WTB Eleaf 40w & Kanger Protank 2

SouthernShine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Im looking to get my mom off smoking and on to vaping. I found that the Eleaf 40w combined with a Protank would be a good easy to maintain setup that would be good for her.

Not looking to pay any more then $40 since I can buy new for $47 including shipping. So please let me know guys, as always the sooner the better!

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 30 w is very good also and so far I have herd 0 complaints out of it. Not sure about the 40 but have herd nothing bad about it ether. Protanks are good starters along with the Aero tank and the nautilus. You should be able to find any of the combos mentioned for less than 40.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have a 30w and a 40w and love them both. Not too big for a ladies hand and excellent battery life. I also have Protanks and a couple nautilus as well. I actually prefer the Protanks for ease of use. I'm having issues with refilling the nautilus,, the seal is so tight I have a hard time getting it apart to refill. The good part of that is that it doesn't leak at all. But my Protanks don't leak either. I highly recommend the Istick and a Protank. I got mine from Vapor Authority,, they have a kit that includes the charger and wall adapter for a very decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthernShine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30w and a 40w and love them both. Not too big for a ladies hand and excellent battery life. I also have Protanks and a couple nautilus as well. I actually prefer the Protanks for ease of use. I'm having issues with refilling the nautilus,, the seal is so tight I have a hard time getting it apart to refill. The good part of that is that it doesn't leak at all. But my Protanks don't leak either. I highly recommend the Istick and a Protank. I got mine from Vapor Authority,, they have a kit that includes the charger and wall adapter for a very decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the recommendation but i looled there and the dont have the eleaf and kanger combo and the combo that includes the eleaf is a 50w and cost more then the combo i found on another website. Thank you though :)

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What they have now if you looking for combo only is the isticks with the melo 2 which is a fine set up. You don't have to sub ohm you can set the power and air flow down on it.

etorg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've a new respect for the eleaf tc40w. Used to hate it because of poor battery life...but, mostly because of it's 12A max...it will fire down to .05 in TC mode...however...because of the 12A max, vaping a .05 coil has you vaping at a whopping 7 watts. (Need .289 ohm coil to vape in TC mode to get full 40 watts...is very difficult to do...and you can forget about dual-coil temp control on the tc40w.) So, I used the tc40w in watt mode until I got ipv d2. Now I love the light weight of the tc40w and don't care about the poor battery life. It is a very nice watt-mode 40w mod...with plus-ohm coil, it's battery lasts significantly longer. pbusardo took one apart to look at battery...seems it might only be like 1900mah. The eleaf 30w would be my advice for getting older female in to vaping...can still do sub-ohm if wanted...has bigger battery. Protank 2? hmm aerotank has the increased airflow base. Protank 2 was solid tank for it's day. There are just too many newer pieces of hardware out these days, and too many deals, even for starter kit, for under 40$. Just keep eye open while looking around. Eleaf's Melo 2 is interesting. Hard to find by itself though. The GS Air is decent and cheap now, also takes aspire coils. But, seriously...a new tank these days...must have top-fill.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the I stick 60 love that thing. Like the 30 it is flawless and no button rattle. I'm not much for the large units because I'm usually on the go and I need a mod that you can put in your pocket and not have to worry it causing your pants fall come down. I'm not sure. if they have improved the 20 I do think they added stainless threads not sure about that. But actually build wise people have been miss led some what on them, the aircraft aluminum casing has inner grooves that hold the board secure, the wiring and battery are fitted precisely with no silicone and solder piles like I have seen on some of the so called expensive units. People made a deal about the button rattle I have owned 5 - 20 w at one time and one of them had a button rattle you had to shake it to get it to rattle lol. Now, I have had a lot of other units and most all of them had a rattle if you shook it and I never ever herd anything on them. The 50 w had some problems from what I understand they were fixed but I have seen many problems with almost all brands over the years at least they worked hard to fix the ones with eleaf.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Also if anything happens sweet-vape will honor their warranty ( had an issue with an eGo batt a long long time ago and they shipped a new one out no questions asked)

Plus it's brand new.

Good luck with getting your mom to stop smoking man, I know it's hard especially when they're older and you can see the effects cigs have had on them so far. I was able to get my mom to vape about 60% of the time and she's steadily working to quit altogether.

etorg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would seriously consider this kit from sweet-vapes.

40w TC I Stick with a small temp control tank included for a 39.95
http://sweet-vapes.com/eleaf-istick-40-watt-full-kit.html
I agree. That kit might do it. Although, in time, a 2nd $25 tc40w might be worthwhile purchase due to lack of battery stamina. The GS tank is interesting because it also takes aspire coils (Atlantis, etc, including the rebuildable coil head)...from when I was researching, research for yourself to confirm this.

My guess is that mom is probably heavy smoker. Not sure Protank 2 can handle it. Have and used Protank 2 in my first-ever setup. Was constantly rebuilding those tiny little coil heads.

Last edited:

etorg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the I stick 60 love that thing. Like the 30 it is flawless and no button rattle. I'm not much for the large units because I'm usually on the go and I need a mod that you can put in your pocket and not have to worry it causing your pants fall come down. I'm not sure. if they have improved the 20 I do think they added stainless threads not sure about that. But actually build wise people have been miss led some what on them, the aircraft aluminum casing has inner grooves that hold the board secure, the wiring and battery are fitted precisely with no silicone and solder piles like I have seen on some of the so called expensive units. People made a deal about the button rattle I have owned 5 - 20 w at one time and one of them had a button rattle you had to shake it to get it to rattle lol. Now, I have had a lot of other units and most all of them had a rattle if you shook it and I never ever herd anything on them. The 50 w had some problems from what I understand they were fixed but I have seen many problems with almost all brands over the years at least they worked hard to fix the ones with eleaf.
I looked hard at that 60w as well. Seems decent. Went with ipv d2 instead, for the size. Is always a challenge to convert smoker with need for additional batteries and charger...could always pass-through charge for a time though. I believe the 60w kit includes the new Melo 2, seems very nice top-fill tank with affordable coils available.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree. That kit might do it. Although, in time, a 2nd $25 tc40w might be worthwhile purchase due to lack of battery stamina. The GS tank is interesting because it also takes aspire coils (Atlantis, etc, including the rebuildable coil head)...from when I was researching, research for yourself to confirm this.

My guess is that mom is probably heavy smoker. Not sure Protank 2 can handle it. Have and used Protank 2 in my first-ever setup. Was constantly rebuilding those tiny little coil heads.
The new aero tank has the v3 control valve is great it allows a lot more air. Also I use the regular protank single coils in them I just add a extra rubber cup turned upside down to make up for the distance. I rebuild the coils so I have a great amount of vape using that combination.

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Go to ecig.com

Get the 40w,protank 2,5 extra heads and use code : turbo

Will be $40 shipped for everything :)

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I'd go with the 1.8 ohm

Vash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Protank comes with two additional heads as well

SouthernShine

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Protank comes with two additional heads as well

Okay, thank you. If I manage to get a few extra dollars this is where I will get it all from. Kind of broke right now haha

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget the coupon code :)

Ecig.com is where I purchased my I stick 60w. Got a good deal from them on it. I think that sale is off now.

etorg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The I stick 60w with melo2?
Are you using Melo 2? How ya like it? When they come out by themselves, I'm thinking at around $20-$25, I might have to spend some more money. Really like the top-side fill of my Lemo 2s.

Last edited:

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using Melo 2? How ya like it? When they come out by themselves, I'm thinking at around $20-$25, I might have to spend some more money.
I have the melo 1 and 2 and love them both.

etorg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new aero tank has the v3 control valve is great it allows a lot more air. Also I use the regular protank single coils in them I just add a extra rubber cup turned upside down to make up for the distance. I rebuild the coils so I have a great amount of vape using that combination.

I have one of those v3 airflow things. It turned my Protank 2 into a beast, when I was still using it. Basically turns a Protank 2 into an Aerotank. http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kanger-Airflow-Control-3-0-Large-p/krac-l3.htm. Can't remember where I got mine though.

etorg

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, Im looking to get my mom off smoking and on to vaping. I found that the Eleaf 40w combined with a Protank would be a good easy to maintain setup that would be good for her.

Not looking to pay any more then $40 since I can buy new for $47 including shipping. So please let me know guys, as always the sooner the better!

https://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/eleaf-ijust-2-starter-kit.htmlhtml

Just saw this. Non-adjustable could be just the system needed to convert old-school smoker. Is $15 cheaper than my first-ever rig. 2600mah battery + tank = $28.95.

VU Sponsors