Become a Patron!

Wth? SX Mini Q Mini Changes Flavor and Vape Experience in Watts/Power Mode?

JTR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive tried many mods in the past 4 years, from the IPV’s, Snow Wolf, Smok G Priv, Smok Cube, Sx Mini Q and perhaps a few others I cant recall off the top of my head; but I want to make sure what Im experiencing is legit.

Just got a brand new SX Mini Q Mini (black) with the newest SX450J-BT chip, and my vaping experience has just gone to the next level I haven’t had before.

I dont use temp control anymore, experimented with it a couple years back, but found myself going back to Kanthol after a month. I could never get used to fiddling with the soft wires or yanky titantium, so I just stopped.

Anyhow, Im only using the SX Mini Q Mini in Power Mode/Wattage, 60w on a Limitless RDTA Plus, .45 ohms with alien wire. All my juice just seems to taste better; better as in more pronounced, more flavor nuances, and somehow “cleaner”…usually when vaping on any other mod, I know that at a certain wattage, I cant just take a long ass drag, and flinch before blowing the vape out to avoid the dreaded dry hit; somehow with this SX Mini Q Mini, I can feel it vaping waaaaay too smooth, to the point where I can take as long a drag as I want even at 60watts! Its pretty insane; I thought the SX Mini chips were at the top of the echelon of superiority, right up there with the vaping staple, the DNA.

I always assumed the advanced chips were more for menu functionality, and for TC vaping in particular; am I to understand now that the SX450J-BT chip has somehow managed to improve its temp control in wattage mode, because I havent had this comfortability in vaping….ever. I’m always tentative of the dry hits, but with this mod…its basically like I have TC with Kanthol in wattage mode.

Is this in fact true to some degree? Is the SX Mini Q Mini in fact to some degree preventing the cotton from burning while not even in TC mode?

I also noticed that while cleaning out my coils by dry firing under the faucets running water, that the SX ramps up to glowing coils in a very controlled way; its hard to describe but it just basically feels like such a more superior device all the way around.

Can anyone here add anything to this? The idea that a chipset can improve the vaping expereince in wattage mode using kanthol?

Im just tripping out here, in 4 years I never….

All my fav juices have new tones and more precise detection of previously unknown hints of flavor..

Just wow.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am a TC vaper but I would agree the better chipsets like the DNA, FSK, and Yihi boards are more accurate and smoother in power mode.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In power mode,I do find that my higher end mods are a bit smoother, but I can't say things taste better in all honesty. The higher end Yihi boards are up there with the other top manufacturers, and I even find their 300 series boards to be fantastic, even the 130 in my first ever mod I liked.

If it does taste better to you though, then take it as a bonus! Wether it is a placebo or not, it is good either way if things taste better and you find you are having a nicer experience using that mod.

bmclaurin

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It hits pretty smooth in Power/Watts mode for sure. But, in addition to that, perhaps you are using one of the smoother preheat settings (e.g., Soft), or maybe even a custom preheat curve? It would be easy to put the device in one of those modes without realizing it. Pressing the Down button cycles through the various preheat (and custom curve options).

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You definitely get a smoother signal with DNA and Yihi chips, how noticeable that would be when it applies to taste/vape is probably more subjective than anything.

JTR

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes, that's exactly what it was; I had it set to soft, and the ramp up was what brought out those flavor tones. Somehow it's like the electricity being moderated by this chip gives it what we can only describe a "cleaner, pure vaping experience". I never knew that the chip made so much difference. The G Priv by Smok is a beautiful device and my former adv, but now after using the SX mini 450JBT chip, anything less would seem...uncivilized, to quote that old Hulk Hogan commercial for Gillette from the 80's lol.

VU Sponsors