Become a Patron!

WTF is mouth feel?

Fudgey Finger

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've always wondered but never asked about some of the words we use to describe flavors. When people describe juices they use words like "mouth feel" and "This flavor gives it a chewey texture"

I admittedly am not very good at DIY or tasting things, but I don't understand how an e-juice can taste or feel chewey.

There are other adjectives I have heard that I don't understand and can't remember right now. I'm sure some people will explain what is meant by mouth feel and chewey, but I was hoping you all could also explain some of the other describing words you use in DIY.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I've always wondered but never asked about some of the words we use to describe flavors. When people describe juices they use words like "mouth feel" and "This flavor gives it a chewey texture"

I admittedly am not very good at DIY or tasting things, but I don't understand how an e-juice can taste or feel chewey.

There are other adjectives I have heard that I don't understand and can't remember right now. I'm sure some people will explain what is meant by mouth feel and chewey, but I was hoping you all could also explain some of the other describing words you use in DIY.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Mouth feel.. when you can feel a flavor, like marshmallow (example) when you eat one, you feel the mallow, the texture, the way it sits on your tongue after you swallow. Some people will never get a mouth feel, due to diet, medicines, lifestyle choices, or how long you smoked.. Sometimes it doesn't take long after stopping bad habits for mouth feels to come back. It all depends on your own body chemistry, just like with tastes..

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess you could say certain flavors activate certain taste buds or parts of the palette. chewy would be flavors that are cloying heavy, rich dark, and complex that seem to sink into every taste bud...say like honey,chocolate,cinnamon,clove.....as opposed to bright flavors that are cleansing,or refreshing or light ....say like mint,lemon,berry...However to me, I usually use these words to refer to the overall vape...I vape ss mesh wicks and to me mesh wicks gives a "chewy" vape with a good mouth feel..the vapor is denser, richer, more intense and more complex than cotton gives, cotton to me gives a sort of weak,one deminsional,wispy airy vape that doesn't offer enough complexity to sink your teeth in to.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I smoked for 40 years...... if you name it I've smoked it... took me about 3 months of vaping to understand what Throat hit meant.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
giphy.gif

VU Sponsors