Become a Patron!

Wrapping question

DaCubs14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So I'm new to making own coils been building with pre wrapped for a bit, when rolling wire is it best to away from you body or wrap towards myself, or does it not matter?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Either direction would yield the same results so whichever way you find it easier to coil your wire would be the best method. If your not familiar with how many wraps would affect your ohm, i suggest checking out steam-engine to correctly build within your devices limits. Always pays off to build safe.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
West coast vs. East coast.

Preferences man preferences.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm new to making own coils been building with pre wrapped for a bit, when rolling wire is it best to away from you body or wrap towards myself, or does it not matter?

Like was said, it's mainly just preference. Though you want to keep it consistent for pairs of coils. That's really the only defining thing. If you're building dual coils they won't line up right if you do them both different ways...sadly I've made that mistake more than once because I wasn't paying attention.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wrap depending on which direction I want the legs to run in the atty or the way I want the coils to sit when installed. Sometimes that's clockwise, sometimes counter. But then I also use a homemade winder, copy of the Artistic wire Coil Gizmo

DaCubs14

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the input everyone

VU Sponsors