Become a Patron!

Wrapping a pre-built clapton

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just wondering if it's possible to wrap some 26awg around some pre-built 26/32 Clapton wire to make a different build? Thanks in advance

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well why not, try it out and keep us updated...That is the joy and beauty of building coils, you can pretty much do what you want as long as you have that handy dandy ohm meter!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just wondering if it's possible to wrap some 26awg around some pre-built 26/32 Clapton wire to make a different build? Thanks in advance
Yeah just bout anything can work one time I made a oddshaped pretzel

CrazyChef

Custom Hand Crafted Coils - PureCoils.com
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Here's a pic of a fused Clapton i made a little while ago using 2 single Claptons as the core wires. I can't remember the resistance or gauges I used. The coil build wrapping could have been a little neater, but you CAN Clapton a Clapton.

coil.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Here's a pic of a fused Clapton i made a little while ago using 2 single Claptons as the core wires. I can't remember the resistance or gauges I used. The coil build wrapping could have been a little neater, but you CAN Clapton a Clapton.

coil.jpg
Cool deal man. It was just a thought I had yesterday while looking at a spool of pre-made clapton

s20700134

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Or you can wrap a Clapton around a Clapton

VU Sponsors