Become a Patron!

Wow, cats really have a sensitive nose

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My cat is totally used to my vaping. If she's on my laps and I blow vapor right over her, she doesn't even bat a whisker. So it's not like she's scared of the cloud, or bothered by the smell.

But just a minute ago, she was sleeping on the carpet, a good 10 ft away from me. I started a dry-burn, blowing the acrid smoke gently away from me (and toward the cat - I didn't think she'd mind): she promptly woke up with a worried look and started coughing. That lasted 5 seconds, and then she darted off.

Wow, I didn't expect such a reaction, especially from that far away! Poor thing...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Aw. Lil sweetie. Yeah, boyfriend was dry burning his earlier and it was horrible. He lets his go way too long, so they're super gunked up. My cat used to move away from me while smoking, jump back up after. He stays with me now :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Although it would take a lot of PG to make your cat sick, caution should still be taken when vaping around cats because they are sensitive to PG.
Here's one of many articles on the subject.
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/will-vaping-pg-e-liquid-harm-my-cat
I remember reading something along these lines over on ECF. If anyone reads the comments, the one regarding the sick cats and bird... that woman did find out it had nothing to do with vaping. Her pet's problems were related to a citrus air freshener that plugged into the wall.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

cherrycakes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I vape 100% vg and keep my juices away from the cats.
Some of the cats don't mind the vapor and like to watch the clouds
but my husband traumatized the one cat trying to get her high
and now she's afraid of smoke, vapor, etc

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course she's traumatized: imagine her trying to force-feed your husband catnip? How do you think he'd feel? I bet he'd develop a deadly fear of grass and would never mow the lawn ever again.

Come to think of it, that might be a good excuse to weasel out of that chore with my s.o. :)

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm mad at your husband now, @cherrycakes. Please tell him I think he's an azzhole. Thnx.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My cats don't really mind the vape around them. I've blown it at them to see how they react. They do the kitty scrunch up & try to back away, or just run off. So if they're near me or laying on me, I'll blow away from them.

Every now then I give them a can of wet food as a treat, they love it. I've tried sneaking it in so when they come out they'll see it. Nope no go. I can open the can all ninja quiet like, but they can smell it instantly from the other room. They'll come out from their nap still yawning & stretching coming for the yummies.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I share the house with two of my feline masters.

Mostly they don't care about my vaping.

Unless I start on something like Pluid or Orange Vines by Bulk E-Juice and they suddenly have somewhere else to be.............Urgently!

VU Sponsors