Become a Patron!

Wow, this tank is a Hidden Gem... Vapeston Maganus NI

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did a search, and very few have mentioned this tank in the past. I just got one, and man, is it a goodie.

I think this "Vapeston Maganus" is a Starre product in disguise. The font of the word "Maganus" is identical to the print you see on any "Freemax" tank from Starre, and it takes the same coils (Atlantis/Triton/Herkales style). Furthermore, the replacement glass is identical to the Starre Freemax V3... I gave it to my error-prone friend with one of those, and it fit perfectly.

So yeah, it's a simple device, but it's a stunner for $17. Top and bottom airflow. Easy screw-off/screw-on top fill, comes with two TC coils of different resistances, 4.8 mL capacity, and it really chucks, especially for a TC.

Only slight issue - the top airflow adjuster on my drip tip is a little loosey-goosey. Gotta put it back in place now and then. Minor hassle. Other than that, I like this just as much as my Triton, Herkales V1, and SMOK TVF4.

Considering the price point, It's a huge value. Just like Starre's tanks :)

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I think the Starre and Maganus got lost in a sea of rapid fire tank releases last Spring, then the Crown followed shortly after. There were a confusing number of versions of the Starre, the tanks and coils were neither common or well priced in the vape shops, and coil quality varied.

These seem to have bigger airflow control holes and more juice capacity than most of the others.

Having seen what an Atlantis 2 can do with Vaporwerx Monster coils (think tfv4), I may start experimenting with these coils and similar in my og Starre.

Given the numerous coil options, these also make sense if prebuilt coils become less available with the regulations. Not so much for those who build for rda or rta.

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I'm on board with most of what you said. Yes, visually the Maganus looks like it has massive airflow, but it's always hard to judge by looks... it's a 3D concept though the whole device, not a 2D visual of the air holes. But you know that.

So that said, i'd call the Maganus airflow really excellent, but just a wee bit short of the Triton, which visually looks like it has poorer airflow. And just as a point of fact, I put an airflow drip tip on top of my Herkales, and it's like a whole new tank.

But again, the other two setups can't beat the Maganus on cost, and all three will handle the same coils.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Interesting suggestion on Herakles drip tip. Also, despite the proliferation of new hardware as we approach August 8th, these Atlantis compatibles are aging well, and as a group, have sold in high volume.

I would assume it will be easier to find coils and other parts for these in 24 months, as compared to last minute releases like the Joyetech Ultimo , or more unique tanks, like the Arctic V8 series. Try finding a replacement glass for one of those....

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, you read my mind. I do like to stick to Atlantis compatibles, as you call them. My SMOK tank is my only outlier, but that came with my R80 TC Mod (great integrated battery device), and it's a great small tank for pocket vapes (currently paired to an IPV D3, love it!)

Looks like Huckleberried has proven the Maganus is just a rebranded Starre. Well still, I like it a lot. You would too

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
im not sure which came first maganus or starre
but the og versions were identical the new versions were slightly different
they werethe first tank i know of to do the dual parrallel vertical coil
which uwell then copied
which then maganus/starre copied uwelss top fill etc
imho the maganus og is every bit as good as the og crown not much difference
i still have mine
and if i had some coils for it- i might use it

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
lol.... it looks like you wrote a haiku :)

Anyway, I'm glad you said what you did about how close it is to the crown. I've drooled over the Crown for many months but never jumped because it's not an Atlantis-style coil.... and they're expensive.

Starre and Playboy make cheap Atlantis-style coils, for what its worth...

Beeboqueef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have two OG Starre tanks that I use daily. I jumped on these when they first released and were what everyone was praising at the time. I still haven't found a tank I like better than the Starre.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
lol.... it looks like you wrote a haiku :)

Anyway, I'm glad you said what you did about how close it is to the crown. I've drooled over the Crown for many months but never jumped because it's not an Atlantis-style coil.... and they're expensive.

Starre and Playboy make cheap Atlantis-style coils, for what its worth...

well i can only speak for the OG version since that is all i own
but I had that and was very very happy wit hit, then the crown came out and everyone said it was the best tank ever. so i had to check it out
and TBH i didnt notice much difference if any in flavor between the 2

VU Sponsors