Become a Patron!

WTS titanium goon! Fast!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpeg image.jpeg Got a titanium goon totally complete for sale ...extra blue hardware and rings and two caps. Hit me back!
$200

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
just out of curiosity, does it have any performance enhancements over the standard goon?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
The clamp bars appear to be titanium.
i see that; but, where is the performance enhancement there?
titanium is certainly harder; but, conductivity wise, I'm not seeing where there would be much of an advantage.
I'm just curios to see if I can learn me something

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually the clamp hardware is all silver plated, it came with a set of blue anodized and silver plated blocks bars and screws. I had one I'd bought new and never used it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Ok, cool, enhanced conductivity. Airflow the same?

anen

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
i see that; but, where is the performance enhancement there?
titanium is certainly harder; but, conductivity wise, I'm not seeing where there would be much of an advantage.
I'm just curios to see if I can learn me something
Titanium hardware is less likely to strip, but has also poor conductive property. That's where silver plating comes into play I guess.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Titanium hardware is less likely to strip, but has also poor conductive property. That's where silver plating comes into play I guess.
True conductivity issue is where I was going.
But to each is own, I've spent more on stuff. Just wanted to see if there was any real advantage

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Titanium is also a piss poor conductor of heat. Maybe the thought behind it would be to keep the heat on top of the deck and in the coils where it does the most good. I'd think the outer threads of the 510 would have enough surface area to compensate for ti poor conductivity though.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Ive seen these titanium goons sell for alot more than he is asking. Its all about supply and demand. They dont make them anymore and you cant find them anywhere. Ive seen someone pay 300 bucks for one. Someone wants it bad enough they will pay.

KloudyKev

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I think I got ripped off. He stopped all communication after I sent the money even though said he would send tracking info, and I need it for delivery purposes.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Contact PayPal, dude. Or whatever institution you used to pay

cvcrcr99

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I hope you used PayPal, and not the friends and family stuff. Maybe something came up? Even still, this is a rather large purchase in the vape world IMO and he should be on top of it all.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yeah seems sketchy. He only has two posts and became a member here this month. I think his only activity on this forum was this thread. I would be worried. I hope you used goods and services through paypal. Thats sucks man, hope it all works out.

KloudyKev

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yes I used PayPal goods and services. He tried to get me to pay through some other app but I refused. I've already tried to contact them through PayPal so if I don't hear anything in a couple days I'll file a claim.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yes I used PayPal goods and services. He tried to get me to pay through some other app but I refused. I've already tried to contact them through PayPal so if I don't hear anything in a couple days I'll file a claim.
Good man, im glad you went through goods and services. You should have nothing to worry about then. I would give him a couple days, just incase something came up. Then i would file a claim. Something doesnt seem right to me. I hope im wrong.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
That is the wisest thing to do, please keep us posted on what happens.

dingo1799

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking from experience, you're far better off to just file a claim, especially since he "disappeared".... in this day and age, there's no reason for it other than to scam someone. I was buying and selling gear the day my kid was born, sitting in the hospital holding my fresh baby.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
File now..Paypal will try to contact him, if they cant they will award you the money back providing he has it in the bank account used...Unfortunately some people open accounts then close them just as fast after taking out the money..Hopefully that's not the case for you personally...Hope you get your money back or item soon.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Good deal dude!
Do what the others said and file the claim asap.
As far as I'm concerned, he's already shown it's not worth it.

KloudyKev

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Update. He messaged me and said he shipped today and will send the shipping info tomorrow. I don't know if he's just trying to put me off from filing the claim or what.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Update. He messaged me and said he shipped today and will send the shipping info tomorrow. I don't know if he's just trying to put me off from filing the claim or what.

If he really shipped he could easily give you the tracking with PayPal - unless you asked him to ship to a different address

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I'm a case like this, I would give him a deadline to get you the tracking number .... As in 9am. If he shipped it, than he should have it in his email, or if he went to the USPS, his pocket.
When I ship something, I get the tracking to the buyer ASAP, usually when I pay for it. Sometimes that means before I leave the post office. Other times before it's actually left my apartment. Either way, it's still fishy to me; and has been from the start.

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm a case like this, I would give him a deadline to get you the tracking number .... As in 9am. If he shipped it, than he should have it in his email, or if he went to the USPS, his pocket.
When I ship something, I get the tracking to the buyer ASAP, usually when I pay for it. Sometimes that means before I leave the post office. Other times before it's actually left my apartment. Either way, it's still fishy to me; and has been from the start.

I totally agree. I dont see why it would take him until tomm. to get the shipping to him. He messaged him back, its as easy as typing the tracking in the message. Something doesnt seem right. I feel like he is stalling.

I just checked the last time he was on this forum. He was active today around 6 pm. He obviously read this thread and seen that he is caught. So he is stalling. What are the chances he has not been on VU but the day he comes on and reads this thread he messages you that he shipped it.

SOMETHING IS FISHY. I hope im wrong. But doesnt seem like i am....

KloudyKev

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I gave him until tomorrow morning to get me the tracking info, but at this point I'm so discouraged that I wouldn't put it past him to ship an empty package just to get a few more days to get the money and run.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I gave him until tomorrow morning to get me the tracking info, but at this point I'm so discouraged that I wouldn't put it past him to ship an empty package just to get a few more days to get the money and run.
I've seen it happen. But I've also seen it come to pass that the seller was being honest.
I guess it comes down to a gamble for you at this point, and if it's worth it to you.

KloudyKev

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
If this item was for me I would have filed the claim the day after he went silent, but its for a good friend who owns a vape shop and really wants the titanium goon. Ive even contacted 528 and they said they will not be making anymore titaniums.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
If this item was for me I would have filed the claim the day after he went silent, but its for a good friend who owns a vape shop and really wants the titanium goon. Ive even contacted 528 and they said they will not be making anymore titaniums.
Sure hope you get it. That is a lot of $$$ to shell out on an atty.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Sure hope you get it. That is a lot of $$$ to shell out on an atty.

Especially a used one at that....

Wanted a titanium one to stash really badly when they came out but couldn't cough up the dough at the time

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
IDK it's weird he hasn't responded here. I hope you get the right item, but who knows what will arrive. make sure you have time to file a claim just in case a clone arrives or something.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
He sent me tracking info through pm and through PayPal so hopefully this works out. I guess he just needed a little incentive to do the right thing. Thanks everyone.
Killer dude!!!
Keep us posted bro

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors