Become a Patron!

WTB Custom ohm meter...

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
looking for something similar to USA Ohm meters. Looking for one that can check ohms, voltage drop and or fire the rda/rta/atty

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the coilmaster 521 tab or 521 tab mini? It is only an idea but may be good enough?

I just use a standard 510 connection Ohm reader, and use a multimeter to test for voltage under load on my mech mods. I think this may be better than testing just the RDA for voltage drop as it is dependant on your mod, as well as the battery and build when it comes to voltage drop.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking for something similar to USA Ohm meters. Looking for one that can check ohms, voltage drop and or fire the rda/rta/atty

The Full Size Coil Master 521 TAB is great. It has alligator clips to use like a multi meter, It fires attys, It uses a single 18650 and comes with a usb cable to charge...

And then it has an attachment that you can screw a mech mod onto, and fire your atty from the mech. You can see voltage drop, too. The thing is really nice. I think it's significantly nicer than the Mini, and it can do all you want It to I believe.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The Full Size Coil Master 521 TAB is great. It has alligator clips to use like a multi meter, It fires attys, It uses a single 18650 and comes with a usb cable to charge...

And then it has an attachment that you can screw a mech mod onto, and fire your atty from the mech. You can see voltage drop, too. The thing is really nice. I think it's significantly nicer than the Mini, and it can do all you want It to I believe.
have it, I actually own 5 and there al shit. ranging from, incorrectly reading ohms, auto fire and bad 510 connections. Twisted420 has a bad ass box from beyond vape, which I'm hoping to get my hands on one. I want a rig something that sits on the desk that's heavy. these cheap ass meters that are mass produced just don't cut it for me. especially when having spent x amount for five units only to have all 5 not work right. I appreciate to replies here but I think this thread should be locked. found what I need/want and again I appreciate the replies guys.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have it, I actually own 5 and there al shit. ranging from, incorrectly reading ohms, auto fire and bad 510 connections. Twisted420 has a bad ass box from beyond vape, which I'm hoping to get my hands on one. I want a rig something that sits on the desk that's heavy. these cheap ass meters that are mass produced just don't cut it for me. especially when having spent x amount for five units only to have all 5 not work right. I appreciate to replies here but I think this thread should be locked. found what I need/want and again I appreciate the replies guys.

Bummer on your luck... The full size one is great for me, at least mine is fine. I must admit the Coil Master 521 TAB Mini did not last. I found out how robust Continuous Current Payload attys are, seeing as I was pulsing dual 9 wrap transformer wire coils at around .4, and the heat started to melt the TAB. Now I was definitely pushing it, and I knew it... But the Payload is good as new. Tab, not so much.

I totally get it. I'd be in for a reasonably priced well made meter. I feel like it should be doable in a Hammond B box even. I'm kinda surprised that nobody I know of makes them... Sourcing the board, and the ability to fire might be tough. Maybe rip up an old mod? Thats too much effort though for a hack job with an old chip, but an idea? lol.

Good luck. I looked up the Beyond Vape and couldn't find anything. I know I've seen a couple nice custom meters.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beyond Vape/Aria Built is a stand up company by the way... I always spread word on good vendors. I over torqued the positive clamp on a Kaze V2, snapped it, my fault, told them as much. They just asked for my address. I offered to pay shipping, no response... just priority mail with 3 whole positive posts, Insulators, and 510's. I have 2, so I fixed the one, and have backups for each now...

So, you mentioned Beyond Vape... I feel I should give them props... Take care!

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Beyond Vape/Aria Built is a stand up company by the way... I always spread word on good vendors. I over torqued the positive clamp on a Kaze V2, snapped it, my fault, told them as much. They just asked for my address. I offered to pay shipping, no response... just priority mail with 3 whole positive posts, Insulators, and 510's. I have 2, so I fixed the one, and have backups for each now...

So, you mentioned Beyond Vape... I feel I should give them props... Take care!
yeap love beyond vape.
so the meter I have coming should be here tmrw!! I'll post a pic when it gets here :)

VU Sponsors