VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I am in need of a couple of hybrid mod tools. The little flat one with two prongs used to screw thread in hybrid tops and buttons in. Ive always called them mantis tools, dont know the proper name.

i cannot locate any of mine for some time and have a desire to use a couple of mods that require them. I could make one but prefer a proper tool.

If anyone has any they would like to part with please PM me. Mods are Vaping American Made and a Rogue mod if it matters.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
are the all the same? I'd think it would depend on the mod....I made on from a coat hanger.

Ive been using 14 g wire but my carpal tunnel makes it difficult to hold. I will file down some washers if no one has any and as soon as I get done doing it I will likely find the plastic tube I stored them in.

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ive been using 14 g wire but my carpal tunnel makes it difficult to hold. I will file down some washers if no one has any and as soon as I get done doing it I will likely find the plastic tube I stored them in.

Not really sure what your asking for... are you talking about a 510 tightener?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I dont know the proper name for the tool. I have quite a few mods where one end or the other is threaded in with use of a tool designed for that mod. Thinking I was being tidy I kept them all in the same plastic tube, which I have now misplaced. I have a couple VAMP mods, a praxis and a Rogue that all use these. I have made one for the VAMPS from a steel washer so I have that and will likely just make the others since these will surface one day. I would however like to know the proper name for the tool.

Hybrids.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
MRQ_276-420.jpg

Face Spanner Wrench

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have one that is adjustable for different diameters but probably not the small size holes.
I'm going to scoop me up a cheap harbor freight spanning wrench and fashion a handle. Faster than filing a washer. Thanks for the proper name.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

AnthonyLouis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
@jwill when you said hybrid mod I assumed you meant like stab wood hybrid type mod or something. Sorry for the mix up!

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
@jwill when you said hybrid mod I assumed you meant like stab wood hybrid type mod or something. Sorry for the mix up!

No worries bro. I could have been more clear or put up pics to begin with. I think I was more annoyed I didn't know what it was called.

CrazyChef v2.0

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
I use a pair of needlenose pliers. These thin ones fit nicely in any set of holes I've needed to use them in.
FtUAH8D.jpg

EDIT: Apparently, these are called tweezer nose pliers, and are available on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/XURON-Xuron-Tweezer-Nose-Plier/dp/B007D6Q814
I'm sure you can find them cheaper elsewhere, though. This was just the result of a quick search I did.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I use a pair of "tweezer" point pliers, as well. Got mine in a set of pliers from Wal-Mart for around $10

Hyper Tough 5 Piece Hobby Plier Set with Zipper Case

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tough-5-Piece-Hobby-Plier-Set-with-Zipper-Case/42350194

Snap ring pliers would also work, or round nose jewelry pliers.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

appreciate it, I am in the process of filing down washers. Want something I can put on my keychain, in the wallet. At home will use my tweezers but don't want to look like a burglar when out and about.

jwill

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
very much like this is what I am doing. Just with washers.
Sparrows Mantis 2018-05-17 21-01-20.jpg

VU Sponsors