Would like some opinions on mods

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello,

so I just started vaping about 2 months ago. I got the kanger subox mini starter kit. Its a fantastic device to start out with. However I only use the rba now due to the OCC leaking all the time. The only problem is im not getting the flavor I did with OCC. Im wanting to get a little more advanced. I was wondering if I could use the mutation x v4. if so can I do single coil? would the subox be able to give good flavor if I used a single coil at .5 ohms. It does only go up to 50 W, or should I just put up the extra money and go with the IPV 4s that way I could do the dual coils and go above 50W? please advise.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
If you can afford the IPV4S, hell yeah. You will need something like that in the near future anyways, due to your interest in RDAs. Yes, you can do a single coil build in the Mutation X V4. Just use those plugs for the air holes at the bottom, and/or adjust the airflow control for single coil mode. There are three slots on the inner part that will just do that for the side air holes.

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks for the reply. another question with cereal vapes in your opinion does a warmer vape taste better. I try to go to about 35 W on my kanger but its get like a dry or little burnt taste unless I go down to about 15-20. I just want to get the best flavor possible. I been watching videos on the mutation and I know it can go flavor or cloud. also I have Samsung 25 r 18650 batteries. these will work fine with the IPV 4S correct.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Some juices can take heat better than others. I used to vape a vanilla juice, that just couldn't be vaped at higher wattage. It would have a "toasted", almost burnt flavor (not from a dry hit). Therefore, it is possible yours doesn't like heat either.

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I am thinking its just better off getting the IPV 4S and the mutation. any rec. on coils? are dual better than single?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
BTW, a cooler dual coil build could provide you with more vapor, thus more flavor.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Take a look at http://www.steam-engine.org/coil.asp?, and play with different gauge wires, target resistances, and adjust the watt at the heat flux field. Click on the "how it works" in the bottom left. Use it as a guideline for your coil builds.

centaurianslug

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just get a dna 200 device. They start at aboutv $100 now. They have temp control and go from 1-200watts. You won't ever need to upgrade again

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
why the ipv 4s
the 3 li is a bette rbuilt mod
and there is also the xcube 2
and teh new kooper plus
and the sig 150

ship around and you will find similar prices on all

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
haha yeah I seen that site and been there. last question will my kanger mod be able to handle the dual coils? and is a bigger diameter coil better or smaller?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
why the ipv 4s
the 3 li is a bette rbuilt mod
and there is also the xcube 2
and teh new kooper plus
and the sig 150

ship around and you will find similar prices on all
I'd get the Sigelei 150 TC over the IPV3LI. However, that's personal preference. If I would get a new device right now, I'd also look into a DNA 200 mod myself.

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like the design of the IPV 4S and I cant find the 3 li which one is that

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
and the IPV 4S is right in my range of price

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
and the IPV 4S is right in my range of price
I have the Sigelei 100 Plus, the Sigelei 150W (no TC), and the IPV4S. So far, I haven't used more that 70W myself. I like the feel (in your hand) of the IPV4S, compared to the two sigs. However, the DNA 200 is interesting, due to the ability to customize it's setting via some computer software, and connecting it to your mod's USB.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd suggest maybe a mutation x v3 not 4 for your first rda. Tha way you don't have any leaky bottom air holes pissing you off. Just a thought.

VU Sponsors