Become a Patron!

Wrapped my 1st fused clapton tonight.

SuperMidget

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They aren't the most beautiful coils out there but damn it they are mine! I wanted to start wrapping with 32g to get a feel for it before moving to smaller wire. For a first attempt i am very happy with the result, already have better ball bearing swivels ordered to make it easier.

2x 26g Nichrome80 cores with 32g Kanthal wrap

Hdt9BpP.jpg

3mm ID 6 wraps @.19 ohms on my 22mm Griffin

HrmgmtD.jpg

SuperMidget

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have used alot of premade 26g/32g kanthal clapton wire over the past few months, paralleled it with tons of other wire but only used fused claptons once and wasn't all that impressed, for some reason they spit like crazy and i yanked them after only 2 days. These are completely silent with no pops or spitting at all and pulling like a champ at 70w with a nice cool vape.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like a successful first attempt. Congrats.

My fused claptons always turn out better than single claptons. My single claptons, the wrap doesn't seem to hold as tight and can slip off. Fused never had this problem. IDK if the 2 wires keep better tension on the wrapper from the inside of if since it is not a round core, it holds the shape and holds the cores better.

I I would go with a 36g wrap in the future. Not too dificult to work with and faster ramp up. Anything I wrapped with 32 took too long to get hot, then get the atty super hot as well.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i have used alot of premade 26g/32g kanthal clapton wire over the past few months, paralleled it with tons of other wire but only used fused claptons once and wasn't all that impressed, for some reason they spit like crazy and i yanked them after only 2 days. These are completely silent with no pops or spitting at all and pulling like a champ at 70w with a nice cool vape.
Takes more work to get a fused claptons with properly aligned core wires.
That's why most premade fused claptons have twisted cores and that's why you get better results making your own.

SuperMidget

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i will probably be ordering some smaller wire when i get paid to see how the other half lives at 36g and smaller.

VU Sponsors