Priv better. Only thing holding me back on the G-Priv is I don't know if that screen is going to be a magnet for scratches or not? I think I've search correctly for the G-Priv on here but I don't see much of any talk on here about it.

I had looked at the Sigelei 213W Plus mod and then I found plenty of controversy regarding the TC. However, I don't ever use TC. Otherwise it seems like just what I'm looking for. I like the size of the unit.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had thought about the Alien but I like the looks of the G-Priv better. Only thing holding me back on the G-Priv is I don't know if that screen is going to be a magnet for scratches or not? I think I've search correctly for the G-Priv on here but I don't see much of any talk on here about it.

I had looked at the Sigelei 213W Plus mod and then I found plenty of controversy regarding the TC. However, I don't ever use TC. Otherwise it seems like just what I'm looking for. I like the size of the unit.

Have you looked at the Minkin v2?

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
+1 for G-Priv....love mine with the BB Beast.
+2.

Love everything about the G-Priv. A bit heavy, but a great mod with any of the TVF8 tanks. The screen on mine is like new, but after only a few weeks of heavy use.

The alien is smaller and lighter. Nice as well, but IMO the G-Priv is much more solid and the touch screen menu is amazing for dummies like me. :)

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

The 213 plus would be my choice. Tc is the biggest vape scam ever. Totally useless all it does is gum up your coils 3 x's as fast..I still use my sig 150tc (power mod) every day, I have dropped it at least a dozen times as its my work mod. Works great I am buying the 213 plus for my next mod purchase

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The 213 plus would be my choice. Tc is the biggest vape scam ever. Totally useless all it does is gum up your coils 3 x's as fast..I still use my sig 150tc (power mod) every day, I have dropped it at least a dozen times as its my work mod. Works great I am buying the 213 plus for my next mod purchase
how does temp control gunk op coils faster lol. If anything it lets them stay good longer as you won't overstress them?

(note some don't give battery %)
G-priv, H-priv, Alien xcube ultra, from smok
Smoant Battlestar
Hohmwrecker G2

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
how does temp control gunk op coils faster lol. If anything it lets them stay good longer as you won't overstress them?

(note some don't give battery %)
G-priv, H-priv, Alien xcube ultra, from smok
Smoant Battlestar
Hohmwrecker G2

No it absolutely gunks them up faster, coil heats up to whatever you have it set for me it's 500 then temp protection kicks in kills power to coil so it cools then heats again cools heats cools. For me this happens about 4 or 5 times a draw. Now that's on my dna 200 where tc works on my sig 150 ipv d2 and others that tc doesn't really work no problem. I get 1 week on ni coil on dna mod and 3 or 4 weeks on others. So yes the heat cool function of tc gunks it up.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
No it absolutely gunks them up faster, coil heats up to whatever you have it set for me it's 500 then temp protection kicks in kills power to coil so it cools then heats again cools heats cools. For me this happens about 4 or 5 times a draw. Now that's on my dna 200 where tc works on my sig 150 ipv d2 and others that tc doesn't really work no problem. I get 1 week on ni coil on dna mod and 3 or 4 weeks on others. So yes the heat cool function of tc gunks it up.
agree to disagree. there are other factors in play but with TC i can get weeks on coils before they gunk but in power mode usually 1 week at best as i chain vape and run hot. I also don't use Ni wire, it's by far the worst of the TC wires. I'd suggest trying it with SS wire. It'll last a lot longer and give you a better vape. I think the issue isn't TC but the Ni wire you are using personally

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
agree to disagree. there are other factors in play but with TC i can get weeks on coils before they gunk but in power mode usually 1 week at best as i chain vape and run hot. I also don't use Ni wire, it's by far the worst of the TC wires. I'd suggest trying it with SS wire. It'll last a lot longer and give you a better vape. I think the issue isn't TC but the Ni wire you are using personally
I have ss ti and ni they all suck in TC. In my opinion tc is a fad. I have seen a lot of things come out in the 5 years I have been vaping and tc is not one of the good ones

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I have ss ti and ni they all suck in TC. In my opinion tc is a fad. I have seen a lot of things come out in the 5 years I have been vaping and tc is not one of the good ones
the fuchai 213 doesn't do TC. I'm not sure on the sig150. depends on the quality of the device. SS wire with an FSK mod or DNA mod is an amazing vape. It's hard to knock it until you try it with the right mod and set up TBH. you may like it. I just think you haven't had the right set up for it yet.

SS wire though even in watt mod is IMO (and many others) the best. Better then Kenthal and Nichrome

Dan DePippo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
the fuchai 213 doesn't do TC. I'm not sure on the sig150. depends on the quality of the device. SS wire with an FSK mod or DNA mod is an amazing vape. It's hard to knock it until you try it with the right mod and set up TBH. you may like it. I just think you haven't had the right set up for it yet.

SS wire though even in watt mod is IMO (and many others) the best. Better then Kenthal and Nichrome
The sig 150tc it doesn't work at all the Ipv d2 and 4 it works but not very well and the DNA200 works perfectly. I should say that TC does work good on drippers just not on prebuilt coils for tanks. As for SS I do like it on power mode but find Ti the best for TC in a rda. I guess I should have said TC in prebuilt tanks sucks. That being said I much prefer power mode vaping.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The sig 150tc it doesn't work at all the Ipv d2 and 4 it works but not very well and the DNA200 works perfectly. I should say that TC does work good on drippers just not on prebuilt coils for tanks. As for SS I do like it on power mode but find Ti the best for TC in a rda. I guess I should have said TC in prebuilt tanks sucks. That being said I much prefer power mode vaping.
that i probably agree with. never did TC in a prebuilt tank outside of FSK mods and kenthal TC but that works great. I use a lot of RTAs and temp control has a lot of pros to it. Even on prebuilt kenthal coils with a G2 or slice i'll get much better coil life in TC as i can't burn the coil out chain vaping.

starlord1

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're not using tc and wants reliability/affordability, I recommend you wait for the new fuchai 213 plus. The built quality is great and there's full color oled screen with many additional infos.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If you're not using tc and wants reliability/affordability, I recommend you wait for the new fuchai 213 plus. The built quality is great and there's full color oled screen with many additional infos.
How much u want to bet it doesn't do TC lol. For price durability and power it's hard to beat a Battlestar.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors