Become a Patron!

WTF is up with these rogue cops??

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll add that I'm not necessarily anti-cop, but I have yet to have my first positive experience with any of them aside from the ones I've been friends with - generally things go even worse when I'm the victim attempting to report a crime than when I'm the perp (pretty much limited to the lead foot issues I had in my twenties).

And they do get away with breaking the laws they enforce for others with regularity - an officer I used to hang out with once attended a party at my house, proceeded to get entirely shithoused, and attempted through his slurs to get me to give him back-road directions to get home - two towns and 10 miles away. His wife had consumed all of two drinks over the course of the afternoon and evening, but he had this machismo thing going that wouldn't allow him into a passenger seat while a woman took the wheel.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Any officer who does not want to wear a body cam should probably not be the job..

I would have welcomed one..

You have no idea how many bogus complaints about excessive use of force, planting evidence, being rude, et al could be proven to be flat out lies if the officer was wearing a camera... I don't doubt or dispute that some should not be doing the job and that some are out of control but they are few and far in between from what I've seen at least..
This is well said and bears repeating.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've had bad encounters at McDonalds, with accountants, with lawyers, with judges, with construction workers, with business owners, with..................................................

I don't paint them all with the same brush based on the bad actions of a few.. Sure there are bad police officers out there, there are bad FBI, DEA, ATF agents out there but they are in the minority.. You only hear and read about the bad ones..

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, whatever....there are bad cops...who knew....in every human endeavor there are twats...priest,teachers,college proffesors,POLITICIANS,people who run chairties and comitt fraud, civil right activists,and of course Indian chiefs.....why should we even expect our police to be any different....and they all eventually get caught.
The real glaring point is how the media has suddenly gone out of their way to put as many stories as possible about some cop making a stupid mistake, or a creepy sadist with a badge... You can love or hate the cops that's another point, but you are either plain stupid or an idealouge to not question the fact that the media is trying to create a narritive...trying to manufacture consent.If you think that the corporate media is a force to expose the truth, you need to hire somebody to remind you to breathe.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
:DMy priest only tried to touch me once :(:D

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I watch the show "Cops" from time to time, that is an old show, most of the arrests they FILM are with the cops being VERY aggressive in take downs and forcible entries Even opening car doors for traffic stops, and that is where they KNOW they are being filmed.
Bad boy bad boy, whatcha gonna do when they come for you.
Funny you bring up cops (The show)...I got home late last night and while channel surfing I came across "Cops Reloaded"...Most of them I saw where Justified and I didn't see no real excessive force but then again The cops knew there was a film crew there recording ...People knowingly when on camera do act different...In fact the one I saw a cop was playing up to the camera ..Anyway...Here is a fucked up story of a crew member of the show Cops being shot and killed by cops...I may also add The suspect had a Airsoft gun that only fired plastic pellets:rolleyes:...I grew up with Air riles (competition air rifles) and even though the gun may look real from a distance as soon as he fired the thing ANYONE would know that it was a Air gun and not a real one and not much of a threat...
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fi...rribly-wrong-crew-member-gunned-omaha-police/
If+a+christmas+story+was+set+in+this+dec_2b73ea_5374727.jpg

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Anyway...Here is a fucked up story of a crew member of the show Cops being shot and killed by cops...I may also add The suspect had a Airsoft gun that only fired plastic pellets:rolleyes:...I grew up with Air riles (competition air rifles) and even though the gun may look real from a distance as soon as he fired the thing ANYONE would know that it was a Air gun and not a real one and not much of a threat...
http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fi...rribly-wrong-crew-member-gunned-omaha-police/

Sad event and the crossfire situation could have been avoided BUT maybe you missed the part where it was an armed robbery in progress and that not only did the police believe it was a real gun but so did the witnesses...

I hate to break the news to you, but if you wait for the suspect to fire 1st you are probably dead before you can return fire. Are you willing to risk your life that a subject committing a robbery in progress is using a fake gun? It just amazes me how some people think the police should react. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sad event and the crossfire situation could have been avoided BUT maybe you missed the part where it was an armed robbery in progress and that not only did the police believe it was a real gun but so did the witnesses...

I hate to break the news to you, but if you wait for the suspect to fire 1st you are probably dead before you can return fire. Are you willing to risk your life that a subject omitting a robbery in progress is using a fake gun? It just amazes me how some people think the police should react. :rolleyes:
They said he did fire first...Have you ever heard a air gun go off?(No Bang) or a plastic pellet hitting something (A ping) We also have armed robberies in the UK but they know how to deal with them without guns blazing like a bunch of Cowboys in a movie

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They said he did fire first...Have you ever heard a air gun go off?(No Bang) or a plastic pellet hitting something (A ping) We also have armed robberies in the UK but they know how to deal with them without guns blazing like a bunch of Cowboys in a movie
Yawn....

So according you he fires and then the officers, full well knowing it's a pellet gun, blast away? FALSE..

Please educate yourself..

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The day will come soon where a cop/cops will shoot a vaper because they thought it was a gun

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yawn....

So according you he fires and then the officers, full well knowing it's a pellet gun, blast away? FALSE..

Yawn....

Not me...The report...I guess you didn't read the whole thing or at all

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I hate to break the news to you, but if you wait for the suspect to fire 1st you are probably dead before you can return fire. Are you willing to risk your life that a subject committing a robbery in progress is using a fake gun? It just amazes me how some people think the police should react. :rolleyes:

If they're scared, they should work at McDonalds. Cops should have the disposition and training to handle and react to tough situations in a professional manner and not as frightened civilians with guns. If they don't have the disposition to be cops they should find a different profession.

Edited to add, if a civilian was to shoot someone claiming they did it because they thought that person had a real gun, they would most likely be charged with a crime.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Not me...The report...I guess you didn't read the whole thing or at all
And a radical website reports the whole story right? Next time Google a little more.. LOLOLOLOL

If they're scared, they should work at McDonalds. Cops should have the disposition and training to handle and react to tough situations in a professional manner and not as frightened civilians with guns. If they don't have the disposition to be cops they should find a different profession.

Oh boy.... Are they robots? If someone points a gun at you and that causes you to fire your weapon you darn sure had better been in fear of your life or the life of another.. Look into the use of deadly force.. Being 'scared' as you call it IS a requirement for doing so..

They did revert to their training..

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sound of a Airsoft gun vs real gun...Unless you're Helen Keller you should be able to tell the difference

AirSoft

Real gun

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh boy.... Are they robots? If someone points a gun at you and that causes you to fire your weapon you darn sure had better been in fear of your life or the life of another.. Look into the use of deadly force.. Being 'scared' as you call it IS a requirement for doing so..

They did revert to their training..

LOL. That's why cops should not scare so easily. If they are easily scared it causes them to shoot unarmed people and each other. They wouldn't have to be scared of the Big Mac and maybe the police dept could hire real men that aren't so easily frightened.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Let me try to help you a little here... Why I have no clue because you STILL won't get it..

Flea bag point gun at officers. Instantly (and maybe at the same time) he fires his bb gun and an officer fires. You have super human hearing if you can tell the sound of a bb gun over the sound of a real gun. I can almost guarantee you it was not --> Flea bag fires bb gun then 4 seconds later the 1st officer fires..

I've never met so many people who have such strong feeling on a topic they know nothing about, want to learn nothing about and are totally uneducated about..

If I have a strong feeling on something, I learn about it...

I'd absolutely LOVE to have you do my job for ONE SINGLE day then come back and talk to me about it.. LOLOLOL

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LOL. That's why cops should not scare so easily. If they are easily scared it causes them to shoot unarmed people and each other. They wouldn't have to be scared of the Big Mac and maybe the police dept could hire real men that aren't so easily frightened.
And here we go again... Oy vey.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I posted this in another thread...This pretty much sums up US cop mentality( Same scenario)

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Was in the military in my younger days.. Served in Germany, Iraq and a few other places...

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Never lived in England but I'll say this about the goofy video you posted.. The officer in England is lucky to be alive. Do you know how many seconds it takes someone to move 6 feet? If that guy with the knife wanted to that knife would have been in the British officers chest BEFORE the taser had any effect...

AGAIN, EDUCATE YOURSELF

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If it scares you it's probably not the job for you.
I did high risk warrants.. The stuff that would make most of you freeze and piss your pants so please.. Spare me the BS..

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Never lived in Englan but I'll say this about the goofy video you posted.. The guy in England is luck to be alive. Do you know how many seconds it takes someone to move 6 feet? If that guy with the knife wanted to hit would have been in the British officers check BEFORE the taser had any effect...

AGAIN EDUCATE YOURSLEF
Cops in the UK really don't carry guns so it's ALWAYS THE CASE...like what Time said...To many cops here just get scared to easy..In that US one the guy with the knife was even further away then the guy in the UK
Hope you never become a cop...you're a little to paranoid and probably be one of them cops who will shot first then ask later'

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did high risk warrants.. The stuff that would make most of you freeze and piss your pants so please.. Spare me the BS..

Ah, so you think you're better than everyone else. Sorry son, you don't know me.

Your justification for some of these police shootings is because police are scared. I don't disagree. I think they are scared. That's my point. They should not be police. If you are scared, you should have found a job that does not scare you.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ah, so you think you're better than everyone else. Sorry son, you don't know me.

Your justification for some of these police shootings is because police are scared. I don't disagree. I think they are scared. That's my point. They should not be police. If you are scared, you should have found a job that does not scare you.
Use the word scared all you want.. It's a BAD term for reason behind the use of deadly force but I understand the reason you are using it... Trying to blow something out of proportion in order to make a point.. I get it.

Fire your weapon and fill out a report that does not say you were in fear for you life or the life of another and you will be arrested, charged and sent to prison.. Get it? Call it scared if you choose...

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's been fun but I am off to ride my bike...

Oh hey, I saw a black helicopter over my house today.. Maybe my tin foil hat is failing... Need to make another I guess.. Hahaha

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's been fun but I am off to ride my bike...

Oh hey, I saw a black helicopter over my house today.. Maybe my tin foil hat is failing... Need to make another I guess.. Hahaha
Ride safe and I hope a cop don't think your Mod is a gun and shots you :)

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Use the word scared all you want.. It's a BAD term for reason behind the use of deadly force but I understand the reason you are using it... Trying to blow something out of proportion in order to make a point.. I get it.

Fire your weapon and fill out a report that does not say you were in fear for you life or the life of another and you will be arrested, charged and sent to prison.. Get it? Call it scared if you choose...

So, what you're trying to say is that cops are not scared, they just say they were scared so that they don't get in trouble? I think there might be truth in that in many cases.

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So, what you're trying to say is that cops are not scared, they just say they were scared so that they don't get in trouble? I think there might be truth in that in many cases.
Not the point I was trying to make at all.. But now that you mentioned it, has that happened before? Probably.. Not that I've ever seen or know about but I am sure that it has.. Like I said, there are bad police, FBI, ATF, DEA, and whatever other alphabet agencies are out there..

Off to pedal now.... :thumbsup:

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I think you're 99% right..That and...A lot of cops are so out of shape (fat) that they can't run and it's easier just to shoot..Oh and the psychopaths
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyclay/2013/01/05/the-top-10-jobs-that-attract-psychopaths/

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They have the "Script" down ..."I feared for my life".. "He/she was resiting arrest"

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
They have the "Script" down ..."I feared for my life".. "He/she was resiting arrest"
You guy's are cracking me up.. Pick a position and stick to it and not this flip flopping you are doing..

1st they are shooting because they are scared and now they are not scared at all when shooting and only said they were because it's a script..

Man this gets funnier and funnier by the second..

I'll check back later to see what the latest flip flop is.. :D

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You guy's are cracking me up.. Pick a position and stick to it and not this flip flopping you are doing..

1st they are shooting because they are scared and now they are not scared at all when shooting and only said they were because it's a script..

Man this gets funnier and funnier by the second..

I'll check back later to see what the latest flip flop is.. :D
You can't leave can you?..lol

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not the point I was trying to make at all.. But now that you mentioned it, has that happened before? Probably.. Not that I've ever seen or know about but I am sure that it has.. Like I said, there are bad police, FBI, ATF, DEA, and whatever other alphabet agencies are out there..

Off to pedal now.... :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what your point is then. Like I said, you justify many police shootings against people who are minimally armed or not armed at all based on the officers perception at the time due to the stress and fear the officer is under. In short, being scared. I also was in the military at a younger age. The whole point of the whole drill sergeant in your face, fast paced environment is to train you to think clearly under stress and fear and to wash out anyone that can't handle it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming the two are the same(military/police). They are not. The bar should be much much higher for police. The stakes are much much higher. In this country, there should be a higher level of safety placed on the public. It's not okay to shoot unarmed people, minimally armed people, other cops and innocent bystanders. Cops should be held to a higher standard. If they cannot correctly assess a situation due to their lack of reasoning skills under stress then they should not be cops.

And frankly, if I was a cop, I certainly would not want to work with people that cannot handle the job. I might be the one the dumb ass scared cop shoots in the crossfire. Not being a cop, I would not take it very well if one of my kin was shot with a stray bullet from a scared cop as almost happened to my wife a couple years ago.

So, to repeat my position, if cops are easily scared they should find a another job. If they cannot put aside their fear and correctly assess a situation, place the publics lives above their own, then they do not have what it takes.

cthulhufan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That is a legal "thing". I was taught that in my concealed carry course. Of course civilians have more burden of proof but "I feared for my life" is a justifiable reason for using deadly force.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah the whole world knows how benevolent the British law enforcemnt is......that is unless you're a young Irish catholic man living in Belfast or Derry back in the day...then suddenly it's far, far, worse than cowboys.....I love it when europeans pretend to lecture Americans on violence......maybe they forget thie own history, hell just the last hundred years is enough to curl your hair.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not sure what your point is then. Like I said, you justify many police shootings against people who are minimally armed or not armed at all based on the officers perception at the time due to the stress and fear the officer is under. In short, being scared. I also was in the military at a younger age. The whole point of the whole drill sergeant in your face, fast paced environment is to train you to think clearly under stress and fear and to wash out anyone that can't handle it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not claiming the two are the same(military/police). They are not. The bar should be much much higher for police. The stakes are much much higher. In this country, there should be a higher level of safety placed on the public. It's not okay to shoot unarmed people, minimally armed people, other cops and innocent bystanders. Cops should be held to a higher standard. If they cannot correctly assess a situation due to their lack of reasoning skills under stress then they should not be cops.

And frankly, if I was a cop, I certainly would not want to work with people that cannot handle the job. I might be the one the dumb ass scared cop shoots in the crossfire. Not being a cop, I would not take it very well if one of my kin was shot with a stray bullet from a scared cop as almost happened to my wife a couple years ago.

So, to repeat my position, if cops are easily scared they should find a another job. If they cannot put aside their fear and correctly assess a situation, place the publics lives above their own, then they do not have what it takes.

You have some vaild points, but the idea that there is this race of human beings that CAN handle the stress and horror that cops deal with, and act flawlessly in every situation making perfect judgments under life threatening conditions....is just ridiculous....it denotes an unwillingness to deal with the real world and find real solutions.
I read all the time about some poor SOB in India who gets caught stealing something, and the neighborhood takes matters into their own hands and beat the poor bastard to death.....hell without the cops the so called innnocent public would tear each other to peices.How long would it take for Furgeson missuorri to burn itself to the ground without cops.
Playing the victim in America has replaced baseballl as the national pastime....we have movie stars and proffesional atheletes making millions bemoaning their lot in life, giving laughable interviews of the horrors of their lives in America from their poolsides as they are getting a massage....recently I read of a college proffesor who was trying to lay her painfull menustral cramps at the feet of "white privledge"...idiots like this woman are actually given a platforn for their lunacy, and actually given national attention....this kind of "stress" is legitamate, but cops...pulling fetuses out of dumpsters or dealing with abused childeren or human being transformed into zombies by drugs...we expect them to deal with a hell of alot more than the mythical microaggressions of the morons they serve.
We might also consider that the caliber of the people who we take as cops...I live in Oakland and the pay and perks for being a cop is pretty decent,but not for what you have to put up with...Oakland can't hire people to be cops here....nobody with half a brain or an ounce of sanity want to serve and protect the human floatsom of the american public.if we get the goverment we deserve we most likely get the cops we deserve.

Last edited:

raqball

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm not sure what your point is then. Like I said, you justify many police shootings against people who are minimally armed or not armed at all based on the officers perception at the time due to the stress and fear the officer is under. In short, being scared.
You are so blinded by hate you can't see past it and think rationally..

Please show me where I have justified a shooting that was bad. I think I've said numerous times that there are bad officers you just fail to see it because of that hate thing you've got going on..

You are obviously fueled by media reports, that much is clear. If you do not think they are on an agenda, twist facts and leave facts out to make a story then you'd be mistaken.. But you are exactly the type of person they are targeting...

Cops should be held to a higher standard.

They are, yet once again you are uninformed and / or blinded by hate.. Police officers are fired for getting simple speeding tickets when off duty. If you get a speeding ticket when you are not at work do you loose your job? One example of many and I can go on but don't really feel the need to waste the keystrokes..

And frankly, if I was a cop,

Thank god you are not... You would not last long before your family and friends were attending your funeral..

The whole point of the whole drill sergeant in your face, fast paced environment is to train you to think clearly under stress and fear and to wash out anyone that can't handle it.

Very odd comment... Ever hear of friendly fire? Happens all the time, Ever attended a Law Enforcement training academy? You might find them semi-similar..

So, to repeat my position, if cops are easily scared they should find a another job. If they cannot put aside their fear and correctly assess a situation.

If someone pointing a gun at you does not scare you then I call BS, drama and nothing more than words for effect.. You have a split second to asses the situation and react. Blink your eye and you are dead. Get it?

It's not reality TV, it's not a video game, it's not a couch commando second guessing you for months and years to come and it's not CNN trying to get you to watch more programming with half truths, it's real life and death.. Get it?

Again, educate yourself and not via the media please.. I get the whole hate thing you've got going on but if you want to make a rational argument you need to know what you are talking about...

Last edited:

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

As to your military training.....really you have never heard the expression "cry havoc" war crimes happen in every army despite the training of discipline this from Shakespeare...as Henery lays siege to the town of harfluer begging them to surreneder.

Take pity of your town and of your people,
Whiles yet my soldiers are in my command;
Whiles yet the cool and temperate wind of grace
O'erblows the filthy and contagious clouds
Of heady murder, spoil and villany.
If not, why, in a moment look to see
The blind and bloody soldier with foul hand
Defile the locks of your shrill-shrieking daughters;
Your fathers taken by the silver beards,
And their most reverend heads dash'd to the walls,
Your naked infants spitted upon pikes,
Whiles the mad mothers with their howls confused
Do break the clouds, as did the wives of Jewry
At Herod's bloody-hunting slaughtermen.
What say you? will you yield, and this avoid,
Or, guilty in defence, be thus destroy'd?

Rape,murder and thievery were so common among troops that after battles while the men were battle drunk it was common to hang offenders on site to try and warn the rest of the army to reign their madness in.

VU Sponsors