Become a Patron!

WTB 510 thread atty stands

I am in need of a handful of stands for 510 threaded RDA/RTA’s. Nothing fancy needed per-say just want them vertical when not in use. Let me know what you have.
Thank you

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Would the threaded ones if not high quality damage the threads on the RDA itself while screwing on if cheap machining was used?

It kind of depends. If a person takes a little time and doesn't cross thread in the screw in atty stand, it's likely there would not be any issues. As with most anything in vaping, there is a lot of room for subjectivity.

You likely take your time putting an atty on a mod and avoid cross threading. What would be the difference between that and an atty stand? Boggles me, I'm sure someone with a college degree will be along to explain, though.

Understand, I'm not defending shitty machine work on products. I am though reminding anyone that using a little patience, common sense can often behoove them. You don't simply dance recklessly near a cliff in a dark night, blindfolded.

Some might. I might support eugenics in such cases, too. :)

Last edited:
I cut pieces of pecan stick at 3/8 inch increments and drilled a hole in the center of each for that very purpose. No need to buy atty stands.

View attachment 208260
Lol would a palo verde tree work? I can get decent woods about 1.5hrs from my house but I’m in the desert. I’m sure if I look hard enough I could find a tree of decent integrity and grain structure, but not readily available persay. If yours work well and fit 510 connect, I wouldn’t mind purchasing a few if you think they would ship well…?

It kind of depends. If a person takes a little time and doesn't cross thread in the screw in atty stand, it's likely there would not be any issues. As with most anything in vaping, there is a lot of room for subjectivity.

You likely take your time putting an atty on a mod and avoid cross threading. What would be the difference between that and an atty stand? Boggles me, I'm sure someone with a college degree will be along to explain, though.

Understand, I'm not defending shitty machine work on products. I am though reminding anyone that using a little patience, common sense can often behoove them. You don't simply dance recklessly near a cliff in a dark night, blindfolded.

Some might. I might support eugenics in such cases, too. :)
I agree common sense goes a long way. Just want sure if they are bad enough to cause a cross tread more times than not d/t poor machining not user error persay.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree common sense goes a long way. Just want sure if they are bad enough to cause a cross tread more times than not d/t poor machining not user error persay.
I've seen many folks use them well enough. Not really seen too many complaints regarding the machining. That isn't saying it is good, bad or in between. Merely conveying an observation with a little thought, "hm, if there was bad machining looks like not, so many would use them."

Then again, as with most in life, vaping it can be subjective I suppose. Well, need to get ready for work. Need to help clean a department store, process some product to sell.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Pita?

Edit ** Why no response…? I know ur active 😉
Weell, you know. You buy them books, spend hrs upon hrs sending them to school but they don't listen till they figure out the same thing on their own. Plastic / no plastic / plastic. 1 great one / several good ones / then 1 great one. So you just sit back and revel in the knowledge that at least you did your part.

You asked....

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol would a palo verde tree work? I can get decent woods about 1.5hrs from my house but I’m in the desert. I’m sure if I look hard enough I could find a tree of decent integrity and grain structure, but not readily available persay. If yours work well and fit 510 connect, I wouldn’t mind purchasing a few if you think they would ship well…?
Use whatever wood you want. And remember, a clear lacquer to seal the wood helps, in case of a leaky atty. You can also stain the wood if you want.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I wouldn’t have put 2 and 2 together on that one 🤦‍♂️.
Apologies, seems clear there is more betwixt you and someone else. I was not aware of that, at all. Genuinely thought you had been living as a mushroom, kept in the dark and fed manure. Tried being helpful for the sake of helpful. D'oh, my toe. Didn't see the big couch sitting in the middle of the room.

Apologies, seems clear there is more betwixt you and someone else. I was not aware of that, at all. Genuinely thought you had been living as a mushroom, kept in the dark and fed manure. Tried being helpful for the sake of helpful. D'oh, my toe. Didn't see the big couch sitting in the middle of the room.
I had a general idea of what it meant but you clarified it for me and were helpful 👍🏼. I do thank you for that as that other guy won’t respond with anything but negativity towards me. Lol. No elephant in the room per se just a guy jumping on my post giving some unneeded comment.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been using anodized aluminum stands for prolly 8 years now and never had one strip.

VU Sponsors