WTF is up with these rogue cops??

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Because stories about police helping people does not seem to interest anyone sir. Enjoy the day!:cool:

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I do have friends and family in law enforcement, but I fear being hurt or killed by cops more than I fear being hurt or killed by criminals.

i agree with you too.. now that cop is sitting in jail, with people he arrested.. on murder charges.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With people carrying around mobile phones with video and sound recording capability and the amount of security cameras pointed every which way, the conduct of cops is now coming into focus as more and more citizens demand equal and non-brutal treatment from those who are there to supposedly keep the peace and protect the citizenry. Police have become more and more militant and less public servants as more and more money has poured into anti-terrorist training and tactics. When there were protests in Ferguson, I watched as MRAP's rolled down the street. These vehicles were designed to keep soldiers alive in battle when a roadside bomb or anti-tank mine was detonated. What the hell was a police force doing with them with M60 Machine guns mounted on the turrets? That was not policing. That was para-military operations. With that mindset in place, police see everyone as a possible perp and only they are the good guys. It takes the thin blue line and erases it and creates an atmosphere of Us against Them in many police officers minds. The problem is "them" happens to be anyone who isn't a cop or military, that attitude leads cops to shoot first and make up lies later. As we are beginning to see, it's not rogue cops, or Rambo wannabe's doing this, it's rank and file patrol officers. That is a situation that has to be changed soon because the citizens of the U.S. will only take so much.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I watch the show "Cops" from time to time, that is an old show, most of the arrests they FILM are with the cops being VERY aggressive in take downs and forcible entries Even opening car doors for traffic stops, and that is where they KNOW they are being filmed.
Bad boy bad boy, whatcha gonna do when they come for you.

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ma'am, and you may be right but..............I don't think so.
Sorry for the gaffe Ms Whisky. I try to be optimistic and a friend is in The Federal Bureau who shares some insights on the matter. Enjoy the day!:cool:

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need to watch some different news channels, I haven't seen any rouge colored cops. I'm guessing Frisco cops? :p

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :oops:

On a more serious note, I don't believe these are rogue cops. I think they are the norm now. There is just more video.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Seems mostly just criminal types get in these situations...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Seems mostly just criminal types get in these situations...
Weak argument.

The fact of the matter is, just as Zam pointed out, they are NOT the "peace officers" we may have grown up with, but "law enforcement officers".
There is a mentality with them, that everyone is a suspect, and everyone is a possible threat. They are armed with military grade weapons, and trained like soldiers. NOT like peace officers.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I never have a problem with the police, but I am not a criminal trying to run from them or grab their weapon...

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I never have a problem with the police, but I am not a criminal trying to run from them or grab their weapon...
I'm sure that makes the many people shot when the police executed no knock warrants on the wrong home, it makes them feel much better.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm sure that makes the many people shot when the police executed no knock warrants on the wrong home, it makes them feel much better.

I thought traffic stops were the premise of the thread, not no knock warrants...

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Cops are scared these days. They shoot because they are scared. They are no longer police officers because they have a calling to help the public. They are cops because its a good job with a nice pension.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perhaps thy are scared because of attitudes like the ones on this thread...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I thought traffic stops were the premise of the thread, not no knock warrants...

if that is the case, let me remove my post.. so i wont offend anyone.
reality is.. a crying shame what society has turned out.. especially with comments like:

Perhaps thy are scared because of attitudes like the ones on this thread...

dont ya think we all have had enough of the drama for a bit?? lets wait till this weekend to kick it up.. :)

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Perhaps they are scared because alot of them have no business being cops and should be doing something else. I know I would not make a good cop, this is why I am not one. I think alot of these guys just see a good job and go for it. Around here, bay area cali, recently we have had a bunch of gangster cops, planting evidence and extorting people. If i were a black man im america, i would be scared shitless of cops.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if that is the case, let me remove my post.. so i wont offend anyone.
reality is.. a crying shame what society has turned out.. especially with comments like:

dont ya think we all have had enough of the drama for a bit?? lets wait till this weekend to kick it up.. :)

I don't know about the drama. Pardon me, continue with Group Think bashing of the police. No wonder...

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know about the drama. Pardon me, continue with Group Think bashing of the police. No wonder...

dont see anyone bashing cops.. but if you insist us to carry on..
will just light a candle in remembrance of a man shot by accident, from a cop..

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Accidents happen in all parts of life. But alot of these are murders. Have you seen the reaction of the cop after he shot the guy in the back. He couldnt care less about the mans life.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im from medellin colombia where cops get paid to look the other way and when shit hits the roof and they cant ignore a simple report wraps up the case. No real investigation no witnesses no news. Dont take for granted what you have its nice when you have members of your family killed to have some kind of closure in the form of legal justice system. From what i see on the news its mostly shady characters in conflictive situations that antagonize the police forcing them to make poor decisions under pressure. Not sure which scenerio is worsr yours or mine but ive never heard of a place with a happy medium. Oh and fyi here duty is an obligation its either working the beat or scouring the jungles looking for terrorists.

efektt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Your situation is much worse. But these officers must be held accountable for their "poor decisions"

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fuck the police. They deserve the attention they are getting. With any luck, more of them will end up in prison or kicking rocks along the curb while they look for new jobs cleaning toilets.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Former military members becoming police officers is common. In the military there is a 'us versus them' mentality that exists that is appropriate for that job. Unfortunately that mentality is commonly brought with them to the law enforcement world where it is not appropriate. I think there are many other factors that are having an effect as well. The military mindset is just one.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It has to be proven it was done in spite and not just a poor decision under pressure which is very hard to do. Why are all these characters always resisting? Its one thing to convict wrong doing its another to make rash decisions based on public opinion. In colombia president uribe was cleaning up a lot of the narco terrorisy cartel activity in the country but was criticized in the form in which he did it. Basically he ran a third military faction known as paramilitary which would go around the law to get the job done. Fight fire with fire. A lot of innocent cadualty but it workef. The streets were safer. Now we have santos which negotiates diplomatically and crime is on the rise again. Point of my story is you cant have both worlds. Either you make a take no shit example or you let shit talk about it and nothing gets done. Ladt thing you want is lae enforcement with no authority. Its a situation which could never be resolvef. Its either one or the other. Thosr countries with small crime rates are more tolerant of deterioration of society like drugs prostitution etc so again pick your poison.

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Damn typor my fingers too big for this damn phone haha

martinelias

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Let me sum up what i wsd saying. Not saying its ok to abuse power just careful what you wish for when the collar gets loose the dogs run wild.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Former military members becoming police officers is common. In the military there is a 'us versus them' mentality that exists that is appropriate for that job. Unfortunately that mentality is commonly brought with them to the law enforcement world where it is not appropriate. I think there are many other factors that are having an effect as well. The military mindset is just one.

You'll love this.

Each class at the Idaho Police Officer Standards and Training Academy is allowed to choose a slogan that is printed on its graduation programs, and the class of 43 graduates came up with "Don't suffer from PTSD, go out and cause it."

Black said the class president was ex-military, and that the slogan "slipped in." He declined to identify the graduate. Black said future slogans would be vetted by academy leaders.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/22394933/...urts/t/police-academy-says-go-out-cause-ptsd/

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I must be different but being a cop and having lived before becoming a cop has taught me the following....if a cop says stop, you stop......if a cop says stay in the car, you stay in the car.....if a cop says put your hands behind your back you put your hands behind your back....etc.
That being said the cop who shot the man running in the back is absolutely criminal. The wisest choice to me seems to listen to the cop and not resist in any way, the officer has to make a decision with the facts he is presented at that exact moment. The individual will have their day in court and the judge/jury who has an unlimited amount of time to make a decision will decide the outcome. Pleading your case while being placed in cuffs or running only increase the odds of a bad outcome.......just my .02 cents

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I must be different but being a cop and having lived before becoming a cop has taught me the following....if a cop says stop, you stop......if a cop says stay in the car, you stay in the car.....if a cop says put your hands behind your back you put your hands behind your back....etc.
That being said the cop who shot the man running in the back is absolutely criminal. The wisest choice to me seems to listen to the cop and not resist in any way, the officer has to make a decision with the facts he is presented at that exact moment. The individual will have their day in court and the judge/jury who has an unlimited amount of time to make a decision will decide the outcome. Pleading your case while being placed in cuffs or running only increase the odds of a bad outcome.......just my .02 cents

Thank you.. it's not a color issue.. <3

if a cop says stop, you stop......if a cop says stay in the car, you stay in the car.....if a cop says put your hands behind your back you put your hands behind your back....etc.

Said very well.. :)

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
so no matter whats happening you should just comply with whatever they feel like doing? allow whatever violation of the law they feel like committing? that may be the wisest decision for surviving an interaction with police, but not for our rights as americans. there has to be a line somewhere

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I would tend to agree in a perfect world. The problem is, the cops have spent a few years earning distrust. I've seen cops lie on the stand. I don't trust them. As far as I'm concerned, it's best to run and fight. If cops told the truth I might be more willing to take it to the judge. Sadly, that just isn't the way things are.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
so no matter whats happening you should just comply with whatever they feel like doing? allow whatever violation of the law they feel like committing? that may be the wisest decision for surviving an interaction with police, but not for our rights as americans. there has to be a line somewhere
I would say unless a cop was beating you up while you were feeding your infant child, attempting to rape you or says for no reason I'm going to kill you pretty much yes. If a cop pulls up next to you and asks you a question beating him up is probably a bad idea and if you are selling loose cigarettes which no matter how petty, it is against the law. If he tells you you are under arrest and tries to cuff you do it.
While there are always asshole cops, most of the time they are following the law and just because you may not agree with it you will have your day in court.
As far as cops lying I have never had to lie. There are enough people actually breaking the law so there is no need to make stuff up.
Additionally to say you are more afraid of a cop then a criminal who has decided to live and die by the sword is absurd, I have yet to meet a cop that would rather kill someone then not too.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I live 40 minutes from Ferguson.....just saying.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would say unless a cop was beating you up while you were feeding your infant child, attempting to rape you or says for no reason I'm going to kill you pretty much yes. If a cop pulls up next to you and asks you a question beating him up is probably a bad idea and if you are selling loose cigarettes which no matter how petty, it is against the law. If he tells you you are under arrest and tries to cuff you do it.
While there are always asshole cops, most of the time they are following the law and just because you may not agree with it you will have your day in court.
As far as cops lying I have never had to lie. There are enough people actually breaking the law so there is no need to make stuff up.
Additionally to say you are more afraid of a cop then a criminal who has decided to live and die by the sword is absurd, I have yet to meet a cop that would rather kill someone then not too.
im going to assume you were responding generally bc that was putting words in my mouth i never said.

all i will say is the longer cops continue to ignore the fact that there is a problem, its only going to keep getting worse. your ideal of comply or die is precisely the problem and its not the law nor is it how police should conduct themselves unless it is an armed and dangerous person. treating everyone like they are armed and dangerous is how cowards operate

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It was meant generally to point there are not many things a cop could or would do to excuse resisting an arrest. Police do not have to retreat and it is the actor who escalates the encounter. I would prefer to not have to be hit, bitten and spit on but if one chooses to do that I am not going to let it continue.
As far as realizing there is a problem the problem is with society as a whole. If you have children, spend time with them and teach them to respect themselves and others they will be better people . If you teach them to be productive and take responsibility for their actions most problems will be avoided both with the police and all facets of their lives. A person who thinks it is ok to break the law because they have no other options is a cop out ( no pun intended ). A person who is violent because he has not had the proper nurturing is not societies fault, it is their parents fault.

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You may have never needed to lie. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've seen it happen many times. I had one lie in court. He knows he lied. I know he lied. They have lied many times to pull me over. I have a few stories I won't bother telling. They know they were lying.

These types of conversations are just another reason I don't trust cops. The ones that claim to be good honest cops are not admitting there are liars and thugs working with them. Let me point something out. Hiding the fact that there are bad cops does not reinforce the good cop meme. A good cop would call out a liar and thug that he worked with.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

The line is the law. If you don't agree with the law, it is societies' right to restrict your freedom, as in prison. Perhaps this is why so many Americans are incarcerated. They think it is their right as Americans to disobey laws they don't agree with without consequences.
Someone attacks a police officer, they are shot and killed, riots ensue... What a joke...

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You may have never needed to lie. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've seen it happen many times. I had one lie in court. He knows he lied. I know he lied. They have lied many times to pull me over. I have a few stories I won't bother telling. They know they were lying.

These types of conversations are just another reason I don't trust cops. The ones that claim to be good honest cops are not admitting there are liars and thugs working with them. Let me point something out. Hiding the fact that there are bad cops does not reinforce the good cop meme. A good cop would call out a liar and thug that he worked with.

If you look above I said there are asshole cops and that I have never had the need to lie. Also I would not tolerate working with an officer that lies. There are plenty people violating traffic or criminal laws making it in my opinion idiotic to make shit up.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just like any other profession, you find a few jerks in the mix.

And now with the introduction of mandatory mobile body cams for the police, I believe that the officers wearing them will be forced to be on their best behaviour and top of their professional game when dealing with the public and how they deal with offenders.

And also, when these "Innocent" young men who have never committed a crime in their life are shot while committing a crime or attacking an officer that is performing his or her duty, we will have a recorded record of the actual events and not just rumors of what may or may not have happened and will prevent the usual rabble rousers from fanning the flames and promoting civil unrest as there is an actual record of the event and no room for rumor or speculation.

And by the way, IMHO, we need to get some body cam's on clergy members as well.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Just like any other profession, you find a few jerks in the mix.

And now with the introduction of mandatory mobile body cams for the police, I believe that the officers wearing them will be forced to be on their best behaviour and top of their professional game when dealing with the public and how they deal with offenders.

And also, when these "Innocent" young men who have never committed a crime in their life are shot while committing a crime or attacking an officer that is performing his or her duty, we will have a recorded record of the actual events and not just rumors of what may or may not have happened and will prevent the usual rabble rousers from fanning the flames and promoting civil unrest as there is an actual record of the event and no room for rumor or speculation.

And by the way, IMHO, we need to get some body cam's on clergy members as well.

I agree 100% Uncle..

VU Sponsors